PDA

View Full Version : don't hate the yanks because they're beautiful

beardownbaby
10-22-2003, 02:22 PM
so the yankees are about to win their 27th world series title. hey, it can't be all that bad for you yankee-haters. the bombers have lost the series 12 times. that's gotta count for something in the feeble minds of those who despise the yanks.

i'm a baseball purist, which means that i love rooting for the cubbies because they are lovable losers, unlike the whiny, dejected losers of red sox nation. the cubbies haven't been to the series since japan got nuked. you don't hear them consistently whining like the bosox faithful. just because boston has pathetically choked more than any team in sports history does not give their fans the right to cry a never-ending stream of tears. poor, poor pansies.

and quit whining that the world series is boring this year with a yanks-marlins matchup. why are you all so angry? sure, it would have been more interesting to see the cubs vs. sox. but it's not the fault of aaron boone or josh beckett that their team's didn't pull one of the biggest choke acts of all time. so you can keep whining that the 2003 series is boring. i'll keep smiling when jeter gets his fifth ring in eight years.

BallinestCat27
10-22-2003, 02:41 PM
george steinbrenner, jason giambi, and derek jeter are jackasses:D

beardownbaby
10-24-2003, 05:39 AM
you poor, poor pitiful man

DAHTcom
10-24-2003, 07:59 AM
george steinbrenner, jason giambi, and derek jeter are jackasses

ditto....

Schnebly
10-24-2003, 12:18 PM
They look like CRAP. So hold your bragging for an actually proud moment.

Schneb

LegallyKenny
10-24-2003, 08:50 PM
Who's choking this series now?

How can a "baseball purist" love a team that is quite possibly the most incoherently put together imaginable? Certainly one of the poorest defensive teams in either league, terrible relief picthing outside of Rivera, and a leadoff hitter who can't find 1st base? Truly baseball at its purest - to say nothing of the 160+ million dollar price tag (200+ next year?).