PDA

View Full Version : ted miller: best case/worst case ASU

ASUHATER!
08-05-2009, 07:22 PM
i'm more of a fan of the worst case scenario he proposes for asu's season:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/pac10
Worst case

While Arizona State didn't have much trouble rolling Idaho State and Louisiana-Monroe, it didn't look impressive doing so. There were lots of areas of concern, and those concerns were amplified in Athens, Ga.

Sullivan, making his first start on the road in front of 92,000 red-clad crazies, throws two interceptions and the Sun Devils rush for just 48 yards in a 31-10 loss to No. 10 Georgia. The Sun Devils trudge off the field amid chants of "SEC! SEC! SEC!"

"Why are these guys so high on the Security and Exchange Commission?" defensive tackle Lawrence Guy asks end Davis.

"I suppose Georgia fans are enthusiastic about an organization that protects investors, maintains fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitates capital formation," Davis replies.

"That's nice," Guy says.

Oregon State receiver James Rodgers accumulates a lot of capital the next weekend, piling up 225 yards of total offense and scoring two touchdowns in a 28-14 Beavers win.

The Sun Devils win at Washington State, but then lose in overtime to Washington, letting Jake Locker slip away for a 15-yard game-winning scramble.

The schedule's degree of difficulty begins to amp up and things get ugly, as the Sun Devils match the six-game losing streak that ruined the 2008 season.

The Territorial Cup vs. arch-rival Arizona is a painful affair. The No. 18 Wildcats not only earn a Sun Bowl berth with their 33-24 win, they also force the Sun Devils to finish the season with a seven-game losing streak, the longest of coach Dennis Erickson's career and the longest in program history.

scumdevils86
08-05-2009, 07:25 PM
hoo-ah! 3-9 for ASU sounds mighty fine!

ASUHATER!
08-05-2009, 07:30 PM
he has them going 8-4 in their best case with a vegas bowl

Zona_Soccer10
08-05-2009, 11:05 PM
I love the part where it mentions us being ranked. It would be sweet to slip into that role again.
But yes.. the doom for ASU is good too. :)

cactuscat62
08-06-2009, 06:25 AM
After further review...Ted omitted the unfortunate details that surrounded the ugly conviction of coach Erickson and his DUI arrest.:lol2:

beames
08-06-2009, 06:58 AM
After further review...Ted omitted the unfortunate details that surrounded the ugly conviction of coach Erickson and his DUI arrest.:lol2:

Hilarious.

scumdevils86
08-06-2009, 12:58 PM
What about our best/worst case scenario?

Zona_Soccer10
08-07-2009, 01:53 AM
I think he was just mentioning the PAC-10 teams on quick decline.

WildcatFan8
08-07-2009, 02:00 AM
He'll get to us. He's doing them in backwards order according to his predictions.

PerpEph
08-07-2009, 02:05 AM
He'll get to us. He's doing them in backwards order according to his predictions.

Yep. We are up next, which should be tomorrow. Always an entertaining read. I think Miller does a great job.