San Diego Padres- 0
Seattle Mariners- 0
Colorado Rockies- 0

Enjoy your summer. :)

Bearing Down on The West Coast Scoreboard

Auercat

Ben Hansen
06-26-2003, 03:27 PM
Arizona has one World Series championship and the organization has only been in existence for FIVE YEARS!

Titles in the last decade:

Arizona - 1
Los Angeles - not since 1988.

I recommend worrying about the NL WEST DIVISION title before talking about World Series, Dogers' fans. Because your boys haven't done so well in that department for the last 10 years or so.

Oh, and the DBacks have three division titles in only five years of being a franchise, and the other two years the Giants won it. Hell, even the Rockies and Padres have won the division since LA last managed to do so.

That's embarrassing.

Who won the series this week in the Bay? Oh that's right, the Giants did - again.

Dbacks and G-men are on the move up.

Dodgers are choking - again.

WilmasPimp
06-26-2003, 04:03 PM
Willis on the hill tonight for the Billfish. Can't wait to watch Ben's favorite player MOW down the Metropolitans. It weren't for 12-gauge Alfonseca the Cubbies would be unbeatable in the postseason. Can you imagine a 7-game series where the Cubs went Prior-Wood-Willis-Prior-Wood-Willis-Prior?

Auercat
06-26-2003, 04:09 PM
Keep telling yourself that the Dodgers suck. One day, you might actually believe it. ;)

Bearing Down on The NO World Series Titles in NO Cal

Auercat

Ben Hansen
06-26-2003, 04:15 PM
I don't think the Dodgers suck at all. I never said that. I think they are good but don't have the hitting or starting rotation depth (KB, Nomo and Kaz can't do it themselves, Ashby's average at best nowadays, and Mr. DL is once again living up to his reputation) to compete with the Giants or DBacks over the long haul.

I think they'll fade away into 3rd place come late August.

What I don't get is how Dodgers fans can't see how remarkable the DBacks' second half is shaping up to be. They are doing this well right now and Randy and Curt aren't even playing. Having those two back at 100% to join the already solid (except for Elmer Dessens) rotation, along with a young but talented bullpen and lineup, well, the 2nd half looks blinding.

But getting back to your point. I never said LA sucks.

GarH
06-27-2003, 05:37 PM
I'm really not a Dodger hater. I don't dislike them anymore than a fan would dislike any rival, I'm just very proud of the D-Backs short history and now their very bright future. Now the Lakers I do hate. Now that Luke is there, I got to reframe my feelings for them somehow though.