PDA

View Full Version : Ronald Johnson

Jason Scheer
08-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Broken clavicle

LegallyKenny
08-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Well I guess we'll really find out this year whether USC's second team is better than everyone else's starters.

CatsbyAZ
08-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Since Dwayne Jarret, Mike Williams, etc left, the only thing fear-striking about USC receivers has been that they look the size of NBA players when they line up against oppossing CB's. Once the play starts they appear lethargic and drop passes.

Flipper
08-29-2009, 07:27 PM
6-8 weeks. Yup, SC needs to tap into that depth. We'll see. They do have a stable of running backs, and tight ends, so they won't depend on the receivers too much.

LegallyKenny
08-30-2009, 03:13 AM
Since Dwayne Jarret, Mike Williams, etc left, the only thing fear-striking about USC receivers has been that they look the size of NBA players when they line up against oppossing CB's. Once the play starts they appear lethargic and drop passes.

Johnson averaged like 17 yards a catch last year. I'm not sure lethargic is the word I would use to describe him. Mediocre route-runner maybe.

ASUHATER!
09-01-2009, 04:37 PM
shareece wright, starting cb for usc is academically ineligible.

thats 5 starters usc will be without for at least the first 1-2 games of the season, if not more.

barringer97
09-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Good thing we play them in December...oh wait.

Flipper
09-01-2009, 06:19 PM
shareece wright, starting cb for usc is academically ineligible.

thats 5 starters usc will be without for at least the first 1-2 games of the season, if not more.

They're so deep, they plug in Josh Pinkard for that position. Then they have a couple of 5-star frosh/sophs waiting their turn in case more injuries happen. Secondary is the least of their worries.

I think their biggest exposure, if they were to suffer injuries would be in the linebacking corps. They've had to convert a safety, Shane Horton to be a linebacker, in case they lose a player or two. They need Luthur Brown, a senior LB to be eligible to give them more depth.

They'll be fine with the other positions. Hell, they have a junior as 3rd string QB, who started as a frosh at Arkansas. Their 4th-stringer, Garett Green can start for most programs, and will do just fine if he's called upon.

ASUHATER!
09-01-2009, 06:20 PM
They're so deep, they plug in Josh Pinkard for that position. Then they have a couple of 5-star frosh/sophs waiting their turn in case more injuries happen. Secondary is the least of their worries.

I think their biggest exposure, if they were to suffer injuries would be in the linebacking corps. They've had to convert a safety, Shane Horton to be a linebacker, in case they lose a player or two. They need Luthur Brown, a senior LB to be eligible to give them more depth.

They'll be fine with the other positions. Hell, they have a junior as 3rd string QB, who started as a frosh at Arkansas. Their 4th-stringer, Garett Green can start for most programs, and will do just fine if he's called upon.

which is why usc is a juggernaut and i still think they go like 12-1 again this year.

CatsbyAZ
09-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Going to Ohio State with a ton of injured starters, unquals, and a true freshman QB - Ohio State better win or they'll never live it down.