PDA

View Full Version : Big Games of the Weekend

AZ Golfer
09-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Obviously Arizona @ Iowa is a big one for the Wildcats. I like the Wildcats here. Defense will be too much.

Other games and predictions:

The first big game is actually tomorrow, Ga Tech @ Miami. Miami looked extremely fast in the FSU game. This should prove to be another Thursday night thriller for Tech (Why they are doing back-to-back Thursday night games, I'm not sure...desperate for national attn). I like Tech pulling out a last minute win just like last Thurs. It's going to be a high scoring shootout imo.

Nebraska @ Va Tech - This is the chance for Nebraska to come back to the scene after being gone for quite some time (maybe as far back as '98). Big game implications for both schools in this out of conference match-up. I like Va Tech in a squeaker (although I have a feeling I could be very wrong about this game).

Texas Tech @ Texas - Change in star personnel for TT has them getting crushed. Texas has not forgotten about last year and will take TT to the woodshed.

FSU @ BYU - Another good out of conference match-up. Can FSU bounce back from the Miami game and getting a scare from Jacksonville State? We will see. A win vs an out of conference top 10 team will give FSU back the confidence they need to turn the season around. This one will be too close to call imo.

TENN @ Florida - I only put this game on the radar b/c of the massive amts of animosity surrounding the coaches. Kiffin trying to turn Meyer in for recruiting violations. Meyer and company will make Kiffin pay with a loss of epic proportions. If the line is UF -80, I'd still take UF...going to be an ugly one in the Swamp.

Other games of note, CAL@ MINN - MINN never really seems to be a pushover. They are always 'hahnking around'. I think this one is different though. CAL stomps them and MINN never really gets into the game.

Flipper
09-16-2009, 11:00 AM
I like Miami in a close game
VT going away
BYU 2 touchdowns at least, too physical for FSU
I'll take Tennesse +80:);)

agree with the rest

azcat49
09-16-2009, 11:04 AM
A game I find very intriguing is UDub/USC. Talk about the emotional advantage. USC should have a let down after last week and UDub will be sky high. I definitely think UDub keeps this close for a awhile.

Winger
09-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Gambler's Notes on these games:

Obviously Arizona @ Iowa is a big one for the Wildcats. I like the Wildcats here. Defense will be too much.

Stoops is 19-7 ATS in his last 26 as a dog

The first big game is actually tomorrow, Ga Tech @ Miami.

GaTech has won and covered the last 4 against Miami.

Nebraska @ Va Tech

Beamer is 10-0 SU in his last ten at home against OOC opponents.

Texas Tech @ Texas -

UT was 9-3 ATS last season but is 0-2 to start 2009-10. 6 of the last 7 have gone "over".

FSU @ BYU -

FSU's third game in 12 days on the road where BYU is 12-6 ATS in it's last 18 at home. All the action this week has been toward BYU. FSU is 0-2 ATS this season, BYU 2-0.

TENN @ Florida

Line has moved from 25 to nearly 30 already.

CAL@ MINN - MINN

Tedford is 4-1 ATS against Big 10 foes. Last meeting Cal 42 Minn 17. Minnesota gave up 263 rushing yards to Air Force last weekend. Cal looking ahead to USC, Oregon, and UCLA up next?

I think Utah - Oregon is a pretty big game this weekend as well, at least for Oregon and the Pac 10.

Will the BXII rebound from the 1st two weeks?

smashmode
09-16-2009, 11:28 AM
A game I find very intriguing is UDub/USC. Talk about the emotional advantage. USC should have a let down after last week and UDub will be sky high. I definitely think UDub keeps this close for a awhile.

definitely would take UW and the points, especially at 22

the real dill
09-16-2009, 11:38 AM
definitely would take UW and the points, especially at 22

I've seen three different "experts" picking Washington to upset USC this weekend. What am I missing?

dman25
09-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Arizona wins handily, Iowa is not very good and also has a bunch of players out
Miami over GaTech
VaTech over Neb
FSU upsets the Mormons
Tennessee covers against Florida
Cal destroys Minn

smashmode
09-16-2009, 01:08 PM
I've seen three different "experts" picking Washington to upset USC this weekend. What am I missing?

Really? Pat Forde, and who else? (Maybe ted miller).

I think its the whole for the apprentice to become the man, he needs to beat the master. Maybe the dawgs outplaying LSU for portions of that game comes to mind as well.

Maybe a trap game for USC? I think we can hang with USC, We hung with LSU, and I think the level of speed between LSU/USC is similar I would think.

the real dill
09-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Really? Pat Forde, and who else? (Maybe ted miller).

I think its the whole for the apprentice to become the man, he needs to beat the master. Maybe the dawgs outplaying LSU for portions of that game comes to mind as well.

Maybe a trap game for USC? I think we can hang with USC, We hung with LSU, and I think the level of speed between LSU/USC is similar I would think.

