PDA

View Full Version : Kansas ranks up there with most despicable teams

J. Mack
11-18-2005, 11:45 PM
From the slick coach on down to the arrogant hayseed fans who think that Lawrence is the holy land, but are still living off of Danny and the miracles; KU disgusts me. From Greg Ostertag (who shook Glenn Robinson's hand after bing dunked on to the fingernail-painted buffoon, Scott Pollard to miss Washington, Micah Downs, KU really represents everything that is soft in college basketball. It is a good thing that Bill Self brought thugball and the hi-low to town; now soft players can waste their careers being forced into a system that doesn't fit them. I commend David Padgett for getting out of Dodge; He saw what was coming and headed to a place where players who should run are allowed to do so. Its too bad that we can't say the same for Aaron Miles, Keith Langford, Wayne Simien and J.R. "Slash" Giddens. I give Bill Self three more consecutive early exits; then he can leave the holy land to a place where he can squander talent on a lower profile. In the meantime, we will watch Chalmers, Rush and company walk the ball up the court while Sausha Kahn and Darnell Jackson are featured in the hi-low

crusher
11-18-2005, 11:57 PM
From the slick coach on down to the arrogant hayseed fans who think that Lawrence is the holy land, but are still living off of Danny and the miracles; KU disgusts me. From Greg Ostertag (who shook Glenn Robinson's hand after bing dunked on to the fingernail-painted buffoon, Scott Pollard to miss Washington, Micah Downs, KU really represents everything that is soft in college basketball. It is a good thing that Bill Self brought thugball and the hi-low to town; now soft players can waste their careers being forced into a system that doesn't fit them. I commend David Padgett for getting out of Dodge; He saw what was coming and headed to a place where players who should run are allowed to do so. Its too bad that we can't say the same for Aaron Miles, Keith Langford, Wayne Simien and J.R. "Slash" Giddens. I give Bill Self three more consecutive early exits; then he can leave the holy land to a place where he can squander talent on a lower profile. In the meantime, we will watch Chalmers, Rush and company walk the ball up the court while Sausha Kahn and Darnell Jackson are featured in the hi-low

"You might want to reconsider what you just said"

KRJayhawk79
11-19-2005, 07:22 AM

So Im guessing you applied to KU but got denied? Only a fool would knock a program that has won more games then 98% of the country, Id say more but youve already done a good job of making yourself look like a mental midget

KrazyCatFan
11-19-2005, 11:11 AM
SO you offer no rebuttal to his post? You flame the poster when he offered some valid points. It actually makes you look like a "Mental Midget"

catgrad97
11-19-2005, 11:43 AM
What were the valid points, KCF? I saw a lot of ripping on KU for "representing everything that is soft" but complimenting guys like David Padgett, who is one of the softest posts in the game at Louisville.

I'm not seeing anything about how Kansas is 'despicable'--and there IS some valid material out there to debate that. Just look in this thread:

http://forum.goazcats.com/showthread.php?t=39508

But this whole thread is nothing more than a flame without substance. You WOULD have to be a mental midget not to respect the Kansas basketball program. What certain people do in it are on them--not a reflection on the program.

At least that's the way I look at it.

KrazyCatFan
11-19-2005, 12:53 PM
What were the valid points, KCF? I saw a lot of ripping on KU for "representing everything that is soft" but complimenting guys like David Padgett, who is one of the softest posts in the game at Louisville.

I'm not seeing anything about how Kansas is 'despicable'--and there IS some valid material out there to debate that. Just look in this thread:

http://forum.goazcats.com/showthread.php?t=39508

But this whole thread is nothing more than a flame without substance. You WOULD have to be a mental midget not to respect the Kansas basketball program. What certain people do in it are on them--not a reflection on the program.

At least that's the way I look at it.

I agree with you completely and i respect KU basketball. Roy Williams did a great job with that program. After finally being awake and not in a grumpy ass mood the author of thread does appear to be way off base.

KU is a great program with a tradition of winning just like the UA. i look forward to some great basketball on monday. I hope the UA is ready for KU's "A" game and dont have a 2nd half let down like they did against Team georgia

beardownbaby
11-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Doesn't Arizona have a reputation (false or otherwise) for being "soft"? Hasn't Arizona's "soft" image gotten it to four Final Fours and allowed it to earn the nation's best winning percentage from 1988-2005?

I'll take soft any day if it means getting those types of numbers.

Above all, the best nonconference rivalry across the past 10 years has been Arizona vs. Kansas, two elite programs that are what they are despite the morons who think they are "soft".

Perhaps Monday's game should be called The Softie Showdown.

TucsonDon
11-19-2005, 05:54 PM
Wayne Simien was a war-daddy. Don't know what you're talking about if you call him soft. How about Nick Collison? That guy was all heart at Kansas, and gave everything he had on the floor at all times. You should reconsider you stance on this issue.

Ben Hansen
11-19-2005, 09:52 PM
I have a bad feeling Sasha Kaun and CJ Giles are going to change some minds about being soft on Monday. Those guys are studs.

ryoungKU
11-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks guys (and lady) for not being stuck in the fog with your head in your (insert any body part here). We may be a young team, who isn't at our physical "peak", but in years past, as you also will know, it is hard to be physical when you are running by the opposition.

Best of luck tomorrow, it should be a good game (I hope).