PDA

View Full Version : Same ol', same ol'...

JMarkJohns
09-11-2005, 07:08 PM
...Cardinals are getting rocked and making it look oh so easy :rolleyes:

Thanks ya freakin' redbirds!

Why do I even bother? Like the Suns are cursed enough :flush:

Innocent OJ
09-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Another Special Teams TD for the Giants. They looked great in the first half, but give up 35 in the second????

JMarkJohns
09-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Yeah, there all potential... just enough to suck you in, then suck.

Special teams defense needs some major tweekin'. They are absolutely killing the Cardinals in this game. To allowed TD returns and an additional 50-yard return to boot.

Just awful.

Fitzgerald looks great, but Boldin and Arrington look a bit lost, or left out.

They need more out of the run/screens on offense and s new special teams defensive scheme for next week. This game was winnable and is now a laugher.

I can't believe I'm a fan...

bleedzgreen
09-11-2005, 10:42 PM
give em some time...its wk one.

funny irony...second time in 3 yrs kurt warner started the season on the road against the Giants and lost. This time, he can remember his own phone number.

Jason Scheer
09-11-2005, 10:48 PM
The Cards just kill me. They are a major cock tease. Kurt Warner is still the most immobile QB in the league though

TucsonClip
09-12-2005, 12:43 AM
Comon its week freakin one... If the defense (which is good) shows up today, the RBs get more carries and Warner shreds the Giants defense up. The Cards wil be fine, because they play in the NFC West and have a consistant QB.

Oh yeah, who was the only NFC West team to win today?... The 49ers... So pretty much the standings are 0-0 for the Cards, Rams, Seahawks, while the 49ers are about 3 games back.

catgrad97
09-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Yeah, guys, come on, have faith, it's only week one....

By week five the Cards will have half the blubber on their O-line blown out due to injuries, giving Dennis Green an old stand-by to blame Arizona's 0-5 start on.

Things just are never going to change for the Arizona Cardinals, no matter how good a preseason they enjoy. Talk about being mired in a loser mentality. :(

The only curiosity right now is how quickly the sellouts in Glendale Stadium next year will drop off after another miserable start. The NFL will face contraction down the road, and there's no question in my mind where Tagliabue should start folding teams.

JMarkJohns
09-18-2005, 07:50 PM
0-2...

Four trips into the 'red zone' and just 9 points and a game-ending turnover to show for it. Absolutely piss-poor. Unbelievable! Only the Cardinals... they were better team today for nearly 90-yards of the field. Difference is and will remain, that final 10-yards, which, until they get a running game, I don't think they score more than 10 'red zone' TD's all year. They just cannot hold up against the blitz and when the field is shortened, their perceived receiver advantage is negated by swarming zones and double-teams.

Until that line does it's part, it's going to be a looooonnngggg season for Arizona.

CG Cat
09-19-2005, 12:03 AM
^^^^

Didn't Shipp average 5ypc today? Problem is they only gave him the ball 12 times. I didn't get to see the game though so maybe he just broke 1 long run.

JMarkJohns
09-19-2005, 01:03 AM
Yeah, but it was inconsistant yards. If they needed two yards on 3rd-down, he couldn't get it. He picked most of his yardage up on first down runs, not anything that really mattered.

He's a solid back, but they need a power back that can gain those type of first downs and consistantlt pick up 2/3/4 yards at a time for those times it's 1st and Goal at the 7.

They don't have it, so no one bites on their play-action, which means either a all-out blitz or 7-man coverage.

JMarkJohns
11-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Let's get that #1 pick Bandwagon goin'! I'm on board!!!

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/1107cardsberry.html

Damn!