Jason Scheer
10-24-2009, 01:03 AM
http://twitter.com/OCiAM

NETSFAN4HASSAN
10-24-2009, 01:23 AM
ruh roh.

What an awesome student athlete!

"Got fucckin tutorin ,, i swear i hate thys shyt already ,, juss 7 more weeks"

Twitter should be illegal for college athletes. It really should be.

Zero
10-24-2009, 01:36 AM
Twitter is gonna end badly for many athletes.

@driley4 man oregon, stanford, and cal should have been easy wins ,, but shyt thys nigga norm chow dnt be trustin us ,, so it is what it is8:39 PM Oct 22nd from Echofon in reply to driley4

MrBug708
10-24-2009, 02:10 AM
lol

I bet we'll see UCLA start enforcing their student athletes twitter accounts

TheCat
10-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Another scholar athelete.

I'm willing to bet Howland is already monitoring his guys.

In Re UofA
10-24-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm fascinated with this account.

DeezleWildcats
10-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Good stuff. Colleges really need to cut down on this crap. Anyone know what the UA athletic department policy is on these social networking sites?

UofAlum05
10-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Twitter accounts are going to be huge bulletin board material for opposing teams. I wonder what its like to walk around this dumb.

MrBug708
10-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Twitter accounts are going to be huge bulletin board material for opposing teams. I wonder what its like to walk around this dumb.

If you rely on bulletin board info for motivation, you are not a focused team

NYCats
10-24-2009, 02:07 PM
@driley4 man oregon, stanford, and cal should have been easy wins ,, but shyt thys nigga norm chow dnt be trustin us ,, so it is what it is

Haha

TheCat
10-25-2009, 10:38 AM
No more twitter for this dude....his account is gone.

CBCat
10-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Just an aside. So far twitter's for basketball players have been very very team focused both on and off the court and very very basic/innocent.
Stuff bout playing vid games together, eating together, how sore they are, how much the really enjoy the staff and practice. Team seems really together already. "Worst" of it seems to be some pics but I have never ever seen any alcohol in any pic even pics with chicks and friends at "party's"
Been impressed with that so far. I'm guessing a few lectures have already been given regarding facebook and twitter.

Zero
10-25-2009, 12:26 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ucla-carroll-chow25-2009oct25,0,2234103.story

A Twitter message sent by UCLA freshman Randall Carroll to a top high school recruit complained about Bruins offensive coordinator Norm Chow and referred to him with a racial epithet.

The post, from the account of OCiAM, dated Oct. 22, referred to the Bruins' last three games before Saturday and read, "man oregon, stanford and cal should have been easy wins ,, but [expletive] thys [racial slur] norm chow dnt be trustin us ,, so it is what it is."

Carroll directed the tweet to the attention of La Caņada St. Francis High running back Dietrich Riley. It also could be seen by the public.

"I was frustrated, tired of losing," Carroll said Saturday after UCLA's 27-13 loss to Arizona. "I wasn't trying disrespect Norm Chow in any way. . . . He was one of the reasons I came here. I was just saying I didn't feel like he trusted us, because we are such a young bunch. I wasn't downgrading his coaching."

Carroll talked with Coach Rick Neuheisel and will meet Chow at some point.

"Coach Neuheisel said we need to watch what we say in twitters," Carroll said.

"I was just talking to my friend and I put it in words I shouldn't say."

Neuheisel said after the game, "Randall has already said to me that he didn't mean it. We have to educate our guys how to use the technology."

However, the coach at that point did not know about the racial remark.

Later, he called reporters back to say, "It has come to my attention that there was a derogatory word used that, unfortunately, is used too often in today's culture. It is absolutely unacceptable and I will speak to Randall on the flight home."

Riley said he didn't see Carroll's message, but he confirmed that he and Carroll communicate using Twitter.

The message about Chow was sent to Riley's site at 8:39 p.m. Riley sent three tweets to "OCiAM" on Oct. 22, at 8:03, 8:13 and 8:53. The last read, "yall need to start throwing the damn ball!!!"

The "OC" in the Twitter address is believed to stand for "Olympic Champion," dating to when Carroll won a track and field championship at the Junior Olympics. The account was deactivated Saturday.

Carroll also was among four UCLA players suspended for the Kansas State game for violating unspecified team rules.

MrBug708
10-25-2009, 12:28 PM
It was to Dietrich Riley

DeezleWildcats
10-25-2009, 01:22 PM
How can you use the N word to describe Norm Chow?

WayneNewton
10-25-2009, 01:24 PM
How can you use the N word to describe Norm Chow?

His name is Norm, so...

catgrad97
10-25-2009, 01:31 PM
His name is Norm, so...

Yeah, that episode of "Cheers" was hilarious where Sam told Woody, "Shyt, dnt be trustin' dat nigga Norm, make him pay his bar tab."

LegallyKenny
10-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Who wants to tell the kid that "downgrading" and "denigrating" are not the same word?

T-Bone
10-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Who wants to tell the kid that "downgrading" and "denigrating" are not the same word?

Who wants to tell him you spell "this" with an "i"?

CalStateTempe
10-25-2009, 03:08 PM
:lol: thanks for the thread guys, thys shyte is funnie