PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday this Saturday: FSU @ BC

AZ Golfer
09-28-2009, 12:13 AM
:confused:

Just talking about this on another board I frequent.

Guess they really weren't counting on both CAL and USC to have one loss already. Why they are skipping OU/Miami is a little baffling. UGA/LSU should have had an outside chance, but I imagine they are heading to Baton Rouge next weekend when Florida comes to town.

CatsbyAZ
09-30-2009, 09:57 AM
B.C. epically sucks and got torched by a smarter-than-your-average-bear Clemson team.
FSU now stands for Fourth (best) State University after getting drilled by South Florida.

Gameday can't set up shop at LSU-Georgia, Cal-USC, Oklahoma-Miami??? C'mon!

Are they trying to promote that ESPN-Boston homepage??? I thought picking Iowa-Penn State last week was a poor selection over the VaTech-Miami matchup but this really takes the cake. Can't make sense of this. :hangref:

In Re UofA
09-30-2009, 10:10 AM
It doesn't matter

Chicat
09-30-2009, 10:29 AM
It doesn't matter

I disagree. It's great publicity for the match-up, the venue, and the schools involved.

Why did they choose BC/FSU? I think your theory about the ESPN-Boston homepage is a good possibility. They may have tabbed this game before the season even started in order to do some cross-promotion, especially with the baseball playoffs about to start and the Red Sox being involved.

Ziggiles
09-30-2009, 11:47 AM
I disagree. It's great publicity for the match-up, the venue, and the schools involved.

Why did they choose BC/FSU? I think your theory about the ESPN-Boston homepage is a good possibility. They may have tabbed this game before the season even started in order to do some cross-promotion, especially with the baseball playoffs about to start and the Red Sox being involved.
You clearly work in marketing because that makes perfect sense, since the logic otherwise is lacking.

azcat49
09-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Well we all know they won't go west of the mississippi unless the game is a national title type game.

Cal/USC has more luster and Georgis/LSU a much better game day atmosphere.

AZ Golfer
09-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Guess this guy gets 'use the search' function pass? Or you guys just use it on people who don't agree with everything you say?

Itamicbomb
09-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Guess this guy gets 'use the search' function pass? Or you guys just use it on people who don't agree with everything you say?

Your thread is not visible to all the wise people who have you on ignore.

Alternative answer to the OP's question is that it might be Bobby's last game if FSU loses.

baycat93
09-30-2009, 02:42 PM
i was told they were planning to be at the Cal v USC game but cancelled when Cal lost.

smashmode
10-01-2009, 11:14 AM
B.C. epically sucks and got torched by a smarter-than-your-average-bear Clemson team.
FSU now stands for Fourth (best) State University after getting drilled by South Florida.

Gameday can't set up shop at LSU-Georgia, Cal-USC, Oklahoma-Miami??? C'mon!

Are they trying to promote that ESPN-Boston homepage??? I thought picking Iowa-Penn State last week was a poor selection over the VaTech-Miami matchup but this really takes the cake. Can't make sense of this. :hangref:

Gameday=Idiots.

the real dill
10-06-2009, 10:38 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/37886/offsides_bobby_bowdens_empire_crumbles

WeezyFcat
10-07-2009, 05:11 PM
I thought they did it because of that player on BC who was battling cancer. They had a good story, and coincidentally he announced on Gameday that he was cancer free. How convenient.