PDA

View Full Version : Glad he's not our QB

What I See
09-08-2009, 02:30 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Terrelle-Pryor-endorses-Michael-Vick-relativism;_ylt=Av2a6NHTAiF5Gl6QaiVLLPk5nYcB?urn=n caaf,187516

Terrelle Pryor endorses Michael Vick relativism

"Not everybody is a perfect person in the world. Everyone kills people, murder people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever."

CatPhanatic
09-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Well, that makes one of us.

What I See
09-08-2009, 03:08 PM
go get him tiger! :lol2:

CatPhanatic
09-08-2009, 03:14 PM
You are a damn fool wouldn't want Pryor as our QB. That or EXTREMELY ignorant.

He is an 18 year old KID. He is also the best player on OHIO STATE as a Sophomore.

What I See
09-08-2009, 03:31 PM
You are a damn fool wouldn't want Pryor as our QB. That or EXTREMELY ignorant.

He is an 18 year old KID. He is also the best player on OHIO STATE as a Sophomore.

If you want a kid with questionable character and intelligence then go for it!
Psst...Ohio is going to get waxed at home on Saturday. Go Buckeyes!

CatPhanatic
09-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Ignorant it is!

I don't doubt USC will win. Even though I challenge your character and intelligence comment, I would like to point out that he does one thing, and does it EXTREMELY well; play football.

Just because you don't agree with his opinion or choice of idol doesn't make him any less of an amazing football player.

What I See
09-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Even though I challenge your character and intelligence comment

Anyone who writes the name Mike Vick in eye black below their eyes, and says what he did is suspect. Sorry you don't see it that way

CatPhanatic
09-08-2009, 04:26 PM
So you are condemning the kid because he defends a man who has paid his debt to society, is dedicated to doing whatever it takes to redefining peoples perception of him, and was the greatest athlete in the NFL? Not because the kid actually did something deceitful or broke any laws/rules?

T-Bone
09-08-2009, 04:50 PM
"Not everybody is a perfect person in the world. Everyone kills people, murder people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever."

So you are condemning the kid because he defends a man who has paid his debt to society, is dedicated to doing whatever it takes to redefining peoples perception of him, and was the greatest athlete in the NFL? Not because the kid actually did something deceitful or broke any laws/rules?

Are you really standing up for that? What he said is beyond ignorant, it's a completely flawed world view.

Zona_Soccer10
09-08-2009, 05:07 PM
You really can't fault the kid for having an opinion. I mean granted it could have been worded better.. but you get the jist of it.
He's still a good player and most likely a good overall person.

T-Bone
09-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I would have gotten the gist of it if he said everyone makes mistakes, but that's not what he said. There's a difference between simply saying nobody's perfect and saying "everybody kills people." The former is obvious and logical. The latter, not so much.

CatPhanatic
09-08-2009, 05:13 PM
I wasn't trying to defend what he was saying, or what he said was good or bad. I'm actually indifferent. I was pointing out that not wanting one of the best QB's in the country on your team because of a silly comment was foolish.

azlax04
09-08-2009, 05:13 PM
What are you talking about?

I put 3, maybe 4 bodies on ice just getting to work this morning. I'll probably double that on my robbery spree heading home this evening.

I mean, who doesn't do this?

And you're going to judge me?

Sheesh.

Some people.

Zona_Soccer10
09-08-2009, 05:16 PM
I would have gotten the gist of it if he said everyone makes mistakes, but that's not what he said. There's a difference between simply saying nobody's perfect and saying "everybody kills people." The former is obvious and logical. The latter, not so much.

Touche. Got me there.

T-Bone
09-08-2009, 05:25 PM
I wasn't trying to defend what he was saying, or what he said was good or bad. I'm actually indifferent. I was pointing out that not wanting one of the best QB's in the country on your team because of a silly comment was foolish.

Unless the "silly comment" speaks to a major character flaw. I don't follow Pryor off the field, so I'm not necessarily saying he's got any character problems, but the type of comments he made would make me suspicious if I were recruiting him.

CatPhanatic
09-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Suspicious during recruiting is one thing. Being glad he isn't your sophomore QB is another. We of all people should know that.

That being said, i'm GLAD our sophomore QB didn't say that.

Zona_Soccer10
09-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Suspicious during recruiting is one thing. Being glad he isn't your sophomore QB is another. We of all people should know that.

To be honest.. I'm pretty happy with OUR sophomore QB. Especially with his mobility.

CatPhanatic
09-08-2009, 05:58 PM
To be honest.. I'm pretty happy with OUR sophomore QB. Especially with his mobility.

That may be. But if you had to choose between Matt Scott or Terrell Pryor, could you honestly say you think we have a better chance of winning with Scott?

Zona_Soccer10
09-08-2009, 06:05 PM
That may be. But if you had to choose between Matt Scott or Terrell Pryor, could you honestly say you think we have a better chance of winning with Scott?

It's hard to say. Neither have really played a full PAC-10 schedule. We're asking Scott to put us in position to win and make plays not be a circus. I'm really not going to throw Scott under the bus for a guy who never will play for us and especially until I've seen more than one game of him period.

T-Bone
09-08-2009, 06:29 PM

There's no difference to me. It matters little whether he reveals himself to have poor character in high school or in college. My opinion of him as a person has nothing to do with his on-field success.

I figured as much but that's good to know.

T-Bone
09-08-2009, 06:30 PM

I don't think that's the question. It should be, "Would you rather win with Pryor or lose with Scott?" If Pryor truly molds his values after those of Michael Vick, I'd rather lose with Scott.

CatPhanatic
09-08-2009, 07:22 PM
It's hard to say. Neither have really played a full PAC-10 schedule. We're asking Scott to put us in position to win and make plays not be a circus. I'm really not going to throw Scott under the bus for a guy who never will play for us and especially until I've seen more than one game of him period.