Lance Zierlein (local media in Houston, dad coaches for Steelers) and guy named Wooly B from a site call fat side of the bacon (gambling site) were the other two I have heard. They were on local radio this morning talking about thier upset special of the week. He (Wooly B) seems to think taking money line on Washington is a nice risk/reward play

spartuna
09-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Who wins N.D. vs. M.S.U.? If Weiss loses this game--Rut Roh Rorge

Jason Scheer
09-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Pete Carroll is going to make Sarkisian pay for his recruiting actions

smashmode
09-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Lance Zierlein (local media in Houston, dad coaches for Steelers) and guy named Wooly B from a site call fat side of the bacon (gambling site) were the other two I have heard. They were on local radio this morning talking about thier upset special of the week. He (Wooly B) seems to think taking money line on Washington is a nice risk/reward play

Something called bleachersports gives 5 reasons why UW would win:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/254950-upset-alert-5-reasons-usc-will-lose-to-washington

I still don't think we are going to win but I think we will put up a good fight. For some reason, no matter how UW is, the last few times USC has come up here, its been pretty scrappy.

BlueMikey
09-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Who wins N.D. vs. M.S.U.? If Weiss loses this game--Rut Roh Rorge

Before the CMU game, I would have said Michigan State easily, but now I think it's a tossup.

The line opened at -11, which seems insane to me. No way ND covers a big line.

spartuna
09-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Before the CMU game, I would have said Michigan State easily, but now I think it's a tossup.

The line opened at -11, which seems insane to me. No way ND covers a big line.

I agree,-11 seems like a gift. State always plays them tough and after laying an egg against Central Mich. they'll be more than motivated for this one.

Olson Court
09-16-2009, 04:00 PM
I like BYU over FSU and Tech over the Horns. I would also maybe take the Dawgs +22 over the Trojans and I like Tenn over Florida WITH THE POINTS which is 30 now I think, to me thats money in the bank, I dont see them winning by 30, thats almost a sure bet I think.

ND covers.

the real dill
09-16-2009, 04:26 PM
I like BYU over FSU and Tech over the Horns. I would also maybe take the Dawgs +22 over the Trojans and I like Tenn over Florida WITH THE POINTS which is 30 now I think, to me thats money in the bank, I dont see them winning by 30, thats almost a sure bet I think.

ND covers.

the last time Tech won in Austin was 1996. As 17.5 point dogs, you can get a really nice pay out on that money line.

AZ Golfer
09-16-2009, 07:19 PM

ND covers.

Before you consider that 'money in the bank', go look at how many games UF has covered since losing to Ole Miss and the famous Tebow speech.

Winger
09-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Before you consider that 'money in the bank', go look at how many games UF has covered since losing to Ole Miss and the famous Tebow speech.

Florida is 4-1 ATS since Mississippi.

TheCat
09-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Is Barkley going to be the QB for the Trojan's or is his shoulder to sore?

Flipper
09-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Is Barkley going to be the QB for the Trojan's or is his shoulder to sore?

It looks like Corp for this week-end. Should know today, since it's Carroll's habit to decide on Thursdays.

I think SC will be foolish to play Barkley, and Mays for this game. Another week of rest for Mays will do wonders for that sprained MCL.

azcat49
09-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Cincy is going to take out OSU. UDub will cover as well as AZ.

I think Utah beats defenseless Oregon

BYU beats FSU god

AZ Golfer
09-17-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm not too sure about this BYU talk. They might pull out the win, but FSU looked freaking fast vs Miami. Should be an interesting match-up.

the real dill
09-17-2009, 01:39 PM
I'm not too sure about this BYU talk. They might pull out the win, but FSU looked freaking fast vs Miami. Should be an interesting match-up.

FSU followed up a nice performance against Miami with a 19-9 dud over Jacksonville State .

AZ Golfer
09-17-2009, 01:42 PM
FSU followed up a nice performance against Miami with a 19-9 dud over Jacksonville State .

True. But I think it will be close. Could be wrong. Whats the line right now? Can't see at work.

the real dill
09-17-2009, 01:56 PM
BYU -8.....opened at -6

What I See
09-17-2009, 03:09 PM
True. But I think it will be close. Could be wrong. Whats the line right now? Can't see at work.

This is the same BYU team we smoked last year. I think FSU has an above average chance of coming in and walking away the winner.

wooha
09-17-2009, 05:28 PM
This is the same BYU team we smoked last year. I think FSU has an above average chance of coming in and walking away the winner.

No, they lost their All-Universe WR Collie.

cactuscat62
09-17-2009, 05:49 PM
The Fresno St. vs Boise St. game should be interesting. Fresno St. is at home and they're getting 7 pts.

I want to jump on Fresno St. but I just can't pull the trigger...I guess I could always 'Tease' it with some other games.

