PDA

View Full Version : Majerus: I'm not a big gay guy

NYCats
08-26-2009, 11:06 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vdNCN2-D0Yw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vdNCN2-D0Yw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

UofAlum05
08-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Pretty funny. Would have been even better if he was a big fan of Gay.

ghostwhitehorse
08-26-2009, 11:23 PM
I feel relieved by this news.

Merkin
08-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Lavin got it!

77HoyaCat4Ever
08-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Lavin was laughing the whole time. Pretty funny actually.

BeachCat97
08-27-2009, 01:29 AM
It's remarkable how much more competent Lavin is as a TV commentator than as a head coach.

I feel bad for Majerus. It almost looks like Lavin saw the "big Gay guy" remark coming, and once it arrived, he couldn't contain the laughter. Classic.

ZonaCats8
08-27-2009, 02:07 AM
Way to be professional Lav, but still hilarious.

gumby
08-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Jim Calhoun is a big Gay guy.

So why do they want to rip Hamilton?

77HoyaCat4Ever
08-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Jim Calhoun is a big Gay guy.

So why do they want to rip Hamilton?

Thabeet's the heck outta me

gumby
08-27-2009, 03:05 PM
I say we Khalid off.

77HoyaCat4Ever
08-27-2009, 03:08 PM
I say we Khalid off.

Yeah - as far as this thread goes, we ben tying it in a gordion knot

F Duke
01-05-2010, 05:11 PM
I love Deadspin. Wow.

http://deadspin.com/5439875/ahole-coach-digest-special-rick-majerus-edition?skyline=true&s=x

catgrad97
01-05-2010, 10:48 PM
"Majerus took the towel, pulled his pants down, and quickly took a dump into the towel, which he was holding under his ass. After he was done he used part of the towel to wipe, wrapped it up, and HANDED IT BACK TO THE MANAGER, and told him to throw it away. The kid looked like a deer in giant Rick Majerus headlights. The whole room was silent. Rick just pulled his pants up and went back to the scout, never once mentioning it or acting like anything out of the ordinary had occurred."

"The first time, [ Utah was] recruiting me, and after the game I went down to the [ Utes'] locker room," says Jeff Johnsen, who signed with Utah in 1996. "His hair's everywhere and his sweater's off and he's just drenched, and he's eating a whole pizza in front of me and he's like, 'You want any?' I grab a piece, and then he starts undressing and gets in the shower and is still talking to me. It was funny. It was weird. How many grown, fat, naked men do you see when you're a high school kid?"…

Another player remembers Majerus calling him up to his hotel room on various occasions, and "he'd answer the door in his towel and I'd come in and the towel would fall off and it was like nothing had happened. He'd just be standing there buck naked."

I don't know what 18-year-old guy would take a basketball schollie just knowing he'd have to put up with a naked Rick Majerus for four years. That's a ride you EARN right there. :eyes:

And the team managers for Majerus...obviously masochists, every one of them. Good Lord, what a pig.

But only if it stopped there:

As a 15 year old I attended Rick's Wisconsin Basketball Camp at Cardinal Stritch University in the summer of 97. It would easily be described as the worst 3 days of my young basketball life.

Rick then ran us through drills for the first day making sure to berate anyone he deemed "You suck, you're not good enough to play on my team." Keep in mind this was hurled at kids who couldn't have even been in high school yet.

While he was berating a little kid for not dribbling low enough, my little brother made a comment to me. I stupidly responded back telling him to hush up before the fat man got wind. Too Late. Soon Rick was in my face screaming about how I was corrupting a young man who just wanted to learn and "If I was a piss-poor player like you I would want to listen instead of talking!"

I simply nodded not wanting to anger the great beast and just as he was about to terrorize some other kid I foolishly rolled my eyes. Big Mistake. He soon had my by the neck yelling about refunding my money and god knows what else.

After assuring him that I was at the camp to learn he only yelled at me several more times for not being good enough to play on his team.

Day 3 was my breaking point. As he waxed poetically about Van Horn and his greatness he told us that Van Horn always sat "Right there under the basket." Luck, would have it that he pointed at me. He now started foaming at the mouth screaming, "You! You're nothing like Van Horn. In fact you re the complete opposite of him. You may have the worst attitude of any player I've ever seen in my life. You may have changed, but I don't care, just sit there."

Seeing this half man/ half bear yell at close range as a teenager was too much to bear. I didn't bother going back for the next 2 days, and my mom did what any suburban heli-mom would do; she called the college and complained of verbal abuse.

A big f*ck you to Rick Majerus for never having won anything and still feeling entitled to treating everyone like sh*t. Glad as hell Arizona's legacy is Lute and not this giant a**hole. St. Louis must have some special idiots in the AD to take a chance on him.

Two Bits
01-06-2010, 12:03 AM
"Majerus took the towel, pulled his pants down, and quickly took a dump into the towel, which he was holding under his ass. After he was done he used part of the towel to wipe, wrapped it up, and HANDED IT BACK TO THE MANAGER, and told him to throw it away. The kid looked like a deer in giant Rick Majerus headlights. The whole room was silent. Rick just pulled his pants up and went back to the scout, never once mentioning it or acting like anything out of the ordinary had occurred."

Knowing how big and fat Majerus is only makes that ugly scenario even more disgusting. You know it couldn't be just a little turd he just plopped into
that towel. EEEWWWWWWW. Nasty fcker. :hangref:

Reydituto
01-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Sooooo ... he is a big gay guy after all? :confused:

CBCat
01-06-2010, 01:38 AM
Those stories are fake? No? Help a very grossed out person here?