PDA

View Full Version : Wilbon Becomes an Arenas Fan

TopCat
11-12-2003, 01:30 AM
Good article in the Post tonight on Gilbert Arenas. Wilbon is always brutal on the Wizards, so this is a very nice article about GA.

You may need to answer a couple of extremely basic questions to register to get the article (zip code), but it will be worth it.

Wilbon on Arenas (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28679-2003Nov11.html)

The only thing I would mention to Michael, is that 5-1 asst/to ratio is pretty solid from your PG...

ASUCatfan
11-12-2003, 02:49 AM
That was a pretty good article. I've always been amused and intrigued by Arenas's attitude. I suppose some may consider it a bad thing but I'm a big fan of non-conformity and his eccentricism has always made him a fun (if aggrivating at times) player to follow. It takes some serious balls to take it right at Allen Iverson (whom I'm also a big fan of) like that and some serious talent to nearly match his performance.

Taylor
11-12-2003, 10:18 AM
What are you talking about? Gil outperformed him.

Colocatfan
11-13-2003, 12:39 AM
I lived in the DC area for 4 years and while really enjoying Wilbon's writing in general, was always infuriated by his full on eastern bias in basketball. He never gave the Cats any love, writing that the 1997 championship game was the "worst he'd ever seen." Maybe Gil needs to let him know where he learned his game and earned his name.

TopCat
11-14-2003, 12:36 AM
Yeah, he is east coast biased. He's another Duke guy in disguise. College B-Ball is not really his thing, but overall he makes me laugh and I like his column.

I also give him credit as one of the few East Coast media who will actually stay up late enough to watch sports on the West Coast. He's a big Laker's guy, but that probably also comes from the Phil Jackson/Chicago connection.