PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Bass

bcrisp
08-15-2009, 05:41 PM
4 carries for -6 yards in asu's scrimmage today. It sounds like he's going to be buried on the depth chart again.

Robinson seems to playing well for them though.

ASUHATER!
08-15-2009, 05:46 PM
their 6 main rb's had 30 carries for 51 yards and 2 tds.

sullivan was 11-20 for 137 yards and a td

phenom5
08-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Sounds like their OLine is picking up right where they left off last year.

ASUHATER!
08-15-2009, 06:13 PM
no stats on any sacks or anything but no run game at all. but then again asu does probably have a top 15 if not top 10 d line in the country.

they had like 340 passing yards from their 3 qb's but only like 45 rushing yards (when you take out negative rushes).

JimmyPeterson
08-15-2009, 06:37 PM
I saw Ryan Bass post on the Arizona Facebook group "GO CATS! National fan count":

at 10:56pm on August 5th, 2009
gotta love them *****cats!

WayneNewton
08-15-2009, 07:27 PM
I saw Ryan Bass post on the Arizona Facebook group "GO CATS! National fan count":

at 10:56pm on August 5th, 2009
gotta love them *****cats!

Surprised he knows how to use a computer. Guy's a dumbass.

Jason Scheer
08-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Bass should be fine if he can hang on to the ball

cactuscat62
08-15-2009, 07:44 PM
My friend who just happens to be a huge Sun Devil fan, says that on the ASU boards, the posters are talking about a comment that RB put in a "Facebook" type site.

Anyways, it's got the Sun Devil faithful feeling a little sensitive.

Apparently, he can't stand Arizona. The posters aren't sure if he means ASU, or the state in general. I guess his plan is to rack-up some serious numbers in the next two years, and come out after his junior year.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

JimmyPeterson
08-15-2009, 07:57 PM
My friend who just happens to be a huge Sun Devil fan, says that on the ASU boards, the posters are talking about a comment that RB put in a "Facebook" type site.

Anyways, it's got the Sun Devil faithful feeling a little sensitive.

Apparently, he can't stand Arizona. The posters aren't sure if he means ASU, or the state in general. I guess his plan is to rack-up some serious numbers in the next two years, and come out after his junior year.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah, I think he said something along the lines of "I can't wait until I get the hell out of Arizona" in two years... I guess he can't stand his own school either.

ASUHATER!
08-15-2009, 08:03 PM
delashaun dean's facebook says this:

"MA NAME IS DELASHAUN A.K.A. DELA. IM FROM RICHMOND CALI, AND THAS N THA BAY IF U DIDNT KNOW. I PLAY FOOTBALL FOR U OF A THAS THA ONLY REASON IM N THIS WEAK ASS TOWN NOT TO OFFEND ANY TUCSON NATIVES BUT THIS **** WEAK."

so bass saying anything doesn't mean much

WayneNewton
08-15-2009, 08:06 PM
delashaun dean's facebook says this:

"MA NAME IS DELASHAUN A.K.A. DELA. IM FROM RICHMOND CALI, AND THAS N THA BAY IF U DIDNT KNOW. I PLAY FOOTBALL FOR U OF A THAS THA ONLY REASON IM N THIS WEAK ASS TOWN NOT TO OFFEND ANY TUCSON NATIVES BUT THIS **** WEAK."

so bass saying anything doesn't mean much

He says this coming from Richmond, CA? Richmond? I guess he misses bullets flying by his head and nightly, and daily, stabbings.

CalStateTempe
08-16-2009, 02:37 PM
He says this coming from Richmond, CA? Richmond? I guess he misses bullets flying by his head and nightly, and daily, stabbings.

lol...So much peaceful there.

ZonaDefender1
08-16-2009, 07:43 PM
everyones town is better than the town they live in.. if it was stellar they shoulda went to UCLA and Cal respectfully

AZfootball18
08-21-2009, 12:59 AM
I think we have more Cali kids going to Arizona then we have local kids. Tucson must be doing something right. Being born and raised here I have to admit it is kinda lame just because of the lack of things to do.

CatsbyAZ
08-21-2009, 01:17 AM
Sounds like their OLine is picking up right where they left off last year.

It's one thing to blame the OL, or praise their good DL, but Bass not being able to pass Nance on the depth chart screams of an underachiever thus far. Nance SUCKS.

Ziggiles
08-21-2009, 10:48 AM

He went to Fairfield HS, i can tell you one thing actually being from Richmond myself, there is no way you are driving to the Napa valley everyday to go play at Fairfield HS.

If you lived in Richmond you would have gone to St. Mary's, Salesians (famous alum Jahvid Best), Richmond High, El Cerrito (famous alum Jamir Miller) or JFK. If you were a real stud then you would go to Bishop O'Dowd in Oakland (Josh Tatum who signed with USC played at St. Mary's before transferring to O'Dowd).

Yes, Tucson is terrible while you are there but you miss it once you are gone.

BigO
08-21-2009, 11:22 AM
He went to Fairfield HS, i can tell you one thing actually being from Richmond myself, there is no way you are driving to the Napa valley everyday to go play at Fairfield HS.

