Go Back   GOAZCATS.com Message Board > Arizona Wildcat Football > Arizona Football: Hard Edge

Arizona Football: Hard Edge This forum is for discussion on Arizona Football. The V.I.P. Football Forum is the place to be for insider info on UA football and recruiting, including all breaking news.

Old 12-31-2010   #1
NewportCat
Johnny Optimist

NewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect Reputation
Anyone who backs up Stoops, GET OFF THIS BOARD AND SITE

NOW

I hate these losers who would accept medicority. If you dont want stoops fired then you are a troll, secret ASU fan, or some dumb ass who enjoys working at Burger King, living on government food stamps, and likes porking your fat wife because she does have big t*ts. and life is just great how it is I rarely post here because I have tried to not get so tied into our football team because it always ends up in failure under stoops. Every single year he has coached our team it has been a season of What if's even when we won the Vegas Bowl. Every single year we have losses that blow my mind and I know the reason is not because we have bad facilities (this is just not true by the way, our facilities are better then USC's, on par with UCLA, better then Cal's, on par with ASU and better then WSU's. We have a nice weight room and a new practice field. We have a sh*t stadium but so does Duke Basketball.) or because we cant recruit (such a BS response, I went to the U of A when I was a junior and it took a 15 min walk on the Mall on a Friday at lunchtime to convince me to go to school there. We have really hot White chicks. TCU does not, Utah does not (they do but they are not slutty white chicks, Boise State does not, etc. We have a great college town where you are a guy like Nick Foles can be a God.

The reason is because our head coach sucks. He is not a head coach. He acts like a total jackass on the sidelines. He embarrases all of us.

If you think differently, please leave and stop posting here. Stop being a douchebag loser. I want my football team to make a rose bowl before I die. We had our shot last year under stoops and we missed it. We are not going to get another one. More importantly, when we make the rose bowl I actually want a shot to win the game. If we somehow snuck in last year, Ohio State would have beat us by 75 points.

In year 7, he has a winning record in the pac-Ten once. ONCE. Washington just beat Nebraska in the Holiday bowl and were 0-12 just 2 years ago.

Sorry for the rant but I am sick of all these P*ssy arizona football fans. Luckily there are the minority as most normal fans I know hate Stoops and want a change.

Until the fan base demands a winner, our program will suck.
NewportCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #2
Gladiator Cat
GOAZCATS.com All-American

Gladiator Cat Beyond Perfect ReputationGladiator Cat Beyond Perfect ReputationGladiator Cat Beyond Perfect ReputationGladiator Cat Beyond Perfect ReputationGladiator Cat Beyond Perfect ReputationGladiator Cat Beyond Perfect ReputationGladiator Cat Beyond Perfect ReputationGladiator Cat Beyond Perfect ReputationGladiator Cat Beyond Perfect ReputationGladiator Cat Beyond Perfect ReputationGladiator Cat Beyond Perfect Reputation
Newport,

Come on man.....I know the frustration that is burning inside you but step away from the ledge dude.

All fans have an opinion, one is not better than the other, its an opinion. Let them have their say.

Stoops is gone next year if he s**ts the bed again I would amagine. Lets see whats happens because he ain't going anywhere this year.

What I'm really worried about is this years recruiting class. Now that's some **** to be worried about.
Gladiator Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #3
tstein7240
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Location: Big D... Dallas, land of great steakhouses and fake boobs
tstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputation
Post of the year...

Seriously, it boggles my mind the excuses that some make sor Stoops and the lack of success our program has had.

Amazingly, it seems that some of the people most content with average are Tucson locals. Wildcats who grew up elsewhere see the amazing potential in Tucson. And we are alums who SELECTED ARIZONA from a different city/state... so we are baffled with the comments that you can't recruit to Tucson. University of Arizona is a great campus in a great college town. I loved every bit of my time there...from the second I stepped foot on campus to my last beer at Dirtbags.

THe poor us, we can't recruit in Phoenix because they don't want to come to Tucson. Guess what.. 80% of my fraternity was from Phoenix.

I grew up in SWC/Big 12 country, where a coach with Stoops record of success and career tragectory gets them canned. Not - we won 7 games and snuck into a bowl to get our ass kicked so I am cool with that.

Newport... preaching to the choir.

