Oregon is +4 at Boise St.

Purdue -10.5 vs. Toledo

Michigan -13 vs. Western Michigan

San Jose St. +34 at USC

BYU +22 at Oklahoma

Notre Dame -14.5 vs. Nevada

TucsonClip
09-01-2009, 09:51 PM
I wouldnt touch the Michigan game, Western is good.

If Nevada can control the momentum and break down the ND defense I wouldnt be so sure about that one either.

azcat49
09-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Boy CatGrad, first weeks are tough. The only one on your list I like is Purdue. I think USC, Nevada, and Oklahoma cover.

I also would not touch the Michigan game with the recent insurection from some of the players. I have my doubts about Oregon as well considering there losses on both sides of the ball and BSU playing so well at home

Games I like are Okie St -5 over Georgia, Kentucky -14 over Miami, Ohio. Baylor +3 to cover Wake Forest, Bama -5 to cover against Va Tech, FSU to cover -5.5 against Miami, Fla and I would have to take LSU -17 against UDub.

cactuscat62
09-01-2009, 10:42 PM
I really like Oregon to cover that 4 pt. spread...in fact I think they'll win outright.

I remember when that line was at 6. I finally bit when it went down to 5.5.

Go Ducks!

MrBug708
09-01-2009, 10:42 PM
If USC pulls ahead fast and early, watch them to get Corp out and have him do his thing...probably not just handing the ball off either

Adam Hawes
09-01-2009, 11:00 PM
I took a 3 team parlay with Wake to cover, Oregon to cover and Utah to cover a 21 pt vs. Utah State. Didn't go big on it at all, you never know what to expect from a first game.

Flipper
09-01-2009, 11:01 PM
If USC pulls ahead fast and early, watch them to get Corp out and have him do his thing...probably not just handing the ball off either

Why play him at all? Sit him an extra week to make sure he's really healthy. Plus, Barkley needs as much rep as possible to get him ready for OSU.

Jason Scheer
09-02-2009, 01:33 AM
Carroll can't afford to play Corp

Morgan
09-02-2009, 01:49 AM
yeah Corp will get no run because they don't want a QB controversy. Barkley is the chosen one.

the real dill
09-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Oregon +4 @ Boise St.
Georgia @ OK St. -5.5 and over 61.5
BYU vs. OU -21.5 (Jerry World)
UL Monroe @ Texas -41
Va Tech @ Bama -6.5
Miami @ Fla St. -6.5

Ziggiles
09-02-2009, 10:49 AM
This is one of the better threads out there some of these picks were awesome last couple of years. The first week is especially difficult, but i really like that OU line, considering they are at home.

godpapa
09-02-2009, 10:56 AM
I have always made my money early in the college football season. Most lines are based on reputation or names rather than facts. Here is what I look for:

1. New Coach
+
2. New Coordinator
+
3. New quarterback

VS

1. Defense with at least 5 starting Seniors
+
2. Coaching continuity

With that in mind check out Minnesota/Syracuse. Minnesota covers easily. Syracuse won't score much if at all.

Flipper
09-02-2009, 11:13 AM
yeah Corp will get no run because they don't want a QB controversy. Barkley is the chosen one.

Just read in the papers that Corp is planning on staying, for now. Bad move. I think he should transfer now, and still get 3 years to play 2. Use this year like a redshirt year, since he's got a bum knee anyways.

the real dill
09-02-2009, 12:31 PM
I have always made my money early in the college football season. Most lines are based on reputation or names rather than facts. Here is what I look for:

1. New Coach
+
2. New Coordinator
+
3. New quarterback

VS

1. Defense with at least 5 starting Seniors
+
2. Coaching continuity

With that in mind check out Minnesota/Syracuse. Minnesota covers easily. Syracuse won't score much if at all.

QB and defense

As for USC, it would appear Carroll is willing to sacrafice a PAC title this year for a national title next year.

TucsonDon
09-02-2009, 01:01 PM
VaTech +6.5
UCLA/SDSU Under 52

ArzCatz3
09-02-2009, 02:52 PM
What do you think about the UM/FSU game Don?