If you lived in Richmond you would have gone to St. Mary's, Salesians (famous alum Jahvid Best), Richmond High, El Cerrito (famous alum Jamir Miller) or JFK. If you were a real stud then you would go to Bishop O'Dowd in Oakland (Josh Tatum who signed with USC played at St. Mary's before transferring to O'Dowd).

Yes, Tucson is terrible while you are there but you miss it once you are gone.

Tatum actually went to McClymonds, which had a few really good D1 players when he was there. Kyle Reed who went to Cal and has since transferred, NaDerris Ward who went to UGA then Oregon, Derrick Hill who is one of the starting DT's at Cal this year and Tatum who went to USC, CCSF and now Mizzou.

I agree though, if you don't live in the Richmond flats, it's not that bad. Anything around the Iron Triangle is bad news. Fairfield is an exurb. Not too relevant.

bcrisp
09-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Sounds like trouble in paradise

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=43&f=1679&t=4816566&p=1

AZ Golfer
09-24-2009, 09:23 AM
I agree with the kid. Going to school in Tempe would be awful.

PHX is a concrete jungle in the middle of the desert. That and the people have the mindset of Los Angeles. Social climbing, plastic surgery, rims, pretentious, horrible people (realize I'm talking more of Scottsdale than PHX as a whole).

I could never live there.

Merkin
09-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Sounds like trouble in paradise

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=43&f=1679&t=4816566&p=1

What a dope, you can't redshirt once you play doofus. ASU is the school for you.

barringer97
09-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Kiss the Baby.
Child Please.

Reydituto
09-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Phoenix is very livable. Aholes are everywhere, so that's just a part of life no matter where you live.

As for ASU Football ... sounds like DE is not preparing fans a delicious Bass ...

PerpEph
09-24-2009, 12:41 PM
I live in Gilbert. I love it.

I was pissed that we lost Bass to ASU... but Grigsby and Antolin are both better.

MTFC
09-24-2009, 12:47 PM
How the once-mighty have fallen. Him and Matt Scott have gone from SoCal Co-Offensive POY's to backups on bad offenses.

scumdevils86
09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Lived in Phx (Mesa) for 19 years and someone would have to pay me to move back.

wooha
09-24-2009, 12:50 PM
I agree with the kid. Going to school in Tempe would be awful.

PHX is a concrete jungle in the middle of the desert. That and the people have the mindset of Los Angeles. Social climbing, plastic surgery, rims, pretentious, horrible people (realize I'm talking more of Scottsdale than PHX as a whole).

I could never live there.

Good. Don't move here.

dman25
09-24-2009, 02:45 PM
He must not be doing well in practice or something because based on game-performance he should be the #1 back. He had the highest YPC last year and does again this year. There is no reason I can see that a true freshman RB (Cameron Marshall) should be playing over him; Bass has outperformed him in both games this year. DE seems to be obsessed with Marshall but based on the games Bass is the much better back right now and the only Home Run threat out of the backfield (see his 2 carries for 45 yards including 40 yard TD run vs. ISU).

I would be pissed too unless there is something else going on which there must be. His teammates from Corona are obviously getting PT, it's a mystery why Bass isn't.

Reydituto
09-24-2009, 02:50 PM
He must not be doing well in practice or something because based on game-performance he should be the #1 back. He had the highest YPC last year and does again this year. There is no reason I can see that a true freshman RB (Cameron Marshall) should be playing over him; Bass has outperformed him in both games this year. DE seems to be obsessed with Marshall but based on the games Bass is the much better back right now and the only Home Run threat out of the backfield (see his 2 carries for 45 yards including 40 yard TD run vs. ISU).

I would be pissed too unless there is something else going on which there must be. His teammates from Corona are obviously getting PT, it's a mystery why Bass isn't.

Apparently the concerns are about his pass protection and his inability to learn the playbook fully. There's more to being an ASU RB than running the ball I suppose, but he's failed to embrace anything other than the glory of toting the rock.

Cats101
09-24-2009, 03:09 PM
What a dope, you can't redshirt once you play doofus. ASU is the school for you.

He fits right in. http://img6.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/4636/463645625f0aa667243f8149e940ae2b2b74f0e.gif (http://www.uploadhouse.com/viewfile.php?id=4636456&showlnk=0)

gman4gov
09-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Maybe he thought red and maroon were the same colors?

UofAlum05
09-25-2009, 12:50 AM
I lived in Scottsdale for a few years. Just a bunch of vile, horrible human beings. Also Phoenix is becoming considered one of the worst cities in the world to conduct business. I moved a year ago and I can't tell you how much better life is outside of Phx/Scottsdale.

AZCoachB
09-25-2009, 01:49 AM
Phoenix is LA Jr. What more do you expect? Ryan Bass went to ASU because of their "Schola Balla" program. What more do you expect?

bcrisp
10-28-2009, 01:37 PM
This is working out well

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articles/2009/10/27/20091027asufbnbbass1028.html

Flipper
10-28-2009, 01:41 PM
6.9 ypc? Seems odd that he's not getting more chances.