TheCat
09-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Pete Carroll is going to make Sarkisian pay for his recruiting actions

Who is going to start at QB for the Trojan's? AAron Corp has got all the snaps this week (at least before today).

hoops7243
09-17-2009, 09:14 PM
I like
Syracuse +3
UW +20
Col State +3

considering Minny +14

AZ Golfer
09-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Well, I'm 0-1.

Teams may be figuring out Ga Tech's option offense.

LSU dominated them on defense. Clemson only allowed 16 offensive pts. Miami contained them as well. Last year Miami gave up 472 yards ON THE GROUND to Ga Tech...wow. This year, 95. Quite the adjustment.

g92
09-18-2009, 01:17 AM
Florida is 4-1 ATS since Mississippi.

actually, i'm pretty sure they're 11-0 or 10-1 ats since miss last year

Cats101
09-18-2009, 02:43 AM
Not surprising Miami won. Miami is really fast and GT's offense is going to get old fast with their HORRIBLE QB.

TucsonDon
09-18-2009, 02:59 AM
Seriously underrated part of Miami's team is the O-Line. Kid's got ALL DAY to throw back there and it's been that way for both games to this point in the season. It's a whole lot easier to complete 70% of your throwing attempts when you've got eight seconds to find people.

Winger
09-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Seriously underrated part of Miami's team is the O-Line. Kid's got ALL DAY to throw back there and it's been that way for both games to this point in the season. It's a whole lot easier to complete 70% of your throwing attempts when you've got eight seconds to find people.

I thought he threw the ball really nicely as well. Has a good arm and nice touch.

Story of that game was the Miami defensive line blowing up the GT o line and taking the triple out of the triple option.

Winger
09-18-2009, 09:53 AM
actually, i'm pretty sure they're 11-0 or 10-1 ats since miss last year

You're totally right I counted the wrong way off of their schedule.

Florida is 9-0 ATS (with 2 no lines) since Mississippi, apologies.

TheCat
09-18-2009, 10:14 AM
It looks like Corp for this week-end. Should know today, since it's Carroll's habit to decide on Thursdays.

I think SC will be foolish to play Barkley, and Mays for this game. Another week of rest for Mays will do wonders for that sprained MCL.

It is Corp. He was interviewed and said he has been ready since week1.

Winger
09-18-2009, 10:48 AM
It is Corp. He was interviewed and said he has been ready since week1.

Carroll said he wasn't sure on SportsCenter last night.

Flipper
09-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Carroll said he wasn't sure on SportsCenter last night.

Carroll's being coy, not giving anything away to Sarkisian. This way, Udub have to worry about who to gameplan for.

I think Corp gets the start. At this point, either QB won't negatively impact the game for the Trojans.

Olson Court
09-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Florida didnt cover, I won big on that game, also won big with the huskies. Lost a little on ND and BYU but will make it up when Texas doesnt cover Texas tech spread.

AZ Golfer
09-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Weekend wrap-up.

Other games and predictions:

The first big game is actually tomorrow, Ga Tech @ Miami. Miami looked extremely fast in the FSU game. This should prove to be another Thursday night thriller for Tech (Why they are doing back-to-back Thursday night games, I'm not sure...desperate for national attn). I like Tech pulling out a last minute win just like last Thurs. It's going to be a high scoring shootout imo. Really wrong. Miami is strong.

Nebraska @ Va Tech - This is the chance for Nebraska to come back to the scene after being gone for quite some time (maybe as far back as '98). Big game implications for both schools in this out of conference match-up. I like Va Tech in a squeaker (although I have a feeling I could be very wrong about this game). Best call of the weekend

Texas Tech @ Texas - Change in star personnel for TT has them getting crushed. Texas has not forgotten about last year and will take TT to the woodshed. Closer than expected.

FSU @ BYU - Another good out of conference match-up. Can FSU bounce back from the Miami game and getting a scare from Jacksonville State? We will see. A win vs an out of conference top 10 team will give FSU back the confidence they need to turn the season around. This one will be too close to call imo. Not exactly close.

TENN @ Florida - I only put this game on the radar b/c of the massive amts of animosity surrounding the coaches. Kiffin trying to turn Meyer in for recruiting violations. Meyer and company will make Kiffin pay with a loss of epic proportions. If the line is UF -80, I'd still take UF...going to be an ugly one in the Swamp. Much better game than anticipated. However, I went back on what I said regarding the line on Saturday morning and took Tenn -29.5 in this league I'm in. Yes UCLA, you did indeed get a quality win.

Other games of note, CAL@ MINN - MINN never really seems to be a pushover. They are always 'hahnking around'. I think this one is different though. CAL stomps them and MINN never really gets into the game. Yet another miscalculation. Minn did as Minn usually does and hung in there. Good game. I like CAL playing the winner of the SEC Championship in the Natty.

Olson Court
09-20-2009, 09:44 PM
I finished real well and my bookie isnt a happy camper this evening.:lol2: