PDA

View Full Version : Two Sides To Every Story...

Auercat
11-16-2002, 10:56 PM
including mine. I was very critical of Mackovic, the players and everyone involved in the fiasco this week. That being said, now I'll give props to Mackovic, the players, the assistants and the support staff for a job well done today. They went into Berkeley and beat a very good Cal team. The offense finally got on track again and the defense had some big plays too. The players reacted very well to the adversity of this week, and the coaching staff (including Mackovic) did a fine job getting the team ready to play. Hopefully, the trend will continue against ASU, and the entire episode is behind the UA.

Now regarding Mackovic's future: I guess we'll all find out what happens after the season ends. The entire mess of this week can be laid on his doorstep, but there is plenty of blame and shame to go around. The next time people are feeling abused, I hope they act like adults and bring the situation to light immediately instead of letting it fester into an explosion. I also help the athletic dept is now more aware of such situations and will keep a closer tab. And lastly I hope Coach Mackovic has learned from this and will be a better guy no matter what the future holds for him. The UA and everyone involved can only grow from this experience!!

Bearing Down on A Victory Over ASU

Auercat

PS Those of you calling out Likins and Livengood should be ashamed. They were obviously blindsided by this whole sordid afair and have handled everyhting like pros IMHO. Only time will tell if Livengood has done the right thing on the entire Mackovic issue, but I commend his immediate actions for not bowing to team/public pressure. Mob mentality and rule is a dangerous thing and Livengood knows that. All of the decisions on the future of the UA football team will be made by calm, responsible parties. The way they should be!!!!

Cobaltrogue
11-16-2002, 11:54 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Bear Down,
Cobaltrogue

Quencher
11-17-2002, 03:02 AM
The fact that Livengood was 'blindsided' (if he really was) is yet another indication that he had no idea what was going on in the program and that's a problem, IMO - especially when things were not working.

I don't know why Likins is criticized and I disagree with it - but I was very upset that anyone would attack the players.

Mack still sucks and he still needs to go.

CatnPhx
11-17-2002, 11:53 AM
Quencher - are you going to continue your Mack bashing as long as he is our coach? If so, you are posting in the mode/style of BRO and that gets old very fast. Talk about something more constructive instead of something you have no control over. Things will work themself out, they usually do.