PDA

View Full Version : Duke wins at the buzzer!!

CatintheHeat
12-04-2005, 11:06 PM
An absolutely incredible ending.

BlueMikey
12-04-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm half-expecting Tiger Woods to go give Sean Dockery a pat on the butt.

MustafaFan15
12-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Man, what a shot, but I hate Duke, lol. Did the Duke fans rush the court? Lame.

Auercat
12-04-2005, 11:10 PM
I'm going to ralph. The worst part is that as soon as VA Tech hit the put back I said to Mrs. Auercat- "Here comes an absolutely sickening ending." :(

Bearing Down on Duke Having Major Problems With Athletic Teams

Auercat

BibbysTowelDude
12-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Makes me freaking sick... The only saving grace is, I dont dislike Dockery, if Reddick makes it, time would stand still for weeks..

Wolfman Duke
12-04-2005, 11:13 PM
Dockery!!!! We Rule!!!

azpatnca
12-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Makes me freaking sick... The only saving grace is, I dont dislike Dockery, if Reddick makes it, time would stand still for weeks..

same thoughts here.

BlueMikey
12-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Was that a conference game? Seems a bit early for the ACC to be starting.

azpatnca
12-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Va played GT, wasn't that also a conference game?

Taylor
12-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Was that a conference game? Seems a bit early for the ACC to be starting.

Va Tech is in the ACC now. Hence their blowout loss to FSU Saturday in the first ACC football championship game.

PerpEph
12-05-2005, 01:19 AM
It's okay. God is giving the Pukies the good karma when it doesn't really matter. He will make sure that the bad karma happens at the most inopportune moment possible (ala Jay Williams missed free throw against Indiana in the '02 tourney).

And it will be f-u-n to watch.

TheCat
12-05-2005, 01:29 AM
duke hardly looks invincible......lucky shot against unranked opponent. I think Texas and UCONN may take a few votes.

CatintheHeat
12-05-2005, 01:31 AM
duke hardly looks invincible......lucky shot against unranked opponent. I think Texas and UCONN may take a few votes.

We will see soon enough. I believe Duke has to play Texas in Austin.

BlueMikey
12-05-2005, 01:54 AM
Va Tech is in the ACC now. Hence their blowout loss to FSU Saturday in the first ACC football championship game.

I figured it might be a make up game or something from before VA Tech joined. I'm sure glad the Pac-10 doesn't start it's season until after Christmas.

UA Cat 2
12-05-2005, 02:15 AM
We will see soon enough. I believe Duke has to play Texas in Austin.

i believe its east rutherford.

Itamicbomb
12-05-2005, 03:09 AM
We play Texas in Jersey, and if we play like we did today we are going to get our **** ruined. Don't know why, but a lot of the ACC teams have a teaser game scheduled for this week, we don't get another conference game until after the new year.

Dockery was amazing, even without that last shot. This is why I've been saying that he is not giving his spot up to Paulus.

oebabyblue
12-05-2005, 05:12 AM
This just in....

McRoberts has shown me very little in the two games I have seen him.
Redick wishes he had half of Adam Morrison's game
Greg Paulus doesn't scare anyone.

dook will struggle with athletic teams until they get Demarcus Nelson back.

Redick & Paulus can't guard anybody. Absolutely brutal on defense.

oe

KrazyCatFan
12-05-2005, 09:05 AM
Lucky sickening shot. From the games ive watched Duke is not the number 1 team in the land.

Longhorned
12-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Actually, that shot looked so good, it should be one of their set plays early in the shot clock.

DCCat
12-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Future Dukie V rant: Dockery proved he's the second best long-range shooter in the history of the game, babeee! Behind only the fabulous, the incredible JJ Redick! This team is unbelievable with a capital U, babee!

Reisen
12-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Oe is the queen of sour grapes. I saw your trolling about the shot clock over at IC. Be happy in your own win against an overrated team last weekend.

Face it, Duke > UNC this season. We're back to the status quo, last season was an anomaly. We've owned you guys for the better half of the last decade, and that's certainly not changing this year. The least you guys could freakin do is beat a very average Illinois team on your own court in the ACC-Big Ten challenge. But no, you guys don't know how to show up for that, do you?

CatintheHeat
12-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Oe is the queen of sour grapes. I saw your trolling about the shot clock over at IC. Be happy in your own win against an overrated team last weekend.

Face it, Duke > UNC this season. We're back to the status quo, last season was an anomaly. We've owned you guys for the better half of the last decade, and that's certainly not changing this year. The least you guys could freakin do is beat a very average Illinois team on your own court in the ACC-Big Ten challenge. But no, you guys don't know how to show up for that, do you?

As long as Roy Williams is at UNC, Duke is not going to dominate basketball in North Carolina. IMO, Roy Williams is a better coach, and unlike the coach from Durham, is not afraid to schedule elite OOC games on the road.

TheCat
12-05-2005, 04:43 PM
I agree.....if Duke has as many freshman coach K would find a back injury. Duke will have trouble with NC from now on. Don't forget Roy took over a team that had not won much and made that talent into winners.

S.MayAteMyBaby
12-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Roy is good. No questions asked. Look what he did for me!

gumby
12-05-2005, 04:46 PM
I loved Dowdell on VT. Was he a highly-sought-after player? So good with the mid-range game.

oebabyblue
12-05-2005, 09:38 PM

First of all.

It had nothing to do with any SHOT CLOCK, you moron. That was the GAME CLOCK, There is a difference. Learn the game.

Second.

