PDA

View Full Version : ASU first to offer Kadeem Carey

TheCatMan
10-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Saw this on asu's Scout board. One scummie tried to joke about Stoops, and said "the only way Stoops will offer him, is if the kid moves to Texas."

I know we're pretty deep at RB right now. We have Kylan Butler and Daniel Jenkins who are the future of this program... Not to mention if we're lucky enough to get Jordan James, than we're in really great shape.

However, what are you guys' thoughts/opinions on asu offering first.. or if UA doesn't end up offering at all??

ice
10-20-2009, 07:09 PM
The joke about Stoops only offering him if he moves to Texas is pretty funny, even if it came from an ASU fan.

We might not need him, and we're in it for Jordon James, so it's better to wait and see.

spartuna
10-20-2009, 11:42 PM
He's 2011 I'm sure we'll offer if he can qualify.

TheCatMan
10-20-2009, 11:44 PM
He's 2011 I'm sure we'll offer if he can qualify.

Cocky kid.. asu posters on the DD board seem to love him. Go figure. I really hope we're able to land Jordan James.

But either way, I'm curious to see who emerges or steps up, between Kylan Butler and Daniel Jenkins.

UofAlum05
10-20-2009, 11:46 PM
The joke about Stoops only offering him if he moves to Texas is pretty funny, even if it came from an ASU fan.

We might not need him, and we're in it for Jordon James, so it's better to wait and see.

It is funny how our 2 star texas recruits run circles around ASU's 4 star Arizona/Cali recruits.

acarr1
10-20-2009, 11:58 PM
I can't imagine this kid wanting to play for the rust and puke being a Tucson boy.

What I See
10-21-2009, 12:41 AM
Does he play linebacker? We need some of those

azcat49
10-21-2009, 12:51 AM
I can't imagine this kid wanting to play for the rust and puke being a Tucson boy.

Yea that would never happen,

Signed,

John Mistler (Sahuaro NY Giants)
Mario Bates (Amphi)

What I See
10-21-2009, 01:06 AM
Mario Bates (Amphi)

That kid was a thug, U of A was lucky to never have him on their team.

Stoopstrooper
10-21-2009, 02:24 AM
That kid was a thug, U of A was lucky to never have him on their team.

Went to school with him and you are correct. Perfect fit for asu.

Irish27
10-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Carey has said on his video interview at the Arizona Daily Star that he wants to go to Oregon or the UofA. I think the only way he goes to ASU is if he can't get into the two schools above academically. We all know how easy it is to get into ASU.

AZCoachB
10-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Scholla Balla FTW!

I hope Stoops offers Carey because I think keeping local talent in Tucson is an important policy. And even though I've never seen this kid play in person (yet), I trust a local coaching legend like Scurran when he says that Carey is one of the best he's ever seen.

Plus, his uncle (Vance Johnson, I think) was a Cat!

DeezleWildcats
10-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Carey has said on his video interview at the Arizona Daily Star that he wants to go to Oregon or the UofA. I think the only way he goes to ASU is if he can't get into the two schools above academically. We all know how easy it is to get into ASU.

I don't know, its hard for a guy (especially a junior) to really know where he is looking at when the recruitment starts. Those were the two schools he mentioned, but who knows how serious the process has been thus far for him - I saw that video, and maybe it was a shot in the dark, or maybe he was serious, who knows.

And he is an in-state student, so if he can get into ASU, there is no reason he would not get into UA, right? I'm not saying ASU doesn't suck, I'm saying they have the same admission requirements for instate kids as I understand.

Merkin
10-21-2009, 12:12 PM

Leaving out the natural rivalry, being a 18 year old kid and heading to the big city from small dusty boring Tucson sounds pretty exciting. It's far enough away where mommy won't be checking on you all the time, but close enough your family can see you play and you can go down on weekends and such to see them.

acarr1
10-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Leaving out the natural rivalry, being a 18 year old kid and heading to the big city from small dusty boring Tucson sounds pretty exciting. It's far enough away where mommy won't be checking on you all the time, but close enough your family can see you play and you can go down on weekends and such to see them.

I guess speaking from my perspective, growing up in Tucson ASU never was on the radar. Although, Mario Bates did head on up to ASU the same year and I could never figure that one out.

uacats
10-21-2009, 02:14 PM
I would rather have Terron Ward from De La Salle. Brother walked on at Oregon and became a starter (hurt since Boise St). UTUBE TJ Ward hit/Oklahoma State.

His last two games:

Monte Vista 398 yards

San Ramon Valley 257 yards

Monte Vista's head coach is Craig Bergman (ex Arizona QB) - their QB is going to UCLA.

uacats
10-21-2009, 02:39 PM
I would offer KC. My post above for Terron would be as a DB.

sweetee1021
10-28-2009, 03:38 PM
I am Kadeems mother, and i will like to get things cleared for the record.Kadeem gets letters of intrest everyday.And no one knows what my son grades are.Y ou go by he say and run with it.My son has never been ineligible to play,not only football,but track, and basketball as well. So he must be doing something correct in school why dont you give him credit for that!!!!!!!Please get your information correct before you talk about some one.My son works just as hard as any other 16year does.Far as a tug, why would you say that? what gave you that right to give him that titile?the color of his skin.He has never been an any trouble with the law.So why would you give him that title.WOW

sweetee1021
10-28-2009, 05:50 PM
I don't know, its hard for a guy (especially a junior) to really know where he is looking at when the recruitment starts. Those were the two schools he mentioned, but who knows how serious the process has been thus far for him - I saw that video, and maybe it was a shot in the dark, or maybe he was serious, who knows.

And he is an in-state student, so if he can get into ASU, there is no reason he would not get into UA, right? I'm not saying ASU doesn't suck, I'm saying they have the same admission requirements for instate kids as I understand.

thank you for that comment, if my son can get in ASU what makes him think he not smart enought to get in the UoA, the standards are the same with NCAA for all schools,and yes i know because i alrady have one that went threw it.

sweetee1021
10-28-2009, 05:51 PM
how do you know he cocky?

AjoCatfan
10-28-2009, 05:52 PM
thank you for that comment, if my son can get in ASU what makes him think he not smart enought to get in the UoA, the standards are the same with NCAA for all schools,and yes i know because i alrady have one that went threw it.

I don't think that anybody is just outright calling your son a thug or anything like that. Since asu was mentioned as a school that offered him, certain posters probably let that rile them up a little, and they said some things. I'm sure those things were more directed at asu, and former asu players, more than anything else.

sweetee1021
10-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Thank you, alot of people put this kid down and they dont even know him.Give the kid a break, hes just 16.

CalStateTempe
10-28-2009, 05:59 PM
I think the "thug comment" was referring the Mario Bates.

All the best to your son and his education/career where ever he ends up.

sweetee1021
10-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Cocky kid.. asu posters on the DD board seem to love him. Go figure. I really hope we're able to land Jordan James.

But either way, I'm curious to see who emerges or steps up, between Kylan Butler and Daniel Jenkins.

I think the "thug comment" was referring the Mario Bates.

All the best to your son and his education/career where ever he ends up.

thats where i want him to go UCLA whats your opion on that?

Reydituto
10-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Thank you, alot of people put this kid down and they dont even know him.Give the kid a break, hes just 16.

I think part of the issue is that the fans REALLY WANT your son to come to UA, and that blended with the hate for ASU, leads to some unfortunate statements.

One other thing you have to remember, is that those of us who populate message boards are fanatics, extreme cases. I think you are quite brave coming in here and defending your son, but I also think it's not necessary. You know your son, we only read about him in the sports pages and message boards. Who cares if we are ignorant or wrong, you know better.

Best of luck to you & your family going forward, wherever he goes to school and/or plays football.

sweetee1021
10-28-2009, 06:04 PM
I have always been a UCLA fan,i tried to get my daughter to go there aswell.

What I See
10-28-2009, 06:06 PM

The thug comment was not directed at your son. It was directed at Mario Bates.

Good luck to your son. He seems to be one hell of a player and will get his shot in college I'm sure.

sweetee1021
10-28-2009, 06:07 PM
King of Everything your right,Thanks for your support!!!!!!!

uacats
10-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Sweetie - If you want some KaDeem love just read the KaDeem is sick thread - It means we like him. :)

Good Luck in the playoffs!

sweetee1021
10-28-2009, 06:37 PM
lol ok

LikesMikey
10-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Are you guys buying this ? I smell a scummie.

Josh Gershon
10-28-2009, 06:48 PM
I appreciate you coming on the board to stand up for your son. On most fan sites, people say a lot of personal things about recruits that they have no business saying, and really don't have the necessary information to criticize kids who don't deserve it.

Fans are emotional and say a lot of things out of emotion, which leads to a lot of hurt parents of players and recruits, and a lot of hurt players and recruits themselves, which is why it's best for people close to the recruits to just stay away, so they don't even subject themselves to a lot of this. I know it's much easier said than done though.

Regardless, when you are on a message board as a parent of a recruit interacting with boosters, you are putting your son and the school at risk of breaking NCAA rules, and I don't want either party to get in trouble, so I'm going to lock the thread.

If you have something you want to say, you can always e-mail me at jgershon@goazcats.com and I'll be more than happy to quote you on any issue.

Thanks for understanding and good luck to your son throughout the rest of the season and recruiting process.