PDA

View Full Version : Don't look now, but here come the DBacks!

Ben Hansen
06-23-2003, 07:36 PM
The Dodgers will find a way to choke away the division lead and the Giants and Dbacks will once again battle it out for the right to play in October.

Kevin Brown is due to injure himself any day now and the Dbacks have won five straight to get to 38-36 on the year. First time over .500 all year and 35-25 after the horrible 3-11 start.

All of this improvement and contribution from the amazing young rookies on the roster and we're not even talking about having Randy Johnson or Curt Schilling for 2/3 of the season.

The three-time (in only five years) NL West Champs are on the move and the defending NL pennant winners (Giants) are the only competition - as usual.

Down with the Dodgers!

-Ben

Josh Gershon
06-23-2003, 07:48 PM
The Diamondbacks? Huh? What division are they in?

WilmasPimp
06-23-2003, 08:58 PM
DBacks suck.

So do the Giants (except for my boy Jerome Williams.)

You know you have no hope to win the West when your only prayer is that Kevin Brown gets injured.

Once Shawn Greenberg heats up the race will be over.

WilmasPimp
06-23-2003, 09:59 PM
Ben forgot the link:

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/6445798

GarH
06-24-2003, 03:18 AM
The amazing BabyBacks are playing fantastic.

Ben Hansen
06-24-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by WilmasPimp
DBacks suck.

So do the Giants (except for my boy Jerome Williams.)

You know you have no hope to win the West when your only prayer is that Kevin Brown gets injured.

Once Shawn Greenberg heats up the race will be over.

This coming from the guy who once told me "The DBacks' stadium sucks." I asked him if he'd ever been there and he said, "Well, no...."

All you watch is the AL anyway, Pimp, open your eyes to the better League and see its hottest - and now, youngest - team.

It's the Sidewinders and Luis Gonzales moving up on the Giants in the West.

-Ben

WilmasPimp
06-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Come on Ben I never said that. I've been there for 3 games.

BOB still sucks and the DBacks still stink.

WilmasPimp
06-24-2003, 03:19 PM
But yes the NL is the better league, and yes, all I follow this year is the AL, save for a few Braves telecasts and some interleague games.

ExBondGirl
06-25-2003, 03:28 AM
Like WP said, just wait til Shawn Green heats up...we all know what he is capable of doing. I find it pretty amazing that the dodger's pitching staff is carrying them. When the hitting finally comes around every dodger hater will be eating their words. Just you wait.