PDA

View Full Version : Attn college recruits: Don't trust Calipari

ZonaCats8
10-08-2009, 04:20 AM
As part of John Calipari's fabulous freshmen class, DeMarcus Cousins expected to play more along the perimeter in 2010. That expectation was fueled by fellow big Daniel Orton's decision to make good on his commitment to former Kentucky coach Billy Gillispie.

However, Cousins is not happy with the way Calipari has been using his talents during the preseason. Calipari has stationed the freshman big man on the block, leading Cousins to complain, "You know my skills are out on the floor."

If Cousins continues to display multiple skills, as he did during one recent scrimmage (20 points and 20 rebounds), he may be forced to abandon his hope of roaming the perimeter.

How much do you want to bet Calipari told this kid exactly what he wanted to hear about playing on the outside, but really knew he had no intent of doing that?

TucsonClip
10-08-2009, 05:09 AM
I dont expect Cousins to be stuck on the block anyway. If a guy is pulling down 20 boards, you want to make sure he keeps rebounding like that and not drifting.

Cousins clearly is auditioning for the NBA, while Calipari is trying to win a title. I think they will meet in the middle at the end of the day when Cousins is ripping double digit boards, Kentucky is winning, and NBA scouts are drooling over Cousins.