PDA

View Full Version : Mark Redman

LegallyKenny
10-19-2003, 07:26 PM
I may be the only person watching, or caring about, this series, but does anyone else just have the feeling that Mark Redman is going to get lit up tonight? A finesse pitcher going against a lineup that only hits junk, and who's supposed best hitter (Giambi) cannot get around on a good fastball, as was shown last night when hard-throwing, but otherwise pretty bad Brad Penny locked them down...I'm eagerly waiting for Beckett's start, he's got the kind of stuff that could really shut down the Yankees if he comes out strong.

WilmasPimp
10-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Kenny,

I understand your theory, but look back at the Boston series. The Yanks went 0-3 when the Grady gave the ball to a finesse, junk ball pitcher. When Little handed it to a hard throwing starter w/ good stuff, the Yankees went 4-0.

LegallyKenny
10-19-2003, 08:48 PM
Hey, the knuckle when its dancing is a true thing of beauty. On something of a sidenote, the fact that Boone jacked that walkoff homer off Wakefield really shows how far off he is right now. The guy's swing is so screwed up that he can't hit anything, then jacks a knuckle!!.
I don't think Pedro is really a typical power pitcher right now. He's relying on his other pitches a lot more, and isn't throwing 96 by people these days, like Penny did last night, and Beckett hopefully will do.
So far I'm looking good in this game though, as much as I hate it.

WilmasPimp
10-19-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by LegallyKenny

So far I'm looking good in this game though, as much as I hate it.

What game?

LegallyKenny
10-19-2003, 10:00 PM
I meant that my prediction was looking pretty accurate in Game 2 of the WS.

WilmasPimp
10-19-2003, 10:19 PM
Are you talking about Mexican League winter ball or something?

I'm looking forward to Spring Training.

LegallyKenny
10-24-2003, 08:57 PM
Don't hide it WP, this has to be one of the all time great gambling World Series...I know you're watching.