Go Back   GOAZCATS.com Message Board > Arizona Wildcat Football > Arizona Football: Hard Edge

Arizona Football: Hard Edge This forum is for discussion on Arizona Football. The V.I.P. Football Forum is the place to be for insider info on UA football and recruiting, including all breaking news.

Old 07-06-2010   #1
angcatfan
GOAZCATS.com All-American

angcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputation
WSR reports Ransom passed his last class

From Brad Allis at Wildcat Sports Report:

The Arizona offense should be getting a boost at the wide receiver spot. A source familiar with the situation has indicated that Blinn College transfer Dexter Ransom has passed his last class and is epected to be eligible to play right away.

The source indicated the proper paperwork has been sent in from the Texas JC and that Ransom is expected to arrive in Tucson by week’s end.
Ransom gives the Wildcats another tall pass catcher and a potential replacement for recently dismissed Delashaun Dean.

In other academic news, Wildcat commit Kadeem Carey has been taking summer school classes and word is that things are progressing nicely.

In a bit of bad news Wildcat freshman Carter Lees was hospitalized earlier in the week with an absess. He is expected to miss a few weeks but should be fully cleared in time for the start of fall camp.
angcatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010   #2
canyoneer
GOAZCATS.com Freshman

canyoneer Perfect Reputationcanyoneer Perfect Reputationcanyoneer Perfect Reputationcanyoneer Perfect Reputationcanyoneer Perfect Reputationcanyoneer Perfect Reputationcanyoneer Perfect Reputationcanyoneer Perfect Reputationcanyoneer Perfect Reputationcanyoneer Perfect Reputationcanyoneer Perfect Reputation
Smile

Ransom being available is huge. He was the best JUCO WR in the country prior to his injury. He has great hands, is 6'4"-210, and is extremely fast.

He is MUCH more than just a replacement for Dean...if healthy he is substantially better than Dean, and is another step towards the Rose Bowl for this team..whether next year, or the year after.
canyoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010   #3
97cats
GOAZCATS.com Immortal

97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation
pass those classes!
97cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010   #4
barringer97
GOAZCATS.com Legend

barringer97 Beyond Perfect Reputationbarringer97 Beyond Perfect Reputationbarringer97 Beyond Perfect Reputationbarringer97 Beyond Perfect Reputationbarringer97 Beyond Perfect Reputationbarringer97 Beyond Perfect Reputationbarringer97 Beyond Perfect Reputationbarringer97 Beyond Perfect Reputationbarringer97 Beyond Perfect Reputationbarringer97 Beyond Perfect Reputationbarringer97 Beyond Perfect Reputation
I'll believe when I see it.

Juco guys are like a crap shoot.
barringer97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010   #5
Wildcat_pride
GOAZCATS.com Senior

Wildcat_pride Perfect ReputationWildcat_pride Perfect ReputationWildcat_pride Perfect ReputationWildcat_pride Perfect ReputationWildcat_pride Perfect ReputationWildcat_pride Perfect ReputationWildcat_pride Perfect ReputationWildcat_pride Perfect ReputationWildcat_pride Perfect ReputationWildcat_pride Perfect ReputationWildcat_pride Perfect Reputation
Yes history backs up that statement, hopefully Ransom is different.

Side note: ransom was a fellow teammate of one of our current receivers in Travis Cobb @ blinn community college and was selected a unanimous choice as a texas all stater just like Foles, I think this guy is definitely coming to bring the heat and could very well be a diamond in the rough.

Last edited by Wildcat_pride; 07-11-2010 at 01:55 AM.
Wildcat_pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010   #6
dc4azcats
GOAZCATS.com Legend

dc4azcats Beyond Perfect Reputationdc4azcats Beyond Perfect Reputationdc4azcats Beyond Perfect Reputationdc4azcats Beyond Perfect Reputationdc4azcats Beyond Perfect Reputationdc4azcats Beyond Perfect Reputationdc4azcats Beyond Perfect Reputationdc4azcats Beyond Perfect Reputationdc4azcats Beyond Perfect Reputationdc4azcats Beyond Perfect Reputationdc4azcats Beyond Perfect Reputation
Rumor has it that he is on his way here and that he did pass his classes and his knee is 100% healthy.

Past history for what it's worth on JC guys were guys who took some questionable classes all the way to guys who went to some questionable schools. Throw in guys who had D's and or classes that didn't transfer over to the UA and that sums up Stoops first 3 years with JC guys.

I could certainly be wrong but I think the staff has done a pretty good job of late of not taking high risk guys. Wasn't Ransom the only guy that we were waiting on? Didn't everybody from last year get cleared through the clearing house and get on the practice field at the start of Fall Camp? I would be surprised if it isn't the case this year as well.

As with Kadeem Carey right now - the staff is identifying what said student/athlete has to pass to get admitted to Arizona. Transcripts are checked and classes are checked as well to make sure the I's are dotted and T's crossed. Ransom took the classes that the staff said he needed to take to get in - this isn't a throw it against the wall and hope it sticks kind of deal. Carey is taking summer school right now to correct the classes from his first 2 years where he didn't do well.

