PDA

View Full Version : Katz: Huskies West Coast Guard U

TucsonClip
10-18-2009, 05:26 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4565611&name=katz_andy

Washington's backcourt: The Huskies should now be known as the West Coast's Guard U. Brandon Roy became a star at UW. So, too, did Nate Robinson. Last season, Washington was one of the more exciting backcourts with Justin Dentmon, Isaiah Thomas and Venoy Overton. No offense to Dentmon, but the Washington backcourt added even more talent this season with the addition of Abdul Gaddy in Dentmon's place. The freshman was supposed to go to Arizona before turmoil set in at Tucson. Gaddy, who is from the Seattle area, should flourish at home.

CalStateTempe
10-18-2009, 05:32 AM
Screw you Katz.

go drink Natty light with KON.

Winger
10-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Katz should now be known as "Coast to Coast Arizona Hating Douche at ESPN U".

UW has produced one good NBA guard (Roy) and I guess maybe the jury is still out on Robinson, little early to be popping champagne bottles on the greatness of the Huskies' in the backcourt.

Arizona's record at the guard position speaks for itself, problem is, Katz is still deafened by the anti-Arizona ranting of KON.

WayneNewton
10-18-2009, 12:29 PM
What?! Washington? Nate Robinson? Roy I get, but Nate Robinson? Katz is a crazy person. If he said Ucla then mayyyyybe it seems like he isn't drunk while writing this trash, but Washington? Dentmon? Overton:lol2::lol2:?

cpt
10-18-2009, 12:42 PM
How pathetic. I would say they might challenge Stanford for big, slow white guy U.

Lubey
10-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Roy, Robinson, bunch of kids who aren't out of college yet
vs
Stoudamire(s), Bibby, Arenas, Bayless, Gardner, Wise......mmmhmmmm that's close

:sigh:

TucsonClip
10-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Not to mention we just put out 2 more NBA guards, 1 a lotto pick, in the last 2 years (Bayless and Budinger).

BlueMikey
10-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Washington can be called West Coast Guard U.

Arizona will be National Guard U.

budd1e_lee
10-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Gee Tee Eff Ohh

JMarkJohns
10-18-2009, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't even rank Washington ahead of UCLA and USC.

Farmar, Afflalo, Westbrook, Collison and Holiday and Mayo, Young and Derozan (maybe more of a SF, but will play some SG in Toronto)... Roy may be the best current player from those three teams, but Washington hasn't matched the quantity of UCLA, nor the quality from USC yet.

TucsonDon
10-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Nate Robinson has turned into a very good NBA player but yeah, Katz got a little too excited there.

MrBug708
10-18-2009, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't even rank Washington ahead of UCLA and USC.

Farmar, Afflalo, Westbrook, Collison and Holiday and Mayo, Young and Derozan (maybe more of a SF, but will play some SG in Toronto)... Roy may be the best current player from those three teams, but Washington hasn't matched the quantity of UCLA, nor the quality from USC yet.

Um?

JMarkJohns
10-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Um?

Huh?

MrBug708
10-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Huh?

Just curious as to why you would even entertain the idea of ranking Washington ahead of UCLA? Or that USC has more "quality" then UCLA?

TucsonDon
10-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Just curious as to why you would even entertain the idea of ranking Washington ahead of UCLA? Or that USC has more "quality" then UCLA?

Did you notice the subject of the thread?

Zero
10-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Haha

WayneNewton
10-18-2009, 04:33 PM

Wow. Really, bug?

JMarkJohns
10-18-2009, 04:35 PM

What the hell are you talking about? I said I WOULD NOT even rank Washington ahead of UCLA or USC as far as guards/wings. UCLA has sent a half-a-dozen players to the League, the best of which is Westbrook, while USC has three potential all-stars at combo/shooting guard.

As for why I said quantity over quality for UCLA, because they've sent more players, but only two (Westbrook, Holiday) of which have the same level of potential as the three from USC.

