Go Back   GOAZCATS.com Message Board > Men's Basketball > Basketball Arch-Rivals Forum

Basketball Arch-Rivals Forum This forum is for discussion outside of Arizona Basketball. If you want to talk about Pac-12 or national games, here's your spot.

Old 04-23-2012   #1
Flipper
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Flipper Beyond Perfect ReputationFlipper Beyond Perfect ReputationFlipper Beyond Perfect ReputationFlipper Beyond Perfect ReputationFlipper Beyond Perfect ReputationFlipper Beyond Perfect ReputationFlipper Beyond Perfect ReputationFlipper Beyond Perfect ReputationFlipper Beyond Perfect ReputationFlipper Beyond Perfect ReputationFlipper Beyond Perfect Reputation
Josiah Turner to ... ?

and has to sit out a year? hmmm....thought he's in a hurry to get to the NBA...

Good academic standing as well? WTH happened between he and the Cats/Miller?

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/04/23/j...ring-st-johns/
"That's just a sign of obviously a great program, and great people", Morrison said. "They had enough guts as a man to come over in their moment of victory, pick somebody off the floor. If I could thank them I would".
Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #2
ArzCatz3
GOAZCATS.com Hall of Famer

ArzCatz3 Beyond Perfect ReputationArzCatz3 Beyond Perfect ReputationArzCatz3 Beyond Perfect ReputationArzCatz3 Beyond Perfect ReputationArzCatz3 Beyond Perfect ReputationArzCatz3 Beyond Perfect ReputationArzCatz3 Beyond Perfect ReputationArzCatz3 Beyond Perfect ReputationArzCatz3 Beyond Perfect ReputationArzCatz3 Beyond Perfect ReputationArzCatz3 Beyond Perfect Reputation
Send a message via AIM to ArzCatz3
Ask Salty
ArzCatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #3
Lab notes

Lab notes Beyond Perfect ReputationLab notes Beyond Perfect ReputationLab notes Beyond Perfect ReputationLab notes Beyond Perfect ReputationLab notes Beyond Perfect ReputationLab notes Beyond Perfect ReputationLab notes Beyond Perfect ReputationLab notes Beyond Perfect ReputationLab notes Beyond Perfect ReputationLab notes Beyond Perfect ReputationLab notes Beyond Perfect Reputation
The same St. John's that Josiah cleared the bench for and punched his own hand multiple times before the coaching staff had to usher him back?
Lab notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #4
Winger
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Winger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect Reputation
As I have posted before, a source very close to the team (not 97) told me the preseason workouts and fall practices were extremely challanging physically.
Winger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012   #5
CalStateTempe
GOAZCATS.com Legend

CalStateTempe Beyond Perfect ReputationCalStateTempe Beyond Perfect ReputationCalStateTempe Beyond Perfect ReputationCalStateTempe Beyond Perfect ReputationCalStateTempe Beyond Perfect ReputationCalStateTempe Beyond Perfect ReputationCalStateTempe Beyond Perfect ReputationCalStateTempe Beyond Perfect ReputationCalStateTempe Beyond Perfect ReputationCalStateTempe Beyond Perfect ReputationCalStateTempe Beyond Perfect Reputation
We can move this to arch rivals now.
CalStateTempe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #6
Main Event
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Main Event Beyond Perfect ReputationMain Event Beyond Perfect ReputationMain Event Beyond Perfect ReputationMain Event Beyond Perfect ReputationMain Event Beyond Perfect ReputationMain Event Beyond Perfect ReputationMain Event Beyond Perfect ReputationMain Event Beyond Perfect ReputationMain Event Beyond Perfect ReputationMain Event Beyond Perfect ReputationMain Event Beyond Perfect Reputation
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3
Main Event is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #7
catgrad97

catgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to catgrad97
Quote:
In college, you get your degree and everything, but going pro is getting me closer to my dream and what I want to do in life."
Sounds like he's really matured.

Quote:
Turner acknowledged Tuesday that both alcohol and marijuana were "big issues" for him during his one year at Arizona, but he insisted he has reevaluated his life since his arrest. Even though it's only three months later, the 20-year-old says he's ready to set a better example for his younger and older sister.

"My maturity level now is way higher than it was when I was in Arizona," Turner said. "I was young. I made mistakes. I just learned a lot from last year thinking about where I could be at right now and thinking about the things I did last year. It was all stupid."
Where's the proof? In cheap words?

It's all been words for Turner up to this point. He's shown nothing so far to indicate he deserves NBA money.

Quote:
SMU spokesman Herman Hudson declined comment regarding Turner's status Tuesday night, but Turner said Brown took it well when informed his most prized recruit wouldn't be enrolling after all.

