Switzer or Pitino? I say push.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4561956

MrBug708
10-15-2009, 01:42 PM
*insert token Beachcat comment*

TheCat
10-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Here to help Bug,

To quote a great man, ""Everybody makes mistakes," Howland said. "You grow through your mistakes. You learn from your mistakes. That's what we'll try to help ----- with."

This was after an arrest of one of his players for marijana.

These coaches are here to help players grow up. I think Howland and Pitino are trying to do that. As I've said in the past, I think kids from different background react to things differently and take different amts of time to "get it".

LikesMikey
10-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Underage drinking, resisting arrest, tasered twice and only charged with resisting police ?
Wonder how much that cost UL to cover up ? Pitino saying the second guy responded to his teammate taking a beating. What's next a lawsuit against the cops for the beating ?
Would not want to be Mr Pitino in any of the away games they are going to have, the fans will be relentless about both incidents now and he's probably going to lose it somewhere down the line.

haji81872
10-15-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm not saying that they should be booted off the team, but what is their punishment? Running some stairs? Extra suicides? I think at least a suspension from an exhibition game would have let them know they were letting their teammates down if they engage in this behavior.

TheCat
10-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Underage drinking, resisting arrest, tasered twice and only charged with resisting police ?
Wonder how much that cost UL to cover up ? Pitino saying the second guy responded to his teammate taking a beating. What's next a lawsuit against the cops for the beating ?
Would not want to be Mr Pitino in any of the away games they are going to have, the fans will be relentless about both incidents now and he's probably going to lose it somewhere down the line.

Wait....Jordon Hill was tasered. This doesn't mean there is some big cover up. Hill did almost exactly what these kids did. Hill was not a problem he made an error in judgement.

These are kids, full of themselves, feeling they matter, feeling the rules don't apply to them etc.. Life has a way with bringing reality around w/o always enforcing things with a heavy hand.

I cited a Ben Howland example because he is known as a disciplinarian. I think his player got 3 days w/o practice. I think what he did was right. It is the parents role to dispense discipline....coaches role is to teach and only when it is absolutely required remove from practice/games.