Go Back   GOAZCATS.com Message Board > Arizona Wildcat Football > Arizona Football: Hard Edge

Arizona Football: Hard Edge This forum is for discussion on Arizona Football. The V.I.P. Football Forum is the place to be for insider info on UA football and recruiting, including all breaking news.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012   #46
catgrad97

catgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputationcatgrad97 Beyond Perfect Reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to catgrad97
By definition, wouldn't Arizona HAVE to beat out ASU for most in-state recruits?

As bad as Graham is, it's not like those three-to-five-star Arizona kids only have NAU on their radar.

So if RichRod is going to keep the in-state kids here, what else would he have to do other than beat out ASU?
Old 04-17-2012   #47
Salim'sHeadband
GOAZCATS.com Hall of Famer

Salim'sHeadband Beyond Perfect ReputationSalim'sHeadband Beyond Perfect ReputationSalim'sHeadband Beyond Perfect ReputationSalim'sHeadband Beyond Perfect ReputationSalim'sHeadband Beyond Perfect ReputationSalim'sHeadband Beyond Perfect ReputationSalim'sHeadband Beyond Perfect ReputationSalim'sHeadband Beyond Perfect ReputationSalim'sHeadband Beyond Perfect ReputationSalim'sHeadband Beyond Perfect ReputationSalim'sHeadband Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by uacats View Post
Have you watched ASU play the last four years? If we are fighting ASU for a recruit we are aiming way to low.
I know that other people have addressed this post, but I'm just gonna point out that this post is nonsensical. You're assuming that, because ASU is recruiting a kid, that kid is not worth us recruiting? Lots of terrible programs bring in highly-rated and/or good players. Or, because the kids wants ASU, he's not worth recruiting? What if a 5* wanted to go to ASU, and we end up fighting ASU for that recruit - are you saying that's a waste of time? If a kid's offer sheet is 8 scrubby directional schools and us, yeah, maybe you're onto something, but HeHateMe already addressed this.

I love to rip on ASU as much as the next guy, but they're our competition for in-state recruits, like it or not.
Salim'sHeadband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #48
Reydituto
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Reydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salim'sHeadband View Post
I know that other people have addressed this post, but I'm just gonna point out that this post is nonsensical. You're assuming that, because ASU is recruiting a kid, that kid is not worth us recruiting? Lots of terrible programs bring in highly-rated and/or good players. Or, because the kids wants ASU, he's not worth recruiting? What if a 5* wanted to go to ASU, and we end up fighting ASU for that recruit - are you saying that's a waste of time? If a kid's offer sheet is 8 scrubby directional schools and us, yeah, maybe you're onto something, but HeHateMe already addressed this.

I love to rip on ASU as much as the next guy, but they're our competition for in-state recruits, like it or not.
You forget that uacats thinks UA should only recruit the 5* kids from Arizona, which draw competition from all over the country, and thinks UA should spend more time in Fresno and San Jose.

He made a football take, which is fine even if I or anyone else disagrees, but I also think others can see what he's trying to set up here in case RR fails, to which I would say the results will speak for themselves, there's no need selectively frame the issue to make yourself look better before it may or may not happen.

But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up! ... Sweet Sassy Molassy, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!
Reydituto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #49
UAEebs86
GOAZCATS.com Legend

UAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx Rufus View Post
We can just wait until we see who has the best offers before we offer anyone. The wait and see approach is what all the top tier programs do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by threenumberones View Post
I can't tell if this post is sarcastic or not. It should be if it isn't.
I took it as sarcasm.
UAEebs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012   #50
HeHateMe
GOAZCATS.com All-American

HeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect Reputation
OLB Brock Haman is transferring from Arkansas. Played at Scottsdale Saguaro and redshirted his first year there. He will probably apply for a waiver to play this season. Many thought Arizona was his second choice after Arkansas.
HeHateMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012   #51
uacats

uacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHateMe View Post
His current top 8 includes Arizona, Cal, Iowa State, Michigan, Nebraska, Oregon State, UCLA and UW.

Other offers include Arkansas, asu, Boise State, CU, Utah and WSU.

Please stop posting. You bring zero benefit to the board and you are obviously not interested in supporting Arizona's new Head football coach and Athletic Department.
HHM please stop posting. Your shotgun approach of we should offer every kid that ever played high school football in Arizona is laughable.

I know handful of "good" Arizona fans that do not support our new football coach - where have you been the last five years anyway?
Old 04-21-2012   #52
UAEebs86
GOAZCATS.com Legend

UAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect ReputationUAEebs86 Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
HHM please stop posting. Your shotgun approach of we should offer every kid that ever played high school football in Arizona is laughable.

I know handful of "good" Arizona fans that do not support our new football coach - where have you been the last five years anyway?
HeHateMe is bringing a hell of a lot more value to the board than
you and your tired "I hate RichRod" takes because you lost
your insider status with the previous staff.

He is providing information on in-state
and out-of-state recruits (which I appreciate), but obviously has more insight
on in-state players. Where the hell did he say we should offer
every one of these kids?

