PDA

View Full Version : Stanford really struggling

catgrad
12-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Wow, picked to finish in the hunt for the Pac 10 title, the Cardinal suffered their 4th loss of the season last night in Las Vegas. Virginia Tech outscored them by 16 in the 2nd half. Stanford looked superior in the 1st half and had a comfortable lead. At this rate, Stanford's streak of 11 straight NCAA berths is in serious trouble. Their RPI must be about 280!

BibbysTowelDude
12-18-2005, 06:17 PM
There in serious need of a pac-10 run. I dont see them beating Denver, lesser teams have beaten them and none of those teams have a guy like Yemi Nicholson who I dont think they can defend at all. They'll beat Princeton, and there only other non conference game is Gonzaga who will have to have a down game to lose. and I dont see Stanford winning 15 pac-10 games..

UA Direct
12-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Their RPI must be about 280!

It's actually 300 on the nose.

They're 2-4, with a SOS of 290. That just plain sucks! The only team they've played with an RPI higher than 148 is Montana (73).

Feb. 11, Stanford @ Gonzoga = total humiliation.

BibbysTowelDude
12-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Yeah I think anything short of 15 games won in Pac-10 play or a Pac-10 Tourney Championship, there pretty much done... I think Washington State has a better shot at getting to the tournament then Stanford does..

Auercat
12-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Yeah I think anything short of 15 games won in Pac-10 play or a Pac-10 Tourney Championship, there pretty much done... I think Washington State has a better shot at getting to the tournament then Stanford does..

I completely agree with this BTD. Like I said in another thread last night, other than the 3 Stanford Seniors (Haryazs, Grunfeld and Hernandez), there's not another guy on the Stanford roster who would get PT at any other school in the Pac Ten, except for ASU. The talent level on The Farm is way down and unless Robin and Brook Lopez can also play guard, Stanford is in for some lean years ahead.

Bearing Down on Monty's Program Being A Shell of Its Former Self

Auercat

BibbysTowelDude
12-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Indeed, and they have to play Harayzs in the post a lot more then he should have to because they have less post play then we do and thats startling... If you can contain Chris Hernandez, you should be able to beat Stanford. Haryazs is a solid player but he isnt going to beat anybody, and Grunfeld is just not a player anymore. You can see it in his face, he was totally depressed last night because he cant make anything happen. If Grun and Matt can get you 16 a night you'll be looking decent, but thats against competition that inferior. If you have a decent rebounder you should like your chances against Stanford. It wouldnt shock me to see Ivan have 12-15 rebounds against Stanford. They have next to know athletic ability. Hernandez is solid but he isn't a good athlete. Grunfeld is shot, and Harayzs is just hustle most of the time. Matt does have a nice jump shot though..

SCCat
12-18-2005, 07:48 PM
I completely agree with this BTD. Like I said in another thread last night, other than the 3 Stanford Seniors (Haryazs, Grunfeld and Hernandez), there's not another guy on the Stanford roster who would get PT at any other school in the Pac Ten, except for ASU. The talent level on The Farm is way down and unless Robin and Brook Lopez can also play guard, Stanford is in for some lean years ahead.

Bearing Down on Monty's Program Being A Shell of Its Former Self

Auercat

I made sure to watch a chuck of this game last night as well to get a glimpse of the Furd and it wasn't good. You are right on about the guys outside of the big three, but even Grunfeld and Hernandez weren't playing all that well.

I don't really see how the Furd that played last night could challenge for a spot in the top three in the conference.