Oh, one thing. TCU has HOT chicks. Granted, last time I was on their campus was to watch our baseball team lose. And before that was with my wife who was speaking to the ChiO's and the 18 years olds kept calling me "SIR' as they stared at my receding hairline and likely wondered who the creepy old man staring at them is...
- THREE 2012 #1 seeds and a #2

NIT Happens to all programs

Last edited by tstein7240; 12-31-2010 at 01:40 PM.
tstein7240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #4
TheCat
GOAZCATS.com Legend

TheCat Beyond Perfect ReputationTheCat Beyond Perfect ReputationTheCat Beyond Perfect ReputationTheCat Beyond Perfect ReputationTheCat Beyond Perfect ReputationTheCat Beyond Perfect ReputationTheCat Beyond Perfect ReputationTheCat Beyond Perfect ReputationTheCat Beyond Perfect ReputationTheCat Beyond Perfect ReputationTheCat Beyond Perfect Reputation
Glad to see the quality and menality of those recommending a change. Sounds right. Oh by the way Stoops beat Washington.......

If you want your team to make the Rose Bowl before you die I suggest putting your money where your heart is. I was going to say head but the above post (Newport Cat) makes it clear you don't have a brain.

Last edited by TheCat; 12-31-2010 at 01:37 PM.
TheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #5
CatsbyAZ
GOAZCATS.com All-American

CatsbyAZ Perfect ReputationCatsbyAZ Perfect ReputationCatsbyAZ Perfect ReputationCatsbyAZ Perfect ReputationCatsbyAZ Perfect ReputationCatsbyAZ Perfect ReputationCatsbyAZ Perfect ReputationCatsbyAZ Perfect ReputationCatsbyAZ Perfect ReputationCatsbyAZ Perfect ReputationCatsbyAZ Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstein7240 View Post
Amazingly, it seems that some of the people most content with average are Tucson locals.
Probably been talked a lot on here before, but I think most of the embedded Tucson population still sees football as leadup to BBall season.
CatsbyAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #6
azcat49

Location: Waiting patiently at the Rose Bowl for the Cats to arrive!
azcat49 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat49 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat49 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat49 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat49 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat49 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat49 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat49 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat49 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat49 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat49 Beyond Perfect Reputation
LOL, tell us how you really feel Newport Cat!

On Arizona Monopoly, AZ Stadium is worth more then McKale. Just sayin

"Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, and the greatest lung capacity" BYE, BYE Eddie.
azcat49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #7
What I See
GOAZCATS.com Legend

What I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Amazingly, it seems that some of the people most content with average are Tucson locals. Wildcats who grew up elsewhere see the amazing potential in Tucson. And we are alums who SELECTED ARIZONA from a different city/state...
Hey EAT A DICK. You can quote me on that one.

Newport Cat? You're a joke and good for a laugh
What I See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #8
NewportCat
Johnny Optimist

NewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect ReputationNewportCat Perfect Reputation
First off Stoops beat Washington when Locker was hurt. Secondly, if we played Washington today, they would beat us.

I hate fans like you
Old 12-31-2010   #9
MIAMICAT
GOAZCATS.com Sixth Man

MIAMICAT Perfect ReputationMIAMICAT Perfect ReputationMIAMICAT Perfect ReputationMIAMICAT Perfect ReputationMIAMICAT Perfect ReputationMIAMICAT Perfect ReputationMIAMICAT Perfect ReputationMIAMICAT Perfect ReputationMIAMICAT Perfect ReputationMIAMICAT Perfect ReputationMIAMICAT Perfect Reputation
This thread/author

MIAMICAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #10
NewportCat
Johnny Optimist

Sorry about the TCU comment and hot chicks

Also, before anyone starts hammering me for being a loser or fair weather fan, please remember I was the only person on these boards following the football team during the mackovic years. The only person still loyal to my school's team. I just hate losers, and right now we have a loser for a head coach. Clear as day to me.

I only wish some big alum could step up but 7 years of this horrible, disapointing football is enough.

To all the people who disagree or think I am an idiot, enjoy being a loser
Old 12-31-2010   #11
Winger
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Winger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect Reputation
I want what you want NPC, but I accept the reality that it isn't going to happen, at least not anytime soon.

What the fan base demands is meaningless, the sooner you guys get a handle on that the more things will make sense. Other programs are not better than Arizona because of what their fans demand. Arizona football does not struggle on account of it's fan base.

Our facilities are also not nearly as good as you think they are, and they make a huge difference, though they are marginally better than they were a couple years back.

The program iwii because of Stoops' recruiting, Stoops' player development, and Stoops' staff's coaching.

