PDA

View Full Version : Houston down late to South Alabama

Boom Dynamite
12-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Looks like its run in the top 25 will be short lived and one of our "good losses" is now just a loss.

ASUHATER!
12-17-2005, 09:10 PM
and houston loses, that hurts the rpi :(

3PTCAT
12-17-2005, 09:11 PM
pathetic what a joke

catgrad97
12-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Way to go Penders. You need to go home and tighten those rims again, buddy.

Boom Dynamite
12-21-2005, 01:34 AM
Houston down again, this time to UNLV. Looks like its turning into a Virgina type loss from last year.

Does anybody think that the benefits of a bad loss, playing in tough environment, showing the players that there is a lot of room to improve, does that out weigh the negatives of having a bad loss on our record and bad for the RPI?

I know Lute does this for our players and their families and has a play anyone anywhere mentality. Marquette was for Dre, but he wasn't around for that, Houston was for J-mac, but he obviously didn't play.

It seems like this year it could mean the difference of us being a pod team or getting shipped out to some ****hole place like durham for the tourney.

I almost would like to seem us play these trap games in a bigger arena which helps us out a little bit. I know we played Illinois in the United Center a few years ago, Ill. played Oregon at the Rose Garden this year, Stanford played Duke in the Oakland Arena a few years ago. It seems like playing these games in a pro arena would make these trap games less of a trap while we still would get all the benefits I stated earlier.

We play enough tough road games in conference at Hec-Ed, Maples, and the Pit in Oregon. So I don't think one more game in a tough environment would do us any good.

I guess it just sucks that we can see the the tough trap games, I'm assuming the players and coaches see the trap games but we still lose those games anyways. I bet if we played Houston in the Toyota center we win that game.