MTFC
10-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Most of the carries were in garbage time.

cactuscat62
10-28-2009, 01:48 PM
If I remember correctly, DE had issues with his blocking, and his tendency to put the ball on the ground.

The few times that I've seen him play he's looked pretty good. He definitely has the skills.

Jason Scheer
10-28-2009, 01:50 PM
He can't block for crap but he probably deserves a chance...

This is why kids should do research before they choose. bass should have gone to a spread offense...

Flipper
10-28-2009, 03:18 PM
He can't block for crap but he probably deserves a chance...

This is why kids should do research before they choose. bass should have gone to a spread offense...

Kid was a stud in HS, carrying maybe 30 times a game. Probably was not asked to block then. Still, you'd think that the coaching staff would have shown him a thing or two about blocking.

AZCoachB
10-28-2009, 03:24 PM
"I'm supposed to get a big opportunity this weekend," Bass said after practice. "We'll see if the coaches keep their word. We'll see what happens."

Barf.

dman25
10-28-2009, 04:19 PM
6.9 ypc? Seems odd that he's not getting more chances.

That's what just about every ASU fan is wondering. Last year he had the highest YPC on the team but hardly played (wasting his redshirt) because he "fumbled too much in practice". That's all well and good except that Dmitri Nance was fumbling like crazy with a broken hand and couldn't outrun my sister.

This year, highest YPC again. But he fumbles once (bad call, he was already down) on a play where he was absolutely blown up in the backfield due to ASU's terrible blocking and hardly sees the field.

I'd be pissed if I were him too, it's obvious the offense is desperate for playmakers and that he is the best one.

TheCat
10-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Let's make sure mom and dad get involved......jeez

Morgan
10-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Scheer ASU runs a spread offense. They just don't do it very well.

LikesMikey
10-28-2009, 06:56 PM
It's all part of de's plan, hold him down for 2 years until all of Dork's players are gone and then let him bust loose for a year and then go league. Yeah, that's it.

Lumbergh
10-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Scheer ASU runs a spread offense. They just don't do it very well.

Can't really say they "run" it then, right?

They attempt to and fail miserably.

Having a QB that cries after throwing a TD pass in a regular season game will set your offense back in itself.

dman25
11-03-2009, 12:42 PM
In case anyone was wondering, Bass got his opportunity in the first and second quarter against Cal. 5 rushes, 8 yards, and an inexcusible momentum destroying fumble at the goal line. I guess Erickson knows what he's talking about. Cameron Marshall (true freshman) is now clearly ahead of Bass after a 16 carry, 71 yard performance.

So where do Bass and Matt Scott end up next season? Fresno State?

BigO
11-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Cameron Marshall (true freshman)

Physical FREAK, haven't seen him run yet.

Adam Hawes
11-03-2009, 02:50 PM
In case anyone was wondering, Bass got his opportunity in the first and second quarter against Cal. 5 rushes, 8 yards, and an inexcusible momentum destroying fumble at the goal line. I guess Erickson knows what he's talking about. Cameron Marshall (true freshman) is now clearly ahead of Bass after a 16 carry, 71 yard performance.

So where do Bass and Matt Scott end up next season? Fresno State?

Fresno State actually has a really rood RB. I'm thinking Sac State for Bass.

dman25
11-03-2009, 03:02 PM

Indeed, look at those thighs! That is Robert Woods (#1 WR from 2009) on the right and Marshall makes him look tiny. His track speed seems to be faster than his football speed though, maybe it just needs to come with experience.

http://imageofsport.hosted.photocore.us/image/thumb/250-250/3666278.jpg

Merkin
11-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Indeed, look at those thighs! That is Robert Woods (#1 WR from 2009) on the right and Marshall makes him look tiny. His track speed seems to be faster than his football speed though, maybe it just needs to come with experience.

http://imageofsport.hosted.photocore.us/image/thumb/250-250/3666278.jpg

Those thighs make him look like Earl M**** F****** Campbell, the old Oiler's running back. (with apologies to EMFM)

I was living in Oklahoma at the time he was playing for the Oilers, and they showed all his games (along with the 'Boys). I used to think "how can anyone stop that guy?".

http://www.retrothrowbacks.com/images/400_EARL_CAMPBELL_OILERS_BLUE_JERSEY_PICTURE.jpg

DeezleWildcats
11-08-2009, 02:10 AM
bumpity bump bump bump!

Bass apparently wasn't dressed or on the sideline for the game against USC. Should be interesting to hear what the deal is this week.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=43&f=1679&t=5080774

DeezleWildcats
11-08-2009, 02:11 AM
bumpity bump bump bump!

Bass apparently wasn't dressed or on the sideline for the game against USC. Should be interesting to hear what the deal is this week.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=43&f=1679&t=5080774

catfan66
11-08-2009, 03:44 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articles/2009/11/08/20091108asususpension.html

Jason Scheer
11-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Fresno State me

CatsbyAZ
11-08-2009, 04:40 PM

"Physical Freak" and the picture in your Avatar should never go together.