PDA

View Full Version : I have to say it one last time

Josh Gershon
07-30-2003, 12:49 AM
Rauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul.

Good luck losing my old friend.

WilmasPimp
07-30-2003, 01:03 AM
Mondesi started the year on fire, he was on pace for a 40-40 season.

These days he wasn't even the Yanks first option off the bench. You know your career is in trouble when Ruben Sierra and Karim Garcia get called on to pinch hit ahead of you.

Another brilliant move by the DBack front office. Morons.

Ben Hansen
07-30-2003, 02:33 AM
Actually Pimp, this was a great move. They got rid of Bret Prinz (terrible) and David Dellucci (who I loved but was never a full-timer), got a great offensive player with a cannon for an arm (and speed) AND got the Yankees to throw in $2 million dollars.

Morons? Not quite.

And by morons do you mean the same morons that pulled off the Karim Garcia for Luis Gonzalez deal? Or how about the Travis Lee, et. al. for Curt Schilling deal?

I'd say those have worked out quite nicely.

On the other hand, trading Ruby for Elmer Freakin' Dessens was simply god-awful.

WilmasPimp
07-30-2003, 01:10 PM
Brad Penny for Matt Mantei anyone?

Josh Gershon
07-30-2003, 01:14 PM
Is a Dodger fan allowed to make fun of other team's trades? Probably not, but I'll do it anyway.

How about anything more than a box of baseballs for Albie Lopez?

WilmasPimp
07-30-2003, 01:24 PM
Albie "Sure" Lopez was possibly the worst pitcher of all time this year, the guy lit up like a Christmas Tree every time out.

During his final 10 2/3 IP, he gave up 32 hits and 29 ER. Holy sh*t!! That is nearly impossible to do!

Ben Hansen
07-30-2003, 03:28 PM
I agree about Albie. He was the worst ever. But then again, Rick Helling wasn't exactly a nice pickup, and I should just stop talking about Elmer Dessens by now. I can't stand that clown. They trade my favorite Dback for HIM????????????

Brad Penny for Matt Mantei was a bad deal? Why because Mantei has been so injured or because Penny has won so many Cy Youngs?

WilmasPimp
07-30-2003, 04:01 PM
Bad deal because Penny just turned 25 yet already has 35 career wins.

Mantei is old and broken and is a mediocre closer at best with a bleak future.

Oh yeah, Penny only makes $1.8 million a year while Mantei costs over $7 million a year.

green machine
07-31-2003, 03:21 AM
Without Mantei the Dbacks never win the division that year. Sure it would have been nice if he could stay healthy. But that trade did what it was supposed to do. Besides, Penny has been a model of inconsistency and the Dbacks have shown that their rotation will be in good shape in the near future.

adam