PDA

View Full Version : Big Time Commitment headed to Kansas

KansasIsWright
11-02-2005, 02:27 AM
One time Arizona recruit Cole Aldrich has just made a commitment to play for the University of Kansas. Cole picked KU over UNC, and Minnesota(he shunned UK, MSU, Duke, to name a few) :banana:

I'm am so thrilled to get him, but this comes as no surprise as it has been known that Aldrich has been a heavy KU lean for a long time.

#8 ranked player by Scout.com
#9 ranked player by Rivals.com
#1 ranked Center in 2007

http://arizona.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=24966

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/23/231922.jpg

kanobi
11-02-2005, 02:36 AM
Yawn.

UA Direct
11-02-2005, 02:45 AM
David Padget 2.0?:rolleyes:

KansasIsWright
11-02-2005, 02:54 AM
David Padget 2.0?

Nope, Cole is a banger, besides you can't push him around like a pansy like a certain someone...ahem...David Padgett...ahem.

Itamicbomb
11-02-2005, 02:58 AM
So you attack someone for taking shots at Bill Self, then you slam David Padgett...nice.

UA Direct
11-02-2005, 03:02 AM
Nope, Cole is a banger, besides you can't push him around like a pansy like a certain someone...ahem...David Padgett...ahem.

You're right - totally diferent game.

But I still don't care.

He may be cut out for 'Self Ball', I'll admit.

Jason Scheer
11-02-2005, 03:04 AM
Nope, Cole is a banger

Kansas has gangs?

KansasIsWright
11-02-2005, 03:07 AM
So you attack someone for taking shots at Bill Self, then you slam David Padgett...nice.

I didn't attack anyone there buddy, besides it's one thing to create a web page bashing a college coach and another to simply state a fact about a given player, it is a fact Padgett got pushed around like a pansy his freshman year is it not? That's not slamming get it straight, come on now... :rolleyes:

the goat
11-02-2005, 03:08 AM
Well nobody isn't it obvious? Lawrence is the home away from home for most Bloods and Crips. C'mon just look at Giddens. You don't just learn breaking and entering and how to get stabbed from watching countless hours of Mr. Rogers.

Jason Scheer
11-02-2005, 03:09 AM
You're comparing a guy that has yet to play college basketball with a guy that is going to be pretty darn good the next couple of years. Congrats with the pickup but as I always say, I will believe it when I see it

WayneNewton
11-02-2005, 03:09 AM
Kansas has gangs?

Yes. They do. They hang at the Moonbar in Lawrence and have knife fights like in Micheal Jackson's 'Beat it'.

KansasIsWright
11-02-2005, 03:11 AM
Hey guys what's with all the cheap shots at KU? I never mentioned anything about Arizona at all, geez the hatred...save it for the game guys.

the goat
11-02-2005, 03:14 AM
I'll ask a question. Why is it everytime Kansas does anything their fans feel the need to come to an Arizona site. Is this your guys need to get the act validated? Also Cole hasn't been a serious 07 option for awhile now.

KansasIsWright
11-02-2005, 03:19 AM
I'll ask a question. Why is it everytime Kansas does anything their fans feel the need to come to an Arizona site. Is this your guys need to get the act validated? Also Cole hasn't been a serious 07 option for awhile now.

Well the only reason I posted it was because he was a Arizona recruit, he had a scholarship offer on the table, thus it is in your interest wouldn't you say?

School Interest level Offer? Visit Date
Arizona No Interest Yes None

UA Direct
11-02-2005, 03:28 AM
Well the only reason I posted it was because he was a Arizona recruit, he had a scholarship offer on the table, thus it is in your interest wouldn't you say?

School Interest level Offer? Visit Date
Arizona No Interest Yes None

I can guarantee you that there was no offer on the table from UA when he verbaled to Kansas. UA already has their 2007, #3 ranked 7-1 center Alex Jacobson who verbaled 2 weeks ago.

UA is pretty much zero'd in on PG Jerryd Bayless or PG Derrick Rose and not much else for 07.

Lute does not recruit multiple players for one position - I can only recall it ever happening one time.

beardownbaby
11-02-2005, 03:41 AM
That's a nice avatar of Michael Finley, KIW.

And Arizona only has one PG target for 2007, UAD. It's Bayless or bust.

KansasIsWright
11-02-2005, 03:46 AM
I can guarantee you that there was no offer on the table from UA when he verbaled to Kansas. UA already has their 2007, #3 ranked 7-1 center Alex Jacobson who verbaled 2 weeks ago.

I can guarantee you that Lute had Cole Aldrich as a higher priority than Jacobson, and would have taken Aldrich over Jacobson. Now look I'm not trying to bash Jacobson, he is def an elite player in 2007 but Aldrich is a notch above.

It's great that you got yours and we got ours, I say congrats on you getting your big and us getting ours.

But geez think about it Lute wanted Aldrich thus you guys might want to know where he ends up. This isn't just any kid this is the #1 center in 2007 were talking about I'd say its good to know. Maybe it's just me but I like being knowledgeable about the college game, one of the steps in that is knowing where the elite players end up, and Aldrich is one of the truly elite players of 2007.

UA Direct
11-02-2005, 03:55 AM
That's a nice avatar of Michael Finley, KIW.

And Arizona only has one PG target for 2007, UAD. It's Bayless or bust.

After looking, it appears you may be right in general.

Transfers/flunkouts/NBA defections can change the recruiting scene for a school in a hurry.

Holding out for Bayless!!

DA

Chicat
11-02-2005, 09:33 AM
I'll ask a question. Why is it everytime Kansas does anything their fans feel the need to come to an Arizona site. Is this your guys need to get the act validated?
Heimlichfor0 . . . er . . . I mean, KansassIsWrong just likes our site so much that he needs that constant reassurance from us that we think his team is cool. :cool:

catgrad97
11-02-2005, 11:58 AM
I can guarantee you that Lute had Cole Aldrich as a higher priority than Jacobson, and would have taken Aldrich over Jacobson. Now look I'm not trying to bash Jacobson, he is def an elite player in 2007 but Aldrich is a notch above.

Facts? Back up these assertions, please. Cole Aldrich has not been mentioned in ONE local publication as being an Arizona target--much less being offered.

So BACK UP your guarantee, boy-o.

But geez think about it Lute wanted Aldrich thus you guys might want to know where he ends up. This isn't just any kid this is the #1 center in 2007 were talking about I'd say its good to know.

Again, you just expect us to assume this is case because you say so. We don't. I saw Aldrich mentioned in passing as one of a handful of bright recruits for the class of '07, but I can guarantee YOU that Lute has absolutely no regrets about Jordan Hill or Alex Jacobson.

I like being knowledgeable about the college game too, and Aldrich may wind up being one of the elite big men of the '07 class--but #1? Says you. Don't get all butt-hurt if Arizona fans don't happen to agree, or even care.

anal_tooth
11-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Come on, guys. We all know that KansasIsWright is an insider and has access to information from Lute Olson directly about who the program is going after.

I just hope that our program doesn't give Aldrich's dad a job. I think Self telling Aldrich that Lute was going to die soon did enough.

GlobalCat
11-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Anyone who denies that this is a huge get for Kansas is a hater.

That being said, Bill Self will cause him to transfer after his freshman year.