TucsonDon
09-02-2009, 03:14 PM
I took FSU when it opened at -4 although I don't love it. The total at 48.5 really stands out considering the team speed on defense and the lack of offensive efficiency from both sides. Something stinks about that total, though...I think that number is being impacted because the last two seasons, this game has been a shootout. The six meetings prior to that however went under.

the real dill
09-02-2009, 03:36 PM
something to keep in mind, although this is the only place I have seen it:

Oklahoma State 9/2/2009
Robinson's status for Saturday's game against Georgia is in doubt due to an undisclosed injury, a source has told RotoWire.com

http://www.rotowire.com/cfootball/player.htm?id=3597

could just be a ploy to get people to sign up for their site

Report: Robinson May Miss OSU Opener

posted 4:00 pm Wed September 02, 2009 - Tulsa

from NewsChannel 8 - http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0909/655652.html

The hits apparently keep coming for Oklahoma State. An online report says Oklahoma State quarterback Zac Robinson may not be ready to play in the Cowboys' opener this weekend against Georgia.

Rotowire.com reports a source tells them an undisclosed injury, possibly the same hamstring injury that kept the senior quarterback out of practices last month.

There has been no word out of Stillwater about this, nor the report that starting middle linebacker Orie Lemon could be lost for the season after reportedly suffering a knee injury in Monday's practice.

One thing we do know is that starting tight end Jamal Mosley is gone. He left the team Tuesday for what head coach Mike Gundy called "personal reasons".

Several sports betting websites removed the Oklahoma State/Georgia game from their lines Wednesday afternoon. It's unclear if that has anything to do with the recent events.

Adam Hawes
09-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Oregon BSU spread is down to 3 on betus.com

the real dill
09-03-2009, 02:21 PM
SoonerScoop has confirmed (this morning) Gresham has a knee injury & it pretty clear (based on their info) that it's a meniscus injury...they have multiple sources stating the coaches are hoping that Gresham will be back for the TX-OU game, estimated / realistic time he will be out is 4-6 weeks...there are other threads stating Gresham's injury could be a week-to-week type of thing...but the MODS have stated that's unrealistic based on the severity of the injury

TucsonDon
09-03-2009, 02:30 PM
something to keep in mind, although this is the only place I have seen it:

Oklahoma State 9/2/2009
Robinson's status for Saturday's game against Georgia is in doubt due to an undisclosed injury, a source has told RotoWire.com

http://www.rotowire.com/cfootball/player.htm?id=3597

could just be a ploy to get people to sign up for their site

I work for that website...I don't think we do that.

pokinmik
09-04-2009, 08:26 AM
I took a 3 team parlay with Wake to cover, Oregon to cover and Utah to cover a 21 pt vs. Utah State. Didn't go big on it at all, you never know what to expect from a first game.

I took a solo bet with Utah to cover. That 96 yard TD hurt, then Utah got stuffed on the UT ST 1 on 4th down, both in the first quarter. I knew it was over after that.

Winger
09-04-2009, 09:27 AM
I like...

Oregon is +4 at Boise St.

I really like Oregon to cover that 4 pt. spread...in fact I think they'll win outright[/B]

Oregon to cover

Oregon +4 @ Boise St.

Oregon BSU spread is down to 3 on betus.com

First week games are very tough. CW of the board, and the betting public was pro-Oregon, despite all analysis being to the opposite.

And, we saw a totally outclassed football team with a head coach that obviously had no idea what he was doing last night.

Really hard to know what to expect the first week, and the BSU-Oregon game was a great example (one reason why I suggested folks stay away from this one).

It's sort related to the fact that the preseason polls are always so inaccurate (they always have 5 or so teams ranked way to high, and too low as well).

With that said I like Wash St -17 v. Stanford, SDSU -19.5 v. UCLA, and Maryland -21 v. Cal., and SJSU -33 v. USC. :)

hoops7243
09-04-2009, 06:36 PM
I keep hearing about Toledo +10.5

any thoughts.?