Go Back   GOAZCATS.com Message Board > Men's Basketball > The Proud Tradition

The Proud Tradition The best and most visited Arizona basketball forum on the web - The Proud Tradition. Make sure to go to the V.I.P. Hoops Forum so you don't miss any insider basketball team and recruiting news.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014   #601
gumby
GOAZCATS.com Immortal

gumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olsondogg View Post
The '70s were rough on guys.
Old 01-06-2014   #602
PieceOfMeat
GOAZCATS.com Immortal

PieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect Reputation
Kansas is vastly overrated.

Duke is overrated.

and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cats View Post
#1 -- Arizona

The Wildcats are off to their best start since opening with 16 straight wins in the 1931-32 season, which was two years before Lute Olson was born.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...rankings/top25

Everything comes back to LUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!
========
2013 Mouse Trap RAP Champion
PieceOfMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #603
verbs
GOAZCATS.com All-American

verbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieceOfMeat View Post
Kansas is vastly overrated.

Duke is overrated.

and....

Everything comes back to LUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!
Kansas is the 3rd youngest team in the nation playing the most difficult schedule in the nation by far. You do the math, but they're far from overrated. Sure they have some flaws, but they'll be just fine come tourney time.
verbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #604
verbs

verbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputationverbs Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Kenpom -- #2 (adjO-23, adjD-2)
Updated through today's games. Me thinks this has to be the first time in Kenpom history AZ was #2 in adjD. Gonna be tough to catch OSU for that #1 spot.
verbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #605
elriop1
GOAZCATS.com Sophomore

elriop1 Perfect Reputationelriop1 Perfect Reputationelriop1 Perfect Reputationelriop1 Perfect Reputationelriop1 Perfect Reputationelriop1 Perfect Reputationelriop1 Perfect Reputationelriop1 Perfect Reputationelriop1 Perfect Reputationelriop1 Perfect Reputationelriop1 Perfect Reputation

elriop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #606
PieceOfMeat
GOAZCATS.com Immortal

PieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect ReputationPieceOfMeat Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbs View Post
Kansas is the 3rd youngest team in the nation playing the most difficult schedule in the nation by far. You do the math, but they're far from overrated. Sure they have some flaws, but they'll be just fine come tourney time.
I'm not talking about tourney time, I'm talking about right now, and as of right now they're vastly overrated. I don't agree with rating teams based on potential, or possible end of year improvement. I think rankings should be a reflection of what they've done thus far. Thus far, they don't deserve that ranking imo.
========
2013 Mouse Trap RAP Champion
PieceOfMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #607
Winger
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Winger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by elriop1 View Post

Welp, that gave me an idea.

I just got an Arizona flag for game days, what's the protocol verdict on me flying it outside my house as long as Arizona is ranked #1?

Looks lovely wherever Amy's bro lives.
Winger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #608
azcat34
GOAZCATS.com Legend

azcat34 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat34 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat34 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat34 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat34 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat34 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat34 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat34 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat34 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat34 Beyond Perfect Reputationazcat34 Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbs View Post
Updated through today's games. Me thinks this has to be the first time in Kenpom history AZ was #2 in adjD. Gonna be tough to catch OSU for that #1 spot.
They've been right with Saint Louis for that No. 2 spot for awhile, but I think you are right in that they haven't been able to overtake them until now.
Old 01-07-2014   #609
Winger
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Winger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect ReputationWinger Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby View Post
The '70s were rough on guys.
I think that get up is actually awesome, just needed the tooth-work he has now, to ditch the 60s bra burning glasses, and put a belt on those sansabelts, and he would've looked stylish imo.

As an aside, it's a crime on nature the degree of difference in his hotness and the hotness of his current wife, especially in the hole that Syracuse, NY is.
Old 01-07-2014   #610
97cats
GOAZCATS.com Immortal

97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post

I just got an Arizona flag for game days, what's the protocol verdict on me flying it outside my house as long as Arizona is ranked #1?

put that sucker out front and fly it proud!!!
97cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #611
Winger
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Quote:
put that sucker out front and fly it proud!!!
Jinx effect for Thursday?
Old 01-07-2014   #612
97cats
GOAZCATS.com Immortal

97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation97cats Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Jinx effect for Thursday?
not in the slightest!

we make our own luck here at Arizona
97cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #613
gumby
GOAZCATS.com Immortal

gumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputationgumby Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:

Too much grass.
Old 01-07-2014   #614
Olsondogg
GOAZCATS.com Legend

Olsondogg Beyond Perfect ReputationOlsondogg Beyond Perfect ReputationOlsondogg Beyond Perfect ReputationOlsondogg Beyond Perfect ReputationOlsondogg Beyond Perfect ReputationOlsondogg Beyond Perfect ReputationOlsondogg Beyond Perfect ReputationOlsondogg Beyond Perfect ReputationOlsondogg Beyond Perfect ReputationOlsondogg Beyond Perfect ReputationOlsondogg Beyond Perfect Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieceOfMeat View Post
I'm not talking about tourney time, I'm talking about right now, and as of right now they're vastly overrated. I don't agree with rating teams based on potential, or possible end of year improvement. I think rankings should be a reflection of what they've done thus far. Thus far, they don't deserve that ranking imo.
This all day. People want to look at rankings and justify them with stats, and future projections. It's about what a team has done so far...wins/losses and to whom.

KU is the most overrated ranked team. That's not even debatable.
Old 01-07-2014   #615
BennettDavison!

BennettDavison! Perfect ReputationBennettDavison! Perfect ReputationBennettDavison! Perfect ReputationBennettDavison! Perfect ReputationBennettDavison! Perfect ReputationBennettDavison! Perfect ReputationBennettDavison! Perfect ReputationBennettDavison! Perfect ReputationBennettDavison! Perfect ReputationBennettDavison! Perfect ReputationBennettDavison! Perfect Reputation
Quote:
not in the slightest!

we make our own luck here at Arizona
Except during White Out games
BennettDavison! is offline   Reply With Quote