Go Back   GOAZCATS.com Message Board > Men's Basketball > The Proud Tradition

The Proud Tradition The best and most visited Arizona basketball forum on the web - The Proud Tradition. Make sure to go to the V.I.P. Hoops Forum so you don't miss any insider basketball team and recruiting news.

Old 01-29-2012   #1
WildcatNation
BANNED USER

WildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect Reputation
Welcome to Wildcat Nation- Aaron Gordon

Every Wildcat knows how important it is to get Aaron to Arizona.

ESPN was on campus and it did not show Romar on camera.
This was done on purpose.

I hope he is ok.
I expect him to retire.
WildcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #2
EOCT
GOAZCATS.com All-American

EOCT Beyond Perfect ReputationEOCT Beyond Perfect ReputationEOCT Beyond Perfect ReputationEOCT Beyond Perfect ReputationEOCT Beyond Perfect ReputationEOCT Beyond Perfect ReputationEOCT Beyond Perfect ReputationEOCT Beyond Perfect ReputationEOCT Beyond Perfect ReputationEOCT Beyond Perfect ReputationEOCT Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNation View Post

I hope he is ok.
I expect him to retire.
Yes.

No.

Jesse, please stop your Lo Romar rumors.
Old 01-29-2012   #3
nlevy12
GOAZCATS.com Freshman

nlevy12 Perfect Reputationnlevy12 Perfect Reputationnlevy12 Perfect Reputationnlevy12 Perfect Reputationnlevy12 Perfect Reputationnlevy12 Perfect Reputationnlevy12 Perfect Reputationnlevy12 Perfect Reputationnlevy12 Perfect Reputationnlevy12 Perfect Reputationnlevy12 Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNation View Post

I hope he is ok.
I expect him to retire.
How brainwashed and idiotic are you?
nlevy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #4
BibbysTowelDude
GOAZCATS.com Legend

BibbysTowelDude Beyond Perfect ReputationBibbysTowelDude Beyond Perfect ReputationBibbysTowelDude Beyond Perfect ReputationBibbysTowelDude Beyond Perfect ReputationBibbysTowelDude Beyond Perfect ReputationBibbysTowelDude Beyond Perfect ReputationBibbysTowelDude Beyond Perfect ReputationBibbysTowelDude Beyond Perfect ReputationBibbysTowelDude Beyond Perfect ReputationBibbysTowelDude Beyond Perfect ReputationBibbysTowelDude Beyond Perfect Reputation
What the heck is Wildcat Nation?
BibbysTowelDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #5
UAEebs86
GOAZCATS.com Legend

UAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOCT View Post
Jesse, please stop your Lo Romar rumors.
and take your meds
UAEebs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #6
kpfor3
GOAZCATS.com Redshirt

kpfor3 someone please rate this user
I am new to this board and have no idea what is going on here. But I do think Aaron Gordon is awesome and would love to see him come to Arizona.
kpfor3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #7
Life Long Cat

Life Long Cat Perfect ReputationLife Long Cat Perfect ReputationLife Long Cat Perfect ReputationLife Long Cat Perfect ReputationLife Long Cat Perfect ReputationLife Long Cat Perfect ReputationLife Long Cat Perfect ReputationLife Long Cat Perfect ReputationLife Long Cat Perfect ReputationLife Long Cat Perfect ReputationLife Long Cat Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpfor3 View Post
I am new to this board and have no idea what is going on here. But I do think Aaron Gordon is awesome and would love to see him come to Arizona.
Despite the thread title, this thread actually has nothing to do with Gordon.
Life Long Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #8
WildcatNation
BANNED USER

WildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect ReputationWildcatNation Perfect Reputation
Lets go coaches.

Romar has been working this kid. And almost got him brainwashed.

Case in point-
Aaron like the environment at Arizona and has stated this.
Upon reading Aaron's comment, Romar tells Aaron. Your going to be inside the gym all the time. So, it does not matter. >> Result: Aaron believes him.

Counter: You have to be a well rounded person. So, being inside the gym 100% of the time is not good for you. You need to have a good balance.

Point No.2:
Aaron was set on playing the 3, SF. He refused to play with Jabari (Chicago player).
Romar got to him. Saying, better to play the 4 and 3.

Everyone knows that Aaron needs to play the 3 in order to make it big ,in the NBA.
WildcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #9
tstein7240
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Location: Big D... Dallas, land of great steakhouses and fake boobs
tstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpfor3 View Post
Welcome to the board.

Just a little background... the original post is from goazcats resident wacko. He/she has posted for many years here, under multiple banned accounts. The original is "Jesse Wildcat".