And when did you trade places with cogent?
Old 04-21-2012   #53
UAEebs86
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Quote:
OLB Brock Haman is transferring from Arkansas. Played at Scottsdale Saguaro and redshirted his first year there. He will probably apply for a waiver to play this season. Many thought Arizona was his second choice after Arkansas.
And his brother is going to UofA next year.
Old 04-21-2012   #54
ElGatoBlanco
GOAZCATS.com Legend

ElGatoBlanco Beyond Perfect ReputationElGatoBlanco Beyond Perfect ReputationElGatoBlanco Beyond Perfect ReputationElGatoBlanco Beyond Perfect ReputationElGatoBlanco Beyond Perfect ReputationElGatoBlanco Beyond Perfect ReputationElGatoBlanco Beyond Perfect ReputationElGatoBlanco Beyond Perfect ReputationElGatoBlanco Beyond Perfect ReputationElGatoBlanco Beyond Perfect ReputationElGatoBlanco Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:

What's the membership fees for that club? Does it come with a jacket? How hard do you guys bear down?
ElGatoBlanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012   #55
uacats

uacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputationuacats Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2ATX View Post
What's the membership fees for that club? Does it come with a jacket? How hard do you guys bear down?
We have a secret Rose Bowl handshake.
Old 04-21-2012   #56
Reydituto
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Reydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect ReputationReydituto Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
ASU.

Quote:

I don't think that's exactly a fair assessment of HHM's take on in-state recruiting. Would you like some sour cream with that red herring?

Meanwhile, no coach or coaching hire will please every fan. I knew a handful of "good" Arizona fans that did not support Stoops from the get-go, nor Mackovic, Tomey, Smith, Mason, Young, Weber, Mudra, Larue ... Sure, the faces change in the peanut gallery, but there will always be discontents in any civilization. So your Little Bighorn moment above means nothing to me, and your attempt at raising suspicion about HHM & his motives fall flat as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAEebs86 View Post
HeHateMe is bringing a hell of a lot more value to the board than
you and your tired "I hate RichRod" takes because you lost
your insider status with the previous staff.

He is providing information on in-state and out-of-state recruits (which I appreciate), but obviously has more insight on in-state players.
Yep.

Quote:
Where the hell did he say we should offer
every one of these kids?
He didn't.

Quote:
And when did you trade places with cogent?
Cogent AFA I can tell is all kinds of fired up about the RR Era.

Quote:
And his brother is going to UofA next year.
Maybe not ASU. Hmmm ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2ATX View Post
I want to know if they have a lodge, or just someone's garage/workshop/mancave with a mini-fridge and 19" Quasar color television?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing they don't grab their nuts when they bear down.

Quote:
We have a secret Rose Bowl handshake.
Maybe one day RR will give you a reason to actually use it.

But in my book, you gotta get to White Castle before the weirdos show up! ... Sweet Sassy Molassy, get out the checkbook and pay Grandma for the rubdown!

Last edited by Reydituto; 04-21-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Reydituto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012   #57
Titan

Titan Perfect ReputationTitan Perfect ReputationTitan Perfect ReputationTitan Perfect ReputationTitan Perfect ReputationTitan Perfect ReputationTitan Perfect ReputationTitan Perfect ReputationTitan Perfect ReputationTitan Perfect ReputationTitan Perfect Reputation
Please, guys, this is an important thread...maybe NOT a good place to litter with schoolgirl bickering.

HHM has proven to be a very valuable poster, imho. It would be great to check in here and find nothing but information related to the title of the thread. How 'bout it?
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012   #58
HeHateMe

HeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect ReputationHeHateMe Beyond Perfect Reputation
I think I've been pretty solid on the fact that I did enjoy Stoops' time as a head coach, but I do think it was time for a change. I have even stated that I did not agree with the mid-season firing and if Stoops had been given time to finish the season, Arizona could have finished with 5/6 wins. If anything, I made it clear that I thought Stoops should have been let go after the Alamo Bowl debacle.

My stance on Arizona recruits will stay the same, and the coaching staff seems to agree with me. Why is it so hard for people to understand that Arizona is every bit as talented as any other state when it comes to top 10-15 players? I am much more concerned about Arizona football recruiting the *quality* players in-state, as I could care less about the *quantity*.

EDIT: Agree with Titan. Let's get back on track.

Last edited by HeHateMe; 04-21-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-21-2012   #59
BearDown89

BearDown89 Beyond Perfect ReputationBearDown89 Beyond Perfect ReputationBearDown89 Beyond Perfect ReputationBearDown89 Beyond Perfect ReputationBearDown89 Beyond Perfect ReputationBearDown89 Beyond Perfect ReputationBearDown89 Beyond Perfect ReputationBearDown89 Beyond Perfect ReputationBearDown89 Beyond Perfect ReputationBearDown89 Beyond Perfect ReputationBearDown89 Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
Please, guys, this is an important thread...maybe NOT a good place to litter with schoolgirl bickering.

HHM has proven to be a very valuable poster, imho. It would be great to check in here and find nothing but information related to the title of the thread. How 'bout it?
Here, Here! Hear, Hear!

Quote:
I think I've been pretty solid on the fact that I did enjoy Stoops' time as a head coach, but I do think it was time for a change. I have even stated that I did not agree with the mid-season firing and if Stoops had been given time to finish the season, Arizona could have finished with 5/6 wins. If anything, I made it clear that I thought Stoops should have been let go after the Alamo Bowl debacle.

My stance on Arizona recruits will stay the same, and the coaching staff seems to agree with me. Why is it so hard for people to understand that Arizona is every bit as talented as any other state when it comes to top 10-15 players? I am much more concerned about Arizona football recruiting the *quality* players in-state, as I could care less about the *quantity*.

EDIT: Agree with Titan. Let's get back on track.
Indeed. Solid posts, perspective and contribution. Carry on as you have.
BearDown89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #60
HeHateMe

Allensworth offered by UCLA.

Could be trouble...