PDA

View Full Version : Washington Huskies

CalStateTempe
09-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Great Game Smashie!

Sark is going to do some great things with your program.

I guess thats what is looks like for a previously doormat program to return to prominance! We can only wish over here.

ASUHATER!
09-19-2009, 06:48 PM
16-13 uw with 4 seconds left...holy crap.

looks like we'll be 2-3 coming home on the 17th

CatintheHeat
Congrats to UW and Smashie. What a great win after last season. I'm happy for you.

NorCalCat
Great Game Smashie!

Sark is going to do some great things with your program.

I guess thats what is looks like for a previdude.usly doormat program to return to prominance! We can only wish over here.

How great was the SC LB celebrating a big hit on the play UW was setting up a game winning field goal. Real smart dude.

Cats101
09-19-2009, 06:51 PM
So glad they beat USC. F*ck USC. :)

scumdevils86
09-19-2009, 06:52 PM
sucks they go from being winless last year to already better than us. guess this road trip won't be easy after all.

Cats101
09-19-2009, 06:57 PM
The PAC-10 is way better than I thought this year.

Add Washington to the mix and the PAC-10 hardly has a push over.

LegallyKenny
09-19-2009, 06:58 PM
What an epic fail of QB'ing.

bruinfanatic432
09-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Congrats Smashie! Locker was just great today and that last drive was a thing of beauty.

Zona_Soccer10
09-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Perhaps Petey should have stuck with Barkley. Congrats Smash.

ghostwhitehorse
09-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Hey Smashy. . .trade you Locker for Scott . . . :lol: ;) :p

Congrates on a great win!

Class of 1990
09-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Locker is a great college QB.

Ty left Sark a great piece to build upon.

I wish we had Locker or Stoops in the last 6 years went and found a Locker.

QB is so important huh.

smashmode
09-20-2009, 12:19 AM
Thanks everyone. Its been tough being a fan of the program the last 5-6 years, I'm just glad it paid off. Heck we wont win every game, but now I know that we have a decent shot, and will play hard regardless.

smashmode
09-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Just saw that Erik Folks older brother is Cowboy and former wildcat kicker Nick Folk. Wow, I hope that Erik can live up to big brother shoes!

Reydituto
09-20-2009, 02:15 AM
How great was the SC LB celebrating a big hit on the play UW was setting up a game winning field goal. Real smart dude.

I saw that and thought "What a douche, you're about to lose fu*ko" ..

Locker is a great college QB.

Ty left Sark a great piece to build upon.

Which makes you wonder how could Ty have been so bad of a coach?

smashmode
09-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Which makes you wonder how could Ty have been so bad of a coach?

He left the tools there, but Ty did not coach up these kids at all, The strength and conditioning especially, essentially those guys out there were the same kids that Ty had, that should tell you something.

Zona_Soccer10
09-20-2009, 12:40 PM
He left the tools there, but Ty did not coach up these kids at all, The strength and conditioning especially, essentially those guys out there were the same kids that Ty had, that should tell you something.

Sark is a great mind. I think what especially helped Washington last night is being with Carroll he had a good idea at what was coming and how to counter/play it.

DeezleWildcats
09-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Washington is back in the AP top 25, one year after going winless.

unbelievable.

Zona_Soccer10
09-20-2009, 06:41 PM
With all due respect toward smash... that news just makes me wanna puke.

smashmode
09-21-2009, 01:42 AM
Washington is back in the AP top 25, one year after going winless.

unbelievable.

yeah its kind of crazy right now, but i'll take it, after 5-7 years of crap football.

smashmode
09-21-2009, 01:44 AM
With all due respect toward smash... that news just makes me wanna puke.

what news?

UW being #24? why?

We hung with (and out gained a top 10 team in LSU), we beat the #3 team in the country, and we took care of the lower tier team like we were suppose too. Don't see the issue here.

ASUHATER!
09-21-2009, 01:47 AM
what news?

UW being #24? why?

We hung with (and out gained a top 10 team in LSU), we beat the #3 team in the country, and we took care of the lower tier team like we were suppose too. Don't see the issue here.

the issue is that uw is in the top 25 2 weeks after coming off a 15 game losing streak.

arizona hasn't been ranked in 9 years and is still struggling like hell under stoops. we want to have success like uw is having in a couple months that we've been waiting for for nearly 6 years.

PerpEph
09-21-2009, 04:49 AM
the issue is that uw is in the top 25 2 weeks after coming off a 15 game losing streak.

arizona hasn't been ranked in 9 years and is still struggling like hell under stoops. we want to have success like uw is having in a couple months that we've been waiting for for nearly 6 years.