Posts are strange, out there, made up, humorous, embarassing, etc. He/she also posts on other boards across the country, typically very pro-Arizona. But in a way that makes the Arizona fan cringe with fear and embarassment.

Personally, as long as Jesse is kept at bay in his/her own little thread... I think the string of thoughts that come from his/her fingers is a fun aside from a stressful day. Unintentional humor in the best way.

If I didn't know better... I'd think it is Andy Kaufman* f'ing with us.

* college age kids, google Andy Kaufman and listen to REMs "Man on the Moon"
- THREE 2012 #1 seeds and a #2

NIT Happens to all programs
tstein7240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #10
Farva

Farva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect Reputation
1. Gordon is Washington's to lose.

2. If Gordon and Bird are a package deal, it'd be to Washington.

3. We really need to land Bird. Gordon would be gravy.
Farva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #11
Salty
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Salty Perfect ReputationSalty Perfect ReputationSalty Perfect ReputationSalty Perfect ReputationSalty Perfect ReputationSalty Perfect ReputationSalty Perfect ReputationSalty Perfect ReputationSalty Perfect ReputationSalty Perfect ReputationSalty Perfect Reputation
Boy. I hate Washington. They'll be stacked with those two guys.
Old 02-15-2012   #12
Farva

Farva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect ReputationFarva Perfect Reputation
Romar is not a bad coach. But he's not a great coach, either.

He's laid back, is a player's coach, and so young guys are drawn into that more than they are a clear authority figure who they know will demand a lot of sh*t from them for as long as they're there. I can't stand that recruits will love these easy-going guys, who are "cool", but that's just how it is these days.

Nonetheless, I'm not worried, because I know Sean Miller will always get his, and is afterall, the better coach. Arizona teams will always be more consistent overall, constantly improving as the season progresses. Just look at this season - we haven't gotten blown out in any loss even earlier this season when Sean Miller was mocking his own team's basic basketball skills.

Romar, being African-American, letting his teams run n gun it, and talking whatever sweet talk he might talk to recruits, will always draw some big talent. I hate that, but it's just how it is.

Last edited by Farva; 02-15-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Farva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #13
97cats
GOAZCATS.com Immortal

97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation
there is history with Gordon and UW.

Bird, Domingo, Frazier, Ennis -- any combination is fine with me.

hell, take em alllllll!!!
97cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #14
ghostwhitehorse

ghostwhitehorse Beyond Perfect Reputationghostwhitehorse Beyond Perfect Reputationghostwhitehorse Beyond Perfect Reputationghostwhitehorse Beyond Perfect Reputationghostwhitehorse Beyond Perfect Reputationghostwhitehorse Beyond Perfect Reputationghostwhitehorse Beyond Perfect Reputationghostwhitehorse Beyond Perfect Reputationghostwhitehorse Beyond Perfect Reputationghostwhitehorse Beyond Perfect Reputationghostwhitehorse Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva View Post
Romar is not a bad coach. But he's not a great coach, either.

He's laid back, is a player's coach, and so young guys are drawn into that more than they are a clear authority figure who they know will demand a lot of sh*t from them for as long as they're there. I can't stand that recruits will love these easy-going guys, who are "cool", but that's just how it is these days.

Nonetheless, I'm not worried, because I know Sean Miller will always get his, and is afterall, the better coach. Arizona teams will always be more consistent overall, constantly improving as the season progresses. Just look at this season - we haven't gotten blown out in any loss even earlier this season when Sean Miller was mocking his own team's basic basketball skills.

Romar, being African-American, letting his teams run n gun it, and talking whatever sweet talk he might talk to recruits, will always draw some big talent. I hate that, but it's just how it is.
*twitch*

"Now we don't mean to sound like we're tripping, but we swear to god we saw Lou Reed cow-tipping." -The Little Willies (from the track 'Lou Reed' )

http://ghostwhitehorse.deviantart.com/

Zhai'hai'allav'a!
ghostwhitehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #15
Cats101
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Cats101 Beyond Perfect ReputationCats101 Beyond Perfect ReputationCats101 Beyond Perfect ReputationCats101 Beyond Perfect ReputationCats101 Beyond Perfect ReputationCats101 Beyond Perfect ReputationCats101 Beyond Perfect ReputationCats101 Beyond Perfect ReputationCats101 Beyond Perfect ReputationCats101 Beyond Perfect ReputationCats101 Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Boy. I hate Washington. They'll be stacked with those two guys.
By the time 2013-14 comes around Wroten, Ross, Gaddy(?), Gant, and Aziz will be gone, no 2012 class. Where's the stacked?

@ players gravitating towards Romar. Sean Miller has shat all over him in recruiting without being black, run-n-gun or sweet talking recruits.

Romar's recent recruiting is going to catch up with him. Like Winger said "its over".