PDA

View Full Version : Gresham Done?

Zona_Soccer10
09-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Whether Gresham can play unknown

By Tim Griffin
ESPN.com

Oklahoma tight end Jermaine Gresham will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his injured right knee to determine the severity of cartilage damage.

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said at his weekly news conference that it's unknown whether Gresham will return this season.

"The scope will tell us whatever it is that's making his knee lock," Stoops said. "It could be a loose body or sometimes the cartilage just needs to be stitched together. But until then, we won't know."

Stoops said Gresham could return in a couple of weeks, but if he has to undergo surgery it would be a five-month recovery process.

The Sooners have moved center Brody Eldridge back to his old position at tight end and inserted Ben Habern back at center. That would seem to indicate the Sooners are preparing to continue on without Gresham for the rest of the season.

Gresham was Oklahoma's leading returning receiver with 66 receptions for 950 yards and 14 touchdowns in 2008. His departure has altered Oklahoma's offense, Stoops said.

"It changes it significantly," Stoops said. "He's such a target that it changes everything. Not having him changes your run-blocking, with him out in routes and especially in the red zone. But you just have to work through it."

Tim Griffin covers college football for ESPN.com.

catgrad97
09-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Has any Top Five team ever suffered a greater Week 1 loss than the Oklahoma Sooners?

Gresham and Bradford, potentially gone for the rest of the season...wow. Any chance for a bowl still?

Reminds me of the late '80s Switzer teams with Jamelle Holieway where he and his backup, along with the starting tailback, all went down for the season before conference play started.

sf25
09-08-2009, 08:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4455155

5 month rehab process will end his season already. Could have been collecting a 1st round NFL check right now...

azcat49
09-08-2009, 08:25 PM
That is too bad, feel for the young man. Gronk will be gone after this season I am sure and probably should take the money and run.

Zona_Soccer10
09-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Gronk is telling Steve Miller to tune up the band.

the real dill
09-10-2009, 11:40 AM
http://i25.tinypic.com/oh36o8.jpg