"He actually thought it was a better move for me to go," Turner said. "He respected my decision. It's my dream."
After three months, Larry Brown's had enough of Turner as well. That speaks volumes.
Old 07-10-2012   #8
SandwichGuy
GOAZCATS.com All-American

SandwichGuy Perfect ReputationSandwichGuy Perfect ReputationSandwichGuy Perfect ReputationSandwichGuy Perfect ReputationSandwichGuy Perfect ReputationSandwichGuy Perfect ReputationSandwichGuy Perfect ReputationSandwichGuy Perfect ReputationSandwichGuy Perfect ReputationSandwichGuy Perfect ReputationSandwichGuy Perfect Reputation
What a damn waste.....
SandwichGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #9
NETSFAN4HASSAN
GOAZCATS.com Legend

NETSFAN4HASSAN Beyond Perfect ReputationNETSFAN4HASSAN Beyond Perfect ReputationNETSFAN4HASSAN Beyond Perfect ReputationNETSFAN4HASSAN Beyond Perfect ReputationNETSFAN4HASSAN Beyond Perfect ReputationNETSFAN4HASSAN Beyond Perfect ReputationNETSFAN4HASSAN Beyond Perfect ReputationNETSFAN4HASSAN Beyond Perfect ReputationNETSFAN4HASSAN Beyond Perfect ReputationNETSFAN4HASSAN Beyond Perfect ReputationNETSFAN4HASSAN Beyond Perfect Reputation
This kid has a lot of shiit going on...

Whew
NETSFAN4HASSAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #10
Zero
GOAZCATS.com 2003 RAP Contest Champion!

Zero Beyond Perfect ReputationZero Beyond Perfect ReputationZero Beyond Perfect ReputationZero Beyond Perfect ReputationZero Beyond Perfect ReputationZero Beyond Perfect ReputationZero Beyond Perfect ReputationZero Beyond Perfect ReputationZero Beyond Perfect ReputationZero Beyond Perfect ReputationZero Beyond Perfect Reputation
Ha Ha! Good luck. Never to be heard from again.

Quote:
I made sure to say 'Bear Down Arizona!' at the end of our broadcast. That was for Wildcat Nation. -NBC Anchor Brian Williams
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #11
alieberman

alieberman Perfect Reputationalieberman Perfect Reputationalieberman Perfect Reputationalieberman Perfect Reputationalieberman Perfect Reputationalieberman Perfect Reputationalieberman Perfect Reputationalieberman Perfect Reputationalieberman Perfect Reputationalieberman Perfect Reputationalieberman Perfect Reputation
I still like the phrasing that it was "Turner's Choice" to go pro

Just like it was "Turner's Choice" to leave AZ
alieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #12
cactuscat62

cactuscat62 Perfect Reputationcactuscat62 Perfect Reputationcactuscat62 Perfect Reputationcactuscat62 Perfect Reputationcactuscat62 Perfect Reputationcactuscat62 Perfect Reputationcactuscat62 Perfect Reputationcactuscat62 Perfect Reputationcactuscat62 Perfect Reputationcactuscat62 Perfect Reputationcactuscat62 Perfect Reputation
The kid has a lot of issues.

Whatever the case...I wish him well.
cactuscat62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #13
CatMG
GOAZCATS.com All-American

CatMG Perfect ReputationCatMG Perfect ReputationCatMG Perfect ReputationCatMG Perfect ReputationCatMG Perfect ReputationCatMG Perfect ReputationCatMG Perfect ReputationCatMG Perfect ReputationCatMG Perfect ReputationCatMG Perfect ReputationCatMG Perfect Reputation
Hell of a turn around in 3 months. The maturation process on steroids I suppose.
CatMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012   #14
pooh man
GOAZCATS.com Legend

pooh man Beyond Perfect Reputationpooh man Beyond Perfect Reputationpooh man Beyond Perfect Reputationpooh man Beyond Perfect Reputationpooh man Beyond Perfect Reputationpooh man Beyond Perfect Reputationpooh man Beyond Perfect Reputationpooh man Beyond Perfect Reputationpooh man Beyond Perfect Reputationpooh man Beyond Perfect Reputationpooh man Beyond Perfect Reputation
You know how sometimes someone breaks up with you, and you only realize what a bullet you dodged after the fact?
Old 07-10-2012   #15
gman4gov

gman4gov Beyond Perfect Reputationgman4gov Beyond Perfect Reputationgman4gov Beyond Perfect Reputationgman4gov Beyond Perfect Reputationgman4gov Beyond Perfect Reputationgman4gov Beyond Perfect Reputationgman4gov Beyond Perfect Reputationgman4gov Beyond Perfect Reputationgman4gov Beyond Perfect Reputationgman4gov Beyond Perfect Reputationgman4gov Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by catgrad97 View Post

After three months, Larry Brown's had enough of Turner as well.