PDA

View Full Version : My hopes for this Board...

CatEye
11-05-2002, 01:54 PM
As a moderator of this board, I will not tolerate name calling, especially with regards to any of our Coaches or players, past or present. Constructive criticism is one thing, but name calling is another. The last thing I want to see from this board, is for it to degenerate into a cesspool of flames and disrespect.

This is a great opportunity for us to create a special place for all of the great Arizona fans to exchange ideas, and discuss the team we love. I hope you will all help me in my efforts to make this a friendly, and welcoming atmosphere, for all to enjoy.
CatEye

Auercat
11-05-2002, 02:05 PM
In addition to not calling players names, there should also be no name calling of other posters. Kidding around is great, but when one calls another a name or labels them, it crosses over the line! For that type of atmosphere visit Bruinzone!!!

Anyways, I'll try my best to do my part in helping keep this site clean Cateye. And I know that we'll all have a terrific time at this site that Jim (and now Ben) has put a tremedous amount of effort into!

Bearing Down on Good, Clean Fun

Auercat

CatEye
11-05-2002, 02:18 PM
I agree 100% with everything you added.

If anyone else has any opinions on how we should moderate this site, please let me know.
CatEye

Josh Gershon
11-05-2002, 02:23 PM
Sounds good, CatEye. There isn't a great place on the web to talk about Arizona Football, so the door is wide open. We will do a little promotion for the football board on Saturday. Of course, as the football team goes, so do the fans. A win against ASU and the recruiting class that is absolutely necessary will bring the popularity back.

Quencher
11-07-2002, 01:54 AM
Any comment about a player or coach should pass the 'mother' test. If you wouldn't say it to someone's mother, then don't say it.

I do beleive it's important to be able to criticize and I'll cite an infamous example from another board. I beleived that Lute Olson should have protected the integrety of the game and protested the officiating in the NC championship game against Duke. I still beleive he failed to protect the integrety of the game. But please note - I made no claim that Lute himself had issues with integrety or lacked integrety.

Jim Storey
11-07-2002, 05:14 PM
Hello guys...

I couldn't agree with what has been said in this thread any more. I respect opinions of those who post respectfully. Thanks again for helping GOAZCATS.com become a great place to talk about UA athletics.

JS

gumby
11-10-2002, 04:21 AM
<<As a moderator of this board, I will not tolerate name calling, especially with regards to any of our Coaches>>

Does that include John ``Garbage'' Mackovic?