PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss - South Carolina

azlax04
09-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Let's kick field goals!

But not too many.

A riveting 6 - 3 barnburner going on here at the half.

Ole Miss not looking like the number 4 team in the nation right now.

CatintheHeat
09-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Let's kick field goals!

But not too many.

A riveting 6 - 3 barnburner going on here at the half.

Ole Miss not looking like the number 4 team in the nation right now.

South Carolina should be winning by more if it weren't for penalties and a lack of clock management.

Sidewinder
09-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Yawn. This game sucks.

What I See
09-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Yawn. This game sucks.

Show's how overrated Ole Miss is.

Merkin
09-24-2009, 10:25 PM
Young Miss South Carolina is dumb as nails, but hot.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3553/misssouthcarolina.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/i/misssouthcarolina.jpg/)

WaysouthCat
09-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Show's how overrated Ole Miss is.

Oh no, this is the SEC, so it's not that anyone is overrated, it's that the SEC as a whole is "so tough, we beat up on each other".

It's only USC that's overrated if they lose to an unranked conference opponent. :lol2:

77HoyaCat4Ever
09-24-2009, 11:37 PM
http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2009/03/large_OleMissFans.JPG

hoops7243
09-24-2009, 11:41 PM
I didn't get a chance to post it but have a parlay starting with so car +3. ole miss over rated. will post my picks later. had to have a teaser with usc.

Zona_Soccer10
09-24-2009, 11:46 PM
Young Miss South Carolina is dumb as nails, but hot.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3553/misssouthcarolina.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/i/misssouthcarolina.jpg/)

Now I'll take that over an "Ole Miss" anyday.

azgreg
09-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Reminds me of the Tomey era. Play good defense, wait for a field position change (turnover, punt return, etc.) take advantage (score), and then hold on for the win.

Cats101
09-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Never understood why Ole Miss was ranked so high.

Class of 1990
09-25-2009, 12:32 AM
The only way anyone watches this game is because Miss is ranked #4.

This is why we have preseason rankings.

Because the NFL is a national sport the only way to get people from other regions to tune in is this made up preseason BullSugar ranking system.

Sadly to get the TV audience we lose at the end of the year when certain teams can't break the glass ceiling.

Washington Lockers > South Carolina Ball Coach

Winger
09-25-2009, 09:52 AM
This was the type of game that makes it hard for a Boise State or a Utah or a Houston to get a whole bunch of national respect, and it shows why there's such a hard ceiling when it comes to what the non-BCS teams can do.

Of course Boise State can beat an Oregon in a one-game shot, and of course Utah can beat an Alabama, BYU can beat an Oklahoma, and Houston can beat a Texas Tech. The best of the non-BCSers can hang with anyone in America. However, it's vital that those teams not only win, but that they're perfect and they're blasting everyone in their path out of the water. And why? South Carolina 16, Ole Miss 10.

It's one thing to beat a big name, but it's another to beat a big name, and then have to play Georgia. And then have to play South Carolina. And then have to play Tennessee. And you get the point. Of course the teams in the BCS have their share of layups and cupcakes, but, as simplistic as this might sound, the more tough teams you play, the more chances for a loss. When the toughest game left on the schedule over the final nine weeks is at Hawaii, it's hard to not give the benefit of the doubt to the BCS league teams.

Ole Miss didn't show off its flash and talent level until the fourth quarter in a rough performance, but South Carolina did its part with a strong defensive game and just enough from QB Stephen Garcia in the first three quarters to get the lead. And that's the point. Ole Miss might be the better team, but it didn't show up with its "A" game and got tagged. In the WAC or the Mountain West, a team as good as Ole Miss can get away with a sluggish start, but that doesn't work out well in the SEC and that's why the big bowl bids go to the big conferences.

Pete Fiutak, Fox Sports

What makes it hard for non BCS teams imo is that teams as ****ty as Ole Miss from the SEC can get ranked as high as #4, then lose to an equally ****ty USC team, and drop no further than 5 spots or so in the polls.

Itamicbomb
09-25-2009, 11:15 AM
This was the type of game that makes it hard for a Boise State or a Utah or a Houston to get a whole bunch of national respect, and it shows why there's such a hard ceiling when it comes to what the non-BCS teams can do.

Of course Boise State can beat an Oregon in a one-game shot, and of course Utah can beat an Alabama, BYU can beat an Oklahoma, and Houston can beat a Texas Tech. The best of the non-BCSers can hang with anyone in America. However, it's vital that those teams not only win, but that they're perfect and they're blasting everyone in their path out of the water. And why? South Carolina 16, Ole Miss 10.

It's one thing to beat a big name, but it's another to beat a big name, and then have to play Georgia. And then have to play South Carolina. And then have to play Tennessee. And you get the point. Of course the teams in the BCS have their share of layups and cupcakes, but, as simplistic as this might sound, the more tough teams you play, the more chances for a loss. When the toughest game left on the schedule over the final nine weeks is at Hawaii, it's hard to not give the benefit of the doubt to the BCS league teams.

Ole Miss didn't show off its flash and talent level until the fourth quarter in a rough performance, but South Carolina did its part with a strong defensive game and just enough from QB Stephen Garcia in the first three quarters to get the lead. And that's the point. Ole Miss might be the better team, but it didn't show up with its "A" game and got tagged. In the WAC or the Mountain West, a team as good as Ole Miss can get away with a sluggish start, but that doesn't work out well in the SEC and that's why the big bowl bids go to the big conferences.

Pete Fiutak, Fox Sports

What makes it hard for non BCS teams imo is that teams as ****ty as Ole Miss from the SEC can get ranked as high as #4, then lose to an equally ****ty USC team, and drop no further than 5 spots or so in the polls.

But didn't you hear Craig James at the end of the game? USC is obviously a top 15 team.

Winger
09-25-2009, 11:24 AM
But didn't you hear Craig James at the end of the game? USC is obviously a top 15 team.

I must have been in the bathroom puking when he said that.

DeezleWildcats
09-25-2009, 02:13 PM

Pete Fiutak, Fox Sports

Thats a dumb argument because the only way to fix it for the regular season in his book is to have non BCS schools join the major conferences, which is incredibly difficult to do.

Put this argument next to college football analyst on Sportscenter this morning - he was arguing that we don't need a playoff because the regular season is the playoff. (He was running his mouth about how Auburn was the only undefeated team left out of the national title game since the BCS was started and in my mind Im going, uhhh Utah last year?? only undefeated team in the country) So, if a non BCS school gets through the year without a loss, shouldn't they get a chance for a natl title also? Until the system is changed, I think you have to give the non BCS teams the benefit of the doubt as long as they play some BCS opponents. Boise, BYU, and Utah have all scheduled stronger in the past couple of years (especially BYU, Ok and Fl St. wow), so clearly they are getting the message that they need to play some legit non con games to be respected.

For every Boise or Utah in a BCS game, you likely will have a Hawaii. Thats ok with me.

Also, I'm guessing that Boise (or whoever the best non BCS school in a particular year) would tear up pretty much every one of the BCS powerhouses in the Big East, save for Cincy maybe.

Zona_Soccer10
09-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Reminds me of the Tomey era. Play good defense, wait for a field position change (turnover, punt return, etc.) take advantage (score), and then hold on for the win.

Such an underrated phase/strategy in today's game.