PDA

View Full Version : Read this damn it

Jason Scheer
08-22-2005, 08:07 PM
No wildcat baseball love? Jason Donald and Eric Berge were recently named two of the top 30 players in the Cape Cod league, which is no small feat. Arizona should contend for and hopefully gain a spot in Omaha

dub77
08-23-2005, 12:18 AM
I agree that we should talk more about what a great job Lopez has done with the team. College baseball might be one of the toughest coaching assignments you can imagine. Lots of games, and you can lose your entire recruiting effort in a draft, but somehow Lopez has thrived and has us back on top. I say great job.

I read somewhere that they are planning to upgrade the baseball facilities. Is that going to happen soon? Watching a game during the day at the UA is brutal.

Go Cats...

wassupcats
08-23-2005, 02:35 AM
They're in the process of upgrading the stadium, reducing the seating size and adding grassy areas.

NB I like you're enthusiasm, but remember this is a team that lost 8 to the draft, including the entire outfield. I agree that they should be in contention, but I don't think it should be expected of a team that lost so much talent.

Class of 1990
08-23-2005, 02:36 AM
Yes they are digging out the current field and removing much of the bleachers. Lowering the seating capacity. There was a article in the local Star about it. I forgot to post it.

Wassupcats or NB who are on campus should be able to fill in this update better.

wassupcats
08-23-2005, 02:39 AM
If I'm around there I'll try to take some pics and post them

Jason Scheer
08-23-2005, 02:53 AM
I agree they obviously wont be the same team but they do have some high profiled recruits coming in and Eric Berger should be a damn good pitcher. Derek will be back in the outfield and I wouldnt be surprised if Baston started right away. Oregon St is definitely the class of the Pac but Arizona should be right there again