If you can convince 30,000 of the 55,000 fans currently showing up to games to stay home that would change things. If you can find a booster to make a $100 million gift contingent on Stoops firing that may make a difference.

Otherwise, as long as Stoops teams are > 500, going to bowl games, and not committing NCAA infractions, he's your coach.
Winger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #12
NewportCat
Johnny Optimist

Winger, if that is the truth then I will be a part of those 30,000 fans not buying tickets anymore.

What I think some are forgeting is how brutal our schedule is next year. Stoops is really doomed to fail.

Lets start over now before it gets really Mackovic type ugly. I agree that I doubt it happens but I just have this vision of us having a losing record and playing that Louisana team at Home over Thanksgiving weekend and there are like 25K of fans there and we are right back to where we started under Stoops.
Old 12-31-2010   #13
tstein7240
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Location: Big D... Dallas, land of great steakhouses and fake boobs
tstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputationtstein7240 Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by What I See View Post
Hey EAT A DICK. You can quote me on that one.

Newport Cat? You're a joke and good for a laugh
Wow...
To paraphrase, I said that Tucson is a better city and should expect greatness instead of being content and statified with average.

And I get "EAT A DICK"

Sounds like I hit a nerve there buddy. Was giving a compliment to the town you call home and said I love it and other should too. Chip on your shoulder? Or just wanted to prove the "Tucson local defeatist attitude" that I somewhat alluded to. Because your comment sure did.

Guess what... Tucson is a great town. And a wonderful place to go to school. I loved it. Grew up in Dallas, live in Dallas now... travel the world. LOVE TUCSON. I have tons of buddies in Phoenix who love Tucson. I have friends who went to other schools who make sure that Tucson is their roadtrip for a college game when the schedule comes out.

But the attitude YOU JUST SHOWED is amazing. If you want to be treated like a little brother (or maybe a little sister !?!), accept being a little brother. And act like a little brother.

If we want to play with the big guys in the college football world, I would hope that our local fan base doesn't accept mediocrity and enjoys excuses more than winning. And has a better retort than EAT A DICK... Next time... how about, "I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I"? That always worked for little brother.
- THREE 2012 #1 seeds and a #2

NIT Happens to all programs
tstein7240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #14
BlueMikey
GOAZCATS.com Legend

BlueMikey Beyond Perfect ReputationBlueMikey Beyond Perfect ReputationBlueMikey Beyond Perfect ReputationBlueMikey Beyond Perfect ReputationBlueMikey Beyond Perfect ReputationBlueMikey Beyond Perfect ReputationBlueMikey Beyond Perfect ReputationBlueMikey Beyond Perfect ReputationBlueMikey Beyond Perfect ReputationBlueMikey Beyond Perfect ReputationBlueMikey Beyond Perfect Reputation
Send a message via AIM to BlueMikey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportCat View Post
Winger, if that is the truth then I will be a part of those 30,000 fans not buying tickets anymore.
This is a hell of a lot sh!ttier than someone who doesn't want Stoops fired. Terrible fan, you are.
BlueMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010   #15
What I See
GOAZCATS.com Legend

What I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect ReputationWhat I See Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Wow...
To paraphrase, I said that Tucson is a better city and should expect greatness instead of being content and statified with average.

And I get "EAT A DICK"

Sounds like I hit a nerve there buddy. Was giving a compliment to the town you call home and said I love it and other should too. Chip on your shoulder? Or just wanted to prove the "Tucson local defeatist attitude" that I somewhat alluded to. Because your comment sure did.

Guess what... Tucson is a great town. And a wonderful place to go to school. I loved it. Grew up in Dallas, live in Dallas now... travel the world. LOVE TUCSON. I have tons of buddies in Phoenix who love Tucson. I have friends who went to other schools who make sure that Tucson is their roadtrip for a college game when the schedule comes out.

But the attitude YOU JUST SHOWED is amazing. If you want to be treated like a little brother (or maybe a little sister !?!), accept being a little brother. And act like a little brother.

If we want to play with the big guys in the college football world, I would hope that our local fan base doesn't accept mediocrity and enjoys excuses more than winning. And has a better retort than EAT A DICK... Next time... how about, "I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I"? That always worked for little brother.
Your intent of the message was to be condescending to the locals who attended the U versus the people who CHOSE to come to Tucson. Isn't that how you put it? The rest of your message past that was just BS. The phrase fits little sister

Last edited by What I See; 12-31-2010 at 02:03 PM.
What I See is offline   Reply With Quote