PDA

View Full Version : Does Iowa have a shot at the National Chipper?

CalStateTempe
10-17-2009, 04:09 PM
I think yes,

Lets hope the computers think so too.

Adam Hawes
10-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Provided they stay unbeaten I don't see how they could not be in the game. All I know is that I'm going to be pissedd if I see Boise State there.

WildcatBlitz
10-17-2009, 04:24 PM
well yes, they have a better chance then TCU or Cinci. If they win out they should be in the championship. I don't understand why they wouldn't. BCS conference win. Win against penn st and ohio st both away. Arizona not being a push over win. Seems reasonable to me.

I hope they do! imagine next year when Arizona hosts a team that played in the national championship in like the 3rd game!

LegallyKenny
10-17-2009, 04:29 PM
I really don't want to see Florida skull**** Iowa and walk to another bull**** title.

ASUHATER!
10-17-2009, 04:29 PM
if 2 out of florida, alabama and texas are undefeated, an undefeated iowa would probably be left out.

if only like florida, iowa and boise state were undefeated, iowa would probably get in over a 1 loss alabama or 1 loss virginia tech or whoever.

PointGuardU03
10-17-2009, 04:32 PM
I really don't want to see Florida skull**** Iowa and walk to another bull**** title.

Florida is gonna do that to any team they play except for Alabama. We really should just have the SEC Title game be for the National Championship this year and be done with it.

CalStateTempe
10-17-2009, 04:34 PM
if 2 out of florida, alabama and texas are undefeated, an undefeated iowa would probably be left out.

if only like florida, iowa and boise state were undefeated, iowa would probably get in over a 1 loss alabama or 1 loss virginia tech or whoever.

We do have the makings for another "playoff" clamor at this point in the season regarding these teams.

LegallyKenny
10-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Florida is gonna do that to any team they play except for Alabama. We really should just have the SEC Title game be for the National Championship this year and be done with it.

Iowa would get rolled by VT, USC, Texas or Boise though.

PointGuardU03
10-17-2009, 04:39 PM
Iowa would get rolled by VT, USC, Texas or Boise though.

I think they'd beat Boise, who I remain unimpressed by. I agree with you on the other 3 though.

alieberman
10-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Provided they stay unbeaten I don't see how they could not be in the game. All I know is that I'm going to be pissedd if I see Boise State there.

I am rooting hard for Boise st to get in. It might actually help bring about a playoff system

azcat49
10-17-2009, 05:14 PM
It might say AZ will win out going into SC.

As for the original premise, Iowa is behind Tx, BSU, Flo, Bama and Cincy.

All those teams (excepting the SEC. Ellimination game) have a great chance to go undefeated and be ranked higher then the Hawks.

How about a rematch in the Rosebowl with Foles.

Adam Hawes
10-17-2009, 05:20 PM
I am rooting hard for Boise st to get in. It might actually help bring about a playoff system

I just find it inexcusable for a non-BCS team with the same record as a BCS team to get in the bowl. It's easy for these teams to win 1 or 2 big games a year, not so much to do so week in and week out as you've got to do in most BCS conferences.

I'm all for a playoff system but I just don't believe and event like that would bring it on. Reward the kids who choose to compete weekly.

DeezleWildcats
10-17-2009, 05:42 PM
I just find it inexcusable for a non-BCS team with the same record as a BCS team to get in the bowl. It's easy for these teams to win 1 or 2 big games a year, not so much to do so week in and week out as you've got to do in most BCS conferences.

Signed,
Utah
Boise St.

(but not Hawaii)

The thing is, you really don't know whats going to happen in these BCS games. I don't really have an opinion about choosing where you go to school, but I like seeing the non-BCS schools shake things up. I really dont think that kind of attitude is going to be able to hold up in coming years. Boise should be able to keep getting better and better quality recruits, and unless they join the Pac-10 (hey, theres an idea), what are you going to do with them? Thats why Boise has to schedule big time games in non-conference. The Pac-10 isnt going to be expanding anytime soon, so Boise (and whoever else TCU, BYU, whatever) either crashes the party or the system needs to be changed.

Adam Hawes
10-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Again, I'm all for changing the system. Make the BSU's and Utah's prove they can consistently beat some good teams before declaring them all-world.

Yea, Utah last year and BSU in 05 or whatever that was were awesome games, but if you think they would've been able to make a run in a playoff system you're wrong.

I just hate seeing a team like Utah pick on UNLV's and NMSU's and teams like Boise pick on Idaho and San Jose State for the complete in-conference portion of their schedules and then whine about how they've got as good a record as a team in the SEC or Big 12 or whatever and use that as justification for why they deserve to be in a BCS game.

DeezleWildcats
10-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Again, I'm all for changing the system. Make the BSU's and Utah's prove they can consistently beat some good teams before declaring them all-world.

Yea, Utah last year and BSU in 05 or whatever that was were awesome games, but if you think they would've been able to make a run in a playoff system you're wrong.

I just hate seeing a team like Utah pick on UNLV's and NMSU's and teams like Boise pick on Idaho and San Jose State for the complete in-conference portion of their schedules and then whine about how they've got as good a record as a team in the SEC or Big 12 or whatever and use that as justification for why they deserve to be in a BCS game.

At least you are consistent about it -- like I said, the Pac-10 isn't expanding, so BYU, Utah, and Boise will continue to be in the conversation, so if they schedule well and go undefeated they will be there. I don't know if Utah would be able to make a run in a playoff system, but I also didn't think they would destroy Alabama in the south last season. Thats what makes it exciting. The problem is that even with a playoff, someone is gonna get left out and someone will be whining.