Status Quo? You have owned us for the last 5 years. A period in time where we each have 1 national championship. Well, we owned you for the previous 40+ years. So, I guess you could say it has been back to the status quo for us.

Last. In the first game against real competition, we lost at home to 10th ranked Illinois in a very close game. Then, we went on the road & took down Top 10 Kentucky at Rupp arena with a team of basically freshmen. You needed to pull a lucky shot out of your ass to save yourself & your Mcky Dee-stacked squad from losing to unranked Virginia Tech.....at home.

So forgive me if I don't feel like I need to pay you attention, because you prove over & over on this board how little you actually know about basketball. It seems like anything not written down on a cheer sheet for you to clap to is completely lost on you.

In short......Shut the **** up. Your thoughts don't really matter around here.

oe

Ziggiles
12-05-2005, 09:46 PM
First of all.

It had nothing to do with any SHOT CLOCK, you moron. That was the GAME CLOCK, There is a difference. Learn the game.

Second.

Status Quo? You have owned us for the last 5 years. A period in time where we each have 1 national championship. Well, we owned you for the previous 40+ years. So, I guess you could say it has been back to the status quo for us.

Last. In the first game against real competition, we lost at home to 10th ranked Illinois in a very close game. Then, we went on the road & took down Top 10 Kentucky at Rupp arena with a team of basically freshmen. You needed to pull a lucky shot out of your ass to save yourself & your Mcky Dee-stacked squad from losing to unranked Virginia Tech.....at home.

So forgive me if I don't feel like I need to pay you attention, because you prove over & over on this board how little you actually know about basketball. It seems like anything not written down on a cheer sheet for you to clap to is completely lost on you.

oe

please take this non-arizona argument with two non-arizona fans about two non-arizona programs to the rivals forum please.

oebabyblue
12-05-2005, 09:50 PM
please take this non-arizona argument with two non-arizona fans about two non-arizona programs to the rivals forum please.

Go Cats.

oe

Reisen
12-11-2005, 09:21 PM
First of all.

Second.

oe

WTF? Five years? Try seven, you liar, going back to the 98-99 season, the year we swept you on our way to going 16-0 in the ACC, something no one else has ever done, then barely losing in the title game.

And I don't care whether your were trolling about the shot clock or the game clock, it doesn't really matter, because it was your typical sour grapes nontheless. Face it, we're going to own you again this year, and you know it. If I'm wrong, say it here, now. Then get ready to come back and recant, just like you have done EVERY FREAKING YEAR for who knows how long now, with your lame foretelling of "the hammer falling" and "sweeping Duke". And your owning us for 40+ years is every bit as much BS. At times, each team has been better, including our runs of final fours and back to back NC's, but in head to head games, over the last 7 years, we have outright embarrassed you.

Finally, you lost at home to an overrated team in a competition where you have completely failed to support your conference, in a competion where we have never lost. You can't spin that, not the least bit. Then you beat a Kentucky team that EVERYONE is picking as the most overrated team in the US. Don't expect them to stay a top 10 team, not by any means. Meanwhile, we just whooped up on the number 2 team in the country.

I don't want to hear your excuses, everyone here has heard them for years now, and I've dug up all your posts before. Face it, you're a curse to your team, and you're never, ever right. You call for a sweep, you get swept. You call for the hammer to fall, you morons miss the NCAA's. You call for a new era in Kerlina ball, you wind up with a sub 10 win season. One strong season doesn't erase years and years now of your team sucking it up, and representing our conference so poorly against the rest of the nation.

WayneNewton
12-12-2005, 03:18 AM
WTF? Five years? Try seven, you liar, going back to the 98-99 season, the year we swept you on our way to going 16-0 in the ACC, something no one else has ever done, then barely losing in the title game.

And I don't care whether your were trolling about the shot clock or the game clock, it doesn't really matter, because it was your typical sour grapes nontheless. Face it, we're going to own you again this year, and you know it. If I'm wrong, say it here, now. Then get ready to come back and recant, just like you have done EVERY FREAKING YEAR for who knows how long now, with your lame foretelling of "the hammer falling" and "sweeping Duke". And your owning us for 40+ years is every bit as much BS. At times, each team has been better, including our runs of final fours and back to back NC's, but in head to head games, over the last 7 years, we have outright embarrassed you.

Finally, you lost at home to an overrated team in a competition where you have completely failed to support your conference, in a competion where we have never lost. You can't spin that, not the least bit. Then you beat a Kentucky team that EVERYONE is picking as the most overrated team in the US. Don't expect them to stay a top 10 team, not by any means. Meanwhile, we just whooped up on the number 2 team in the country.

I don't want to hear your excuses, everyone here has heard them for years now, and I've dug up all your posts before. Face it, you're a curse to your team, and you're never, ever right. You call for a sweep, you get swept. You call for the hammer to fall, you morons miss the NCAA's. You call for a new era in Kerlina ball, you wind up with a sub 10 win season. One strong season doesn't erase years and years now of your team sucking it up, and representing our conference so poorly against the rest of the nation.

Weisen's mad. Boo hoo.

dbdfan80
12-12-2005, 04:58 AM
Is JJ Redick containable? I don't believe so

Reisen
12-12-2005, 02:48 PM
I forgot to mention, as support for my argument of Carolina's win over Kentucky being garbage, the fact that UK lost by 26 at Indiana, and has now fallen below the Heels to 22nd.

Itamicbomb
12-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Is JJ Redick containable? I don't believe so

Yes, by 6'6" athletic defenders.

beardownbaby
12-13-2005, 12:20 AM
If Deron Williams can shut down Salim, he could sure as sh*t shut down Redick.