Ok obviously this is hypothetical! I'm just saying that Pryor is absolutely better than Matt Scott right now. It isn't even a question. To be fair, I will only compare high school and first start...

Terrelle Pryor

Awards:
# First player in Pennsylvania history to throw for 4k and run for 4k in a career
# Two-time Pennsylvania player of the year
# 2006 Rivals Junior Player of the Year
# 2007 Pennsylvania State Champion
# 2007 USA Today Offensive Player of the Year
# 2007 Hall Trophy (U.S. Army Player of the Year)
# 2007 PARADE National Player of the Year and All-American
# 2008 Pete Dawkins Trophy (U.S. Army All-American Bowl MVP)
# 2008 U.S. Army All-American MVP
# 2008 Rivals and Scout #1 overall player
* not being considered: 2008 Big Ten Freshman of the Year

First Start Stats: September 20, 2008 (FR.) @ the Shoe vs. Troy (2-1, 8-5 in '08)
#Passing: 10/16 139yds 8.7ave 4td 1int
#Russhing: 14car 66yds 4.7ave 0td 18lg
*set OSU freshman TD record (4)

Final: 28-10 OSU

Current Measurables:
# Ht:6'6"
# Wt:235 lbs
# 40:4.37 sec
# GPA:3.4

Matt Scott

Awards:
# Tacoma News Tribune Western 100
# First-team multi-purpose all-state by CalHiSports
# 2008 CIF Division I champion
# 2008 HM "Best Arm" Award; Offense-Defense All-Star Game

First Start Stats: September 5, 2009 (SO.) @ UA vs. Central Mich. (0-0, 8-5 in '08)
#Passing: 19/30 202yds 6.7ave 0td 1int
#Rushing: 9car 83yds 9.2ave 0td 16lg

Final: 19-6 UA

Current Measurables:
# Ht:6'3"
# Wt:205 lbs
# 40:4.5 secs
# GPA:2.8

Conclusion: If you would rather have Matt Scott be your starting QB over Terrelle Pryor, it is purely for personal reasons and not based on record, stats, awards, or abilities.

Note: This isn't a bash on Matt Scott. I'd rather have Matt Scott than not have Matt Scott. I'm just not even sure he's the best QB on the team yet. So to say you would rather have him than Terrelle Pryor is baffling.

CatPhanatic
09-08-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't think that's the question. It should be, "Would you rather win with Pryor or lose with Scott?" If Pryor truly molds his values after those of Michael Vick, I'd rather lose with Scott.

Ok yes it did take me 50 min to reply to that last post, but it was a lot of seaching for stats.

There wasn't a question to begin with. The statement was "Glad he's not our QB" in response to a comment he made when answer a question about his tribute to Mike Vick. I interpreted it that it to mean "Glad he isn't on our team because he is a bad person." Rather than "Glad the QB of OSU said that and not the QB of UA."

If my interpretation was correct, I think it would be foolish to not want this guy on your team, let alone starting QB, because he gave a questionable answer. If it was the latter interpretation, I agree, as previously stated.

BTW, the part left off of the end of that quote is:
"I just feel that people need to give him a chance."

Take out the middle part about everyone kills, steals from you, steals from me and its just: "Not everybody is the perfect person in the world... I just feel that people need to give him a chance." Which is also no different ethically than leaving the last part out originally.

Tressel's responce:
"It's a little bit tough in this country to have too much of a policy on personal expression, but it's unfortunate when that distracts from situations that were so extraordinary as the weekend we had," Tressel said Tuesday at his weekly news conference. "And I guess you'd have to know Terrelle like I know Terrelle. There's probably not a more compassionate human being in the world than Terrelle."

"He's one of those guys that he feels terrible about anything that's not just right," Tressel said. "And I know he doesn't feel good that [the tribute] disappointed someone. And his intention would never be to make anyone disappointed about something.

"We all sometimes miss the mark, but as I say, teachable, learnable moment."

What I See
09-08-2009, 07:56 PM
:lol2:

http://midwestpoet.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/dead-horse.jpg

CatPhanatic
09-08-2009, 08:31 PM
:lol:

http://cm1.theinsider.com/media/0/424/33/spl91868_002.0.0.0x0.400x301.jpeg

TheCat
09-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Maybe he was supporting Vick because he was speaking out to Philly HS freshman today saying not to follow the path he went down. Be a leader not a follower.
I am a dog lover and have owned a pit bull that was the best dog I ever had. What Mike Vick did was beyond terrible but he has paid for his mistakes a greater price then anyone convicted of the same crime.

Pryor's game is a lot like Mike Vick's and he was probably someone he idolized growing up. When your idols fail it doesn't mean you have to scrap what you enjoyed about their athletic ability. See Pete Rose....l

EastCoastCat
09-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Now if anyone needs a speaking class it's Mr. Pryor.

:)

uacats
09-09-2009, 12:44 AM
You need to be a leader and use some common sense at QB. I think he is more worried about Vick than SC.

I'll go out on a limb and guess Barkley has a better game than Prior

TheCat
09-09-2009, 05:53 AM
You need to be a leader and use some common sense at QB. I think he is more worried about Vick than SC.

I'll go out on a limb and guess Barkley has a better game than Prior

He's not playing against SC's defense so I agree with you.

Rahsaan Gethers
09-11-2009, 02:09 AM
What he said was dumb...but let's be real, he's better than any Arizona QB and his coach will tell the young player to think before he speaks next time.

T-Bone
09-11-2009, 02:26 AM
What he said was dumb...but let's be real, he's better than any Arizona QB and his coach will tell the young player to think before he speaks next time.

Based on Tressel's quotes, I think he handled it pretty well.