It was pretty self explanatory. Not sure where your confusion stems from.

WayneNewton
10-18-2009, 04:37 PM

Bug has rage issues ala Nick Holt when it comes to Ucla.

Itamicbomb
10-18-2009, 04:38 PM
ITT: Bug proves that he will respond indignantly to any post with the word "UCLA" in it.

MrBug708
10-18-2009, 04:39 PM
Did you notice the subject of the thread?

I thought we already established the notion that the article was a joke

TucsonDon
10-18-2009, 04:40 PM
I'd just quit...but I'm a quitter, so...

JMarkJohns
10-18-2009, 04:40 PM

I was furthering it, ya know, being complimentary of the success both SoCal schools have had within the topic.

Zero
10-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Hilarious!!!!!

MrBug708
10-18-2009, 04:48 PM
What the hell are you talking about? I said I WOULD NOT even rank Washington ahead of UCLA or USC as far as guards/wings. UCLA has sent a half-a-dozen players to the League, the best of which is Westbrook, while USC has three potential all-stars at combo/shooting guard.

If I would have said, I would not even rank Arizona ahead of Washington, what would you think? Backhanded slap?

As for why I said quantity over quality for UCLA, because they've sent more players, but only two (Westbrook, Holiday) of which have the same level of potential as the three from USC.

No love for Baron Davis?

CalStateTempe
10-18-2009, 04:52 PM
where is Rey's popcorn smiley? ;)

JMarkJohns
10-18-2009, 04:55 PM
If I would have said, I would not even rank Arizona ahead of Washington, what would you think? Backhanded slap?

Quit being such a paranoid *****... To answer, I'd let the context of the remaining post determine if it was worth getting my panties in bunch over, and clearly, since my post was praising of the two programs, the context here spoke to the opposite.

budd1e_lee
10-18-2009, 04:56 PM

To compare this statement to his, it would have to be "I would not even rank UW ahead of Arizona." See what he did there?

JMarkJohns
10-18-2009, 04:59 PM
No love for Baron Davis?

How about players drafted within the millennium, since the article is about the present. I wouldn't include anybody from Arizona who didn't play in this decade for UA either... that said, even with the limited time frame, I'd still take Arizona over Washington with Arenas, Gardner, Stoudamire, Wise, Bayless, Budinger (will play SG in NBA). Even Shakur was as good as most of the players Katz named at Washington.

MrBug708
10-18-2009, 04:59 PM
where is Rey's popcorn smiley? ;)

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

MrBug708
10-18-2009, 05:02 PM
How about players drafted within the millennium, since the article is about the present. I wouldn't include anybody from Arizona who didn't play in this decade for UA either... that said, even with the limited time frame, I'd still take Arizona over Washington with Arenas, Gardner, Stoudamire, Wise, Bayless, Budinger (will play SG in NBA). Even Shakur was as good as most of the players Katz named at Washington.

I don't believe I said anything to the contrary

CalStateTempe
10-18-2009, 05:03 PM
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

Ahh thats better.

JMarkJohns
10-18-2009, 05:08 PM
I don't believe I said anything to the contrary

Are you ****in' Katz? Why is the thread about you and what you said? Quit being such a GD attention whore. I'm pretty certain I'm qualified to make a critique on the original post topic without having to clear said opinion by you first. The post you just quoted wasn't about your context, but my interpretation of Katz's. Even within a recent time frame, I'd still take Arizona's guards/wings over Washington's. Same as I'd take UCLA and USC.

catgrad97
10-18-2009, 06:23 PM
I suspect that with Katz, he used to have a friendly AD in Livengood who (in his view, anyway) turned on him by shutting him out ever since the KO firing.

His anti-Arizona agenda in his articles IMHO has more to do with Sunny Jim than riding KO's huevos. Although the premise of this latest story is ludicrous, for that reason, I don't think his writing has become totally full of sh*t like Doylie's is. Just sayin'...