PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico

Reservoir Dog
09-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Punching a University employee gets you a "verbal reprimand" at the University of New Mexico.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) -- New Mexico head coach Mike Locksley has been reprimanded for a fight involving an assistant coach, who told police Locksley struck him and split his lip.

Athletic director Paul Krebs said at a news conference Monday that Locksley was issued "a verbal reprimand" with a follow-up letter placed in his personnel file after the Sept. 20 altercation.

According to a police report, receivers coach J.B. Gerald said the fight occurred during a "heated" coaches meeting.

Locksley became angry, grabbed Gerald by the collar and punched him as other coaches tried to intervene.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/09/28/NewMexico.Locksley.ap/index.html

Merkin
09-28-2009, 11:20 PM
As a university employee myself, I have to say it is extremely difficult to fire someone, even with cause.

Reservoir Dog
09-28-2009, 11:23 PM
I used to be a University employee also. It is not hard to prove gross misconduct for punching someone. Especially with witnesses.

pc in NM
09-28-2009, 11:54 PM
I used to be a University employee also. It is not hard to prove gross misconduct for punching someone. Especially with witnesses.

I guess it depends if the boss "wants" to prove gross misconduct....