PDA

View Full Version : Oregon to bring back Blount?

uacats
10-02-2009, 01:44 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10158196/Coach:-Oregon-could-reinstate-RB-Blount

Interesting - was what he did worse than our three?

uacats
10-02-2009, 01:46 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10158196/Coach:-Oregon-could-reinstate-RB-Blount

Interesting - was what he did worse than our three?

Red Army should show him some Arizona love.

azcat49
10-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Haha, Zonadefenders in the redzone while they are warming up will light him up.

AZ Golfer
10-02-2009, 02:21 PM
This is interesting. Players do get in this kind of trouble all the time. However, the fact that he chose to do this at a game, to another player, on national television warrants harsher penalties. I think he should remain suspended. This is probably Oregon's thought process all along. Wait for it to blow over and sneak him back in.

TheCat
10-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I hope he gets reinstated. Michigan had a player punch another player from ND http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPYueAc5XAE and the coach didn't suspend him I think the conference did. Taking away a guys career is too much.

77HoyaCat4Ever
10-02-2009, 02:35 PM
There is a whole other thread on this started by Jason Scheer.
http://blogs.registerguard.com/cms/index.php/duck-football/comments/kelly-to-address-blounts-status-friday/

budd1e_lee
10-02-2009, 02:55 PM
As chip Kelley stated today, this suspension was more than just the one punch. It was all ofthe actions post-punch while leavin the field and his past indiscretions. They have put a plan in place for LG to earn his way back onto the field, academic and behavioral alike, which does not guarantee that he will be back. I think they have handeled it well, and if he gets back at the earliest possible it will be 8 games. That's alot.

spokanebruin
10-02-2009, 03:03 PM
I actually hope he gets a chance to play again. I think Oregon went a little overboard with there year-long banishment. I think an indefinite suspension would have been better. If he adheres to whatever rules Oregon gave him...then re-instate him.

PieceOfMeat
10-02-2009, 03:38 PM
ahahahahahhahahah as if this is a surprise.

what a joke.

11Banners
10-02-2009, 03:43 PM
ahahahahahhahahah as if this is a surprise.

what a joke.

What's a joke? I think Oregon's done a fine job in this whole ordeal.

PieceOfMeat
10-02-2009, 03:53 PM
What's a joke? I think Oregon's done a fine job in this whole ordeal.

the entire process is a joke.

All of it.

first the year long suspension (which was never gonna happen)

then the coach talking with dungy

then this oh he might come back b.s.

the entire thing, is a joke.

Either punish him or don't, but stick by the punishment.

(oh and that letter attributed to blount? I very very very much doubt he wrote that lol)

budd1e_lee
10-02-2009, 04:03 PM
the entire process is a joke.

All of it.

first the year long suspension (which was never gonna happen)

then the coach talking with dungy

then this oh he might come back b.s.

the entire thing, is a joke.

Either punish him or don't, but stick by the punishment.

(oh and that letter attributed to blount? I very very very much doubt he wrote that lol)

Maybe they should have termed it indefinite. You think he was wrong to bring in somebody like Dungy? (whom I think is being a very positive influence all around the game off football) I like the way Chip Kelly put it, saying it's not about punishment, it's about behavioral growth as a man. If the man can make the strides set before him, why is that a joke?

PieceOfMeat
10-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Maybe they should have termed it indefinite. You think he was wrong to bring in somebody like Dungy? (whom I think is being a very positive influence all around the game off football) I like the way Chip Kelly put it, saying it's not about punishment, it's about behavioral growth as a man. If the man can make the strides set before him, why is that a joke?

Blount had chances to make strides previously. It's not like this was the only event he'd been punished for. This guy is a turkey who has gotten into trouble before, and obviously has issues, and will most likely get into more trouble down the road. What growth is this guy going to sustain, in learning that you can f'ck up continually and keep getting what you want, so long as you can play ball? Please.

Dungy...hrm...how to put this...I think he was involved for one reason...and it's the worst reason.

budd1e_lee
10-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Blount had chances to make strides previously. It's not like this was the only event he'd been punished for. This guy is a turkey who has gotten into trouble before, and obviously has issues, and will most likely get into more trouble down the road. What growth is this guy going to sustain, in learning that you can f'ck up continually and keep getting what you want, so long as you can play ball? Please.

Dungy...hrm...how to put this...I think he was involved for one reason...and it's the worst reason.

You seem to be reading this as being about the Oregon football team. I really don't think it is. I wouldn't be surprised to see him not be reinstated in the end, as I don't think the kid has the desire to make the steps necessary. But to say that laying down guidelines for reinstatement is a joke is going a bit far.

PieceOfMeat
10-02-2009, 04:19 PM
But to say that laying down guidelines for reinstatement is a joke is going a bit far.

I said the entire process \is a joke.

:::::

Oh, and I realize I'll probably be in the minority on this. So I'll shaddup now I guess.

budd1e_lee
10-02-2009, 04:35 PM
I said the entire process \is a joke.

:::::

Oh, and I realize I'll probably be in the minority on this. So I'll shaddup now I guess.

I see what you did there. Yes, I agree that it should have been "indefinite" rather than "permanent". Nobody really believed that it would stick to that, especially after he was still being allowed to participate in practice. I do think that this is the right step to be taking, however.

Zona_Soccer10
10-02-2009, 05:07 PM
I think if they already made a call it should have to be seen through. Can't say I saw it coming though.
The two perspectives I'm interested in hearing are from Boise State and Oregon's CURRENT starter.
Though I think he still keeps his starting role.

budd1e_lee
10-02-2009, 05:40 PM
I think if they already made a call it should have to be seen through. Can't say I saw it coming though.
The two perspectives I'm interested in hearing are from Boise State and Oregon's CURRENT starter.
Though I think he still keeps his starting role.

There are two guys that are splitting carries that are playing well enough that this would not affect them. Which is why I don't believe that this is about bettering the Oregon football team, but bettering the man.