Being an Arizona football fan has sucked for the past decade, except for last year's modest success.

I don't see our fortunes improving anytime soon, either. Team looked poorly coached at Iowa and recruiting has fallen off over the past few years. Methinks the Stoops era is dying a long, slow and painful death.

smashmode
09-21-2009, 07:50 AM

I guess I can understand that, with the media I am sure part of it is old school reputation. Honestly, if we schedule like anyone else, we should be 3-0 right now if we schedule like the majority of the BCS schools.

EastCoastCat
09-21-2009, 09:43 AM
I guess I can understand that, with the media I am sure part of it is old school reputation. Honestly, if we schedule like anyone else, we should be 3-0 right now if we schedule like the majority of the BCS schools.

Don't forget you've played all your games at home so far which has helped, albeit against a couple of top teams.

I am interested to see how well the Huskies play on the road.

haji81872
09-21-2009, 10:05 AM

Unless you want to schedule like a Pac-10 school. You played a conference game, a crap school, and LSU. Pretty much everyone in the Pac-10 has a good non-conference opponent worked in there. USC has OSU, UCLA Tennessee, Arizona-Iowa, Oregon-Boise and Utah, Oregon St.-Cincinnatti, so far. Later ASU-Georgia and a bunch of schools in conference Notre Dame.

To me that is part of being in the Pac-10, if you want any respect nationally you have to beat someone OOC. We can't be like the rest of the counrty in our scheduling.

smashmode
09-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Don't forget you've played all your games at home so far which has helped, albeit against a couple of top teams.

I am interested to see how well the Huskies play on the road.

I too am interested on how they play on the road. Stanford is the next game, so I guess we will see where the Dawgs are at.

smashmode
09-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Unless you want to schedule like a Pac-10 school. You played a conference game, a crap school, and LSU. Pretty much everyone in the Pac-10 has a good non-conference opponent worked in there. USC has OSU, UCLA Tennessee, Arizona-Iowa, Oregon-Boise and Utah, Oregon St.-Cincinnatti, so far. Later ASU-Georgia and a bunch of schools in conference Notre Dame.

To me that is part of being in the Pac-10, if you want any respect nationally you have to beat someone OOC. We can't be like the rest of the counrty in our scheduling.

UW schedules like USC, most pac-10 schools play a mid tier BCS school (or some schools a elite level BCS school) (Minnesota, Iowa etc), and two crap schools.

UW for awhile has played 1-2 BCS schools and maybe 1 crap school.

We still haven't played a I-AA school yet, which I will never understand

smashmode
09-21-2009, 10:34 AM
I will agree that until I see a road win the pac-10, I agree that UW is not a top 2-3 in the pac-10 team. But at this point a 6th place finish and a trip to the vegas bowl (Or whatever lower tier bowl is at 5th/6th place), will suit me just fine. for now.

CalStateTempe
09-21-2009, 11:02 AM
I will agree that until I see a road win the pac-10, I agree that UW is not a top 2-3 in the pac-10 team. But at this point a 6th place finish and a trip to the vegas bowl (Or whatever lower tier bowl is at 5th/6th place), will suit me just fine. for now.

lol...in year 1 never the less.

We're still on the 25 year rebuilding project over here.

smashmode
09-21-2009, 11:29 AM
lol...in year 1 never the less.

We're still on the 25 year rebuilding project over here.

Honestly, someone posted a 'how do you see the pac-10 this year.

I think I said 4-8 or 5-7.

This team is 100% different than last years team, not sure how high we can go, but who knows.

And we are a 9 point dog to stanford, so if we win on saturday, that will be a minor upset.

azlax04
09-21-2009, 01:58 PM
I just wanted to be on record in this thread as stating that I hope Udub kicks the crap out of Notre Dame.

I know I'm early, but I figured I'd get it off my chest well before I could be accused of anything jinx related.

smashmode
09-21-2009, 02:00 PM
I just wanted to be on record in this thread as stating that I hope Udub kicks the crap out of Notre Dame.

I know I'm early, but I figured I'd get it off my chest well before I could be accused of anything jinx related.

Unless you are a notre dame fan, I think you vote against ND. Hell I'd even root for the coogs against the irish.

Flipper
09-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Congrats Smashie.

Fast forward a couple of years, when Sarkisian gets going with his recruiting. Yikes.

As it is, I'm glad the Bruins don't travel to Seattle this year.