With what happened in the past with the APR you can bet that the staff isn't taking any chances on guys as it relates to getting admitted to Arizona.
dc4azcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010   #7
GlobalCat
GOAZCATS.com Legend

GlobalCat Beyond Perfect ReputationGlobalCat Beyond Perfect ReputationGlobalCat Beyond Perfect ReputationGlobalCat Beyond Perfect ReputationGlobalCat Beyond Perfect ReputationGlobalCat Beyond Perfect ReputationGlobalCat Beyond Perfect ReputationGlobalCat Beyond Perfect ReputationGlobalCat Beyond Perfect ReputationGlobalCat Beyond Perfect ReputationGlobalCat Beyond Perfect Reputation
terrible thread title - i thought something bad had happened at first glance
GlobalCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010   #8
HiCat
GOAZCATS.com Legend

HiCat Beyond Perfect ReputationHiCat Beyond Perfect ReputationHiCat Beyond Perfect ReputationHiCat Beyond Perfect ReputationHiCat Beyond Perfect ReputationHiCat Beyond Perfect ReputationHiCat Beyond Perfect ReputationHiCat Beyond Perfect ReputationHiCat Beyond Perfect ReputationHiCat Beyond Perfect ReputationHiCat Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalCat View Post
terrible thread title - i thought something bad had happened at first glance
Same here..

"Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice"
HiCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010   #9
Chicat
FemCat's Love Slave

Chicat Beyond Perfect ReputationChicat Beyond Perfect ReputationChicat Beyond Perfect ReputationChicat Beyond Perfect ReputationChicat Beyond Perfect ReputationChicat Beyond Perfect ReputationChicat Beyond Perfect ReputationChicat Beyond Perfect ReputationChicat Beyond Perfect ReputationChicat Beyond Perfect ReputationChicat Beyond Perfect Reputation
Fixed the thread title. That was definitely a little alarming at first glance.
Chicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010   #10
97cats
GOAZCATS.com Immortal

97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation
.....Kadeem Carey
97cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #11
tucsonpaint
GOAZCATS.com Senior

tucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputation
AZ Star reports there is a "paper work" problem with Ransom.

http://azstarnet.com/sports/football...e3d970345.html
tucsonpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #12
angcatfan
GOAZCATS.com All-American

angcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputationangcatfan Beyond Perfect Reputation
From the star article:
Ransom's issue stems from an online math class that he finished earlier this summer. The UA signee said he mailed the required forms, but they were not received.

"I'm going to re-do it and send it back," he said.

Ransom believes he'll be academically cleared in a matter of weeks. He has been lifting weights and running on his own in Texas and said he's bigger and faster than he was at Blinn.

"Am I ready? Yes, sir," he said. "I've been waiting for two years to get a shot like this."
angcatfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #13
ZonaDefender1
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Location: In The Red Zone.. ZD 2 we love you and we pray you to a speedy recovery! BEAR DOWN
ZonaDefender1 Perfect ReputationZonaDefender1 Perfect ReputationZonaDefender1 Perfect ReputationZonaDefender1 Perfect ReputationZonaDefender1 Perfect ReputationZonaDefender1 Perfect ReputationZonaDefender1 Perfect ReputationZonaDefender1 Perfect ReputationZonaDefender1 Perfect ReputationZonaDefender1 Perfect ReputationZonaDefender1 Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by angcatfan View Post
From the star article:
Ransom's issue stems from an online math class that he finished earlier this summer. The UA signee said he mailed the required forms, but they were not received.

"I'm going to re-do it and send it back," he said.

Ransom believes he'll be academically cleared in a matter of weeks. He has been lifting weights and running on his own in Texas and said he's bigger and faster than he was at Blinn.

"Am I ready? Yes, sir," he said. "I've been waiting for two years to get a shot like this."
Online class ROCKS!!

Signed, BJ Vickers
DW99, GROW UP! THIS IS BEYOND PATHETIC AND RIDICULOUS. I THOUGHT WHEN PEOPLE SAY DEBTS ARE FORGIVEN A YEAR AGO. THEY ARE FORGIVEN A YEAR AGO, PUTTING MY PERSONAL BUSINESS IN THE STREET OR ON THE BOARD MAY MAKE ME LOOK BAD, BUT IT MAKES YOU LOOK PETTY
ZonaDefender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #14
tucsonpaint
GOAZCATS.com Senior

tucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputationtucsonpaint Perfect Reputation
"Mailed forms not received" by whom? U of A? NCAA? His JUCO?
tucsonpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #15
GOAZCATS.com Redshirt

361261 Perfect Reputation361261 Perfect Reputation361261 Perfect Reputation361261 Perfect Reputation361261 Perfect Reputation361261 Perfect Reputation361261 Perfect Reputation361261 Perfect Reputation361261 Perfect Reputation361261 Perfect Reputation361261 Perfect Reputation
Ruh-Roh
361261 is